Sign in to follow this  
JimbonX

FFG bring N1-Starfighter to X-Wing.

Or just add tasteful paint chips and stains to the base yellow and chrome colors to get that 'lived in' look.

Lived in doesn't have to mean knackered. Does the Lambda look lived in? In a Glaxaxy far far away there are scruffy places and there are rich exclusive places with rich exclusive ships that are always kept in perfect condition.

Oh I agree! I wouldn't weather the N-1 or other Naboo ships myself. Just saying it's an option for people who NEED that look to be happy.

Indeed, most Imperial ships look clean and well-maintained in the movies.

Mind you, it's kinda hard to tell from the comic - it's possible those N-1s are supposed to look a bit neglected.

I still think the chrome will be hard for FFG to produce. Well, we'll see when Wave X is announced I suppose :)

Chrome finishes shouldn't be difficult... you see chrome parts on plastic car model kits all the time.

Or just add tasteful paint chips and stains to the base yellow and chrome colors to get that 'lived in' look.

Lived in doesn't have to mean knackered. Does the Lambda look lived in? In a Glaxaxy far far away there are scruffy places and there are rich exclusive places with rich exclusive ships that are always kept in perfect condition.

Oh I agree! I wouldn't weather the N-1 or other Naboo ships myself. Just saying it's an option for people who NEED that look to be happy.

Mind you, it's kinda hard to tell from the comic - it's possible those N-1s are supposed to look a bit neglected.

I still think the chrome will be hard for FFG to produce. Well, we'll see when Wave X is announced I suppose :)

Chrome finishes shouldn't be difficult... you see chrome parts on plastic car model kits all the time.

I hope you're right, but I suspect it will mean using systems they haven't used before, which could push up prices.

What is appealing to Chrome Banana fans? Do you actually like episode 1?

Yes I do, 3rd favorite sw film.

Do you like how a literal banana dipped in chrome looks? I don't get it.

Yes I do like the way it looks. Possibly my favorite fighter design from the prequels, though not one of my favorites overall necessarily. So what if it's yellow? It's a gorgeous sleek ship.

The N-1 is the very opposite of Star Wars. Something bright yellow that's chrome plated is the very opposite of a lived-in universe. That criticism extends to the prequels as a whole.

As others have said, not EVERYTHING has to be used looking. Look at the imperials for reference. Heck, republic vehicles are more used looking than the empire even.

Yes I do like the way it looks. Possibly my favorite fighter design from the prequels, though not one of my favorites overall necessarily. So what if it's yellow? It's a gorgeous sleek ship.

The N-1 is the very opposite of Star Wars. Something bright yellow that's chrome plated is the very opposite of a lived-in universe. That criticism extends to the prequels as a whole.

As others have said, not EVERYTHING has to be used looking. Look at the imperials for reference. Heck, republic vehicles are more used looking than the empire even.

The Empire gets clean, non-lived in ships because they're supposed to be an orderly, tolatitarian empire.

They don't paint their ships yellow.

They don't chrome plate them.

Considering that episode 1 is your third favorite Star Wars movie, I think that your opinion can safely be discarded.

There's no reason for Royal Naboo ships to be grubby.

Having every ship from every faction be grey would be boring. I'm glad there are some that are different.

How do we know that the 'chrome' portions of Naboo ships aren't just the natural metal portions of the ships WITHOUT paint? To assume that metal ships are chrome plated after construction seems to be an odd assumption to make. Unless it's officially stated somewhere that the chrome on Naboo ships is a special finish that goes on top of the base construction material? I'd assume the N-1 starts out shiny metallic looking when built, and then has portions painted yellow.

These are mostly un-painted, rather than 'painted silver/chrome':

NL1451D-North-American-P-51-Mustang_Plan

4993337485_05a47aee46_z.jpg

3922fdc09f761fdbcd89d8a870e3bffd.jpg

The Empire gets clean, non-lived in ships because they're supposed to be an orderly, tolatitarian empire.

Considering that episode 1 is your third favorite Star Wars movie, I think that your opinion can safely be discarded.

And Naboo has clean ships because they're a fairly prosperous planet whose small military is basically an expanded royal guard. They're not used all that much and are kept clean and polished because they're a symbol of royalty.

It actually makes sense for the N-1 not to be grubby, they're a token guard ship for a world that really never thought it'd see a military action. I think Lucas wanted to show a world that was untainted and "clean" in the prequels to contrast the grubby decay that the Empire brought about, but it didn't translate well. I personally despise the design of Kamino and the Clone ships. Too new future, too white.

Naboo people paint their fighters yellow and chrome plate them. Because they have their own cultural and historical which makes them do that.

Maintaining and cleaning fighters is a sign of a totalitarian goverment, holy ****, we are in deep trouble, most of the world is totalitarian :D :D :D

EVERY competent goverment will keep their aircraft in a good shape. Look up some photos of real aircraft in peacetime, they are all clean and "non-lived in".

Naboo people paint their fighters yellow and chrome plate them. Because they have their own cultural and historical which makes them do that.

Maintaining and cleaning fighters is a sign of a totalitarian goverment, holy ****, we are in deep trouble, most of the world is totalitarian :D :D :D

EVERY competent goverment will keep their aircraft in a good shape. Look up some photos of real aircraft in peacetime, they are all clean and "non-lived in".

Come to think of it, so are commercial airliners.  No wonder Luke thought the Falcon was a pile of rubbish.

I hope you're right, but I suspect it will mean using systems they haven't used before, which could push up prices.

dkpublishing-starwars-incrediblecross-se

Also look at that cutaway. the thing runs on conner nets XD.

From the center right side of the cut-away image:

THAT GLEAMING ROYAL LOOK

The N1 fighter sports a gleaming chromium finish on its forward surfaces. Purely decorative, this finish indicates the ship's royal allegiance. Early Naboo spacecraft required a chromelike finish for protection from harmful rays in the planet's upper atmosphere. Now that spacecraft and their pilots are fully shielded from such rays by electromagnetic fields technology, the chrome finished is retained for tradition and kept as a royal symbol. Only royal ships may carry the hand-finished royal chromium treatment.

If they are Rebel fighters I could see them painted like T-65 X-wings. 

Edited by gabe69velasquez

Did another search today and discovered this version. 27278219163_532443f3e3_o.jpg27278224833_2803e21e1e_o.jpg27277969694_b87c604362_o.jpg27277970804_8013e1c700_o.jpg27612510870_8157ffd354_c.jpg27612514120_e6f1539ccf_c.jpg

That matt silver paint job is what I'd be worried about with an FFG N-1. It's not right, especially on the royal shuttle. It needs to be a smooth, shiny, almost mirror finnish.

Just paint it yourself with some Alclad color ;)

http://alclad2.com/finishes/high-shine/alc-107-chrome-for-plastic/

Edited by RougeLeader

"You like something I don't like so you don't get to have your optional toys that I don't HAVE to have to play with".