Sign in to follow this  
barriecritzer

under used upgrades can be your friend

Proton bombs are one of those under used upgrades that is great for catching people off guard with. In the last 3 tournaments I have played in proton bombs have killed several ships that were undamaged. Today it took out a full health coran horn. Since not many people use bombs, players tend to forget you have them even when they see your list at the beginning of the round. Countermeasure was another under used upgrade and helped me a lot in the tournament I won today.

Proton bombs are one of those under used upgrades that is great for catching people off guard with. In the last 3 tournaments I have played in proton bombs have killed several ships that were undamaged. Today it took out a full health coran horn. Since not many people use bombs, players tend to forget you have them even when they see your list at the beginning of the round. Countermeasure was another under used upgrade and helped me a lot in the tournament I won today.

what squad list did u use? iv used fett with proton bomb b4. SableGryphon has had success with this combo also.

Edited by The_Brown_Bomber

Proton bombs can be a great "last resort" weapon. Drop one in the middle of a fur ball and watch the fun. Save it for the time you can't escape and know you won't live out the round. It's amazing how many ships you can cram into range one of a bomb!

I'm not a big fan of "one-and-done" cards, especially those costing more than 1 point, but I can see how Countermeasures would be pretty useful against Imp Aces like Omega Leader. And bringing something unexpected can mess up your opponent's strategy.