FFG bring N1-Starfighter to X-Wing.

Naboo starfighter classes

Maybe a few titles in the mix.

N-1L, N1, and N-1T

NabooStarfighters.jpg

NB-1S, NB-1, NB-1T Royal Bombers

NabooBombers.jpg

Edited by gabe69velasquez

I could see the N-1 being a TIE style arc dodger for the Rebels. Imagine a TIE/FO, but without the Segnors on the dial or the System slot, and an added Torpedo slot. It would be en agile light fighter like the A-Wing, but a Torp instead of the Missile, and a slightly cheaper at only 1 shield instead of 2.

Edited by Kyla

Yes, the N1 is like 20 years older, and made by a small military group (WWII proved how well those tiny production were... well they weren't !).

Comparing it to the Z95 is like putting a Hawker Hurricane MkI against an F4 Phantom II and wanting it to be as effective because they had, roughly, the same role.

So, yes, you would want to be able to use the N1? Give it attack 1, agility 2, 2 hull and 1/2 shields.

And as for the dial, no, it can't be as manouverable as the A-wing, which is the top interceptor for the rebellion era (according to the original canon, not the sh*tty Mickey Mouse one).

And anyway, no prelogy, thanks, these movies ruined Star Wars.

Sorry to burst the no prequel bubble but it's been done with the arc now.

Also the fact it's shown in a Canon comic taking on TIE fighters even though it's about a 40 year old design by then shows it's viable.

Also giving it a barrel roll would be huge for Rebels since hardly any of their ships can do that.

I posted this in the arc thread but I'm going with a 2/3/1/2 stat line with focus, TL, barrel, and evade. That plus astromech and torpedo makes it a cheap unique design space for Rebels.

Hmm. Sounds like a Rebel Scyk with a mandatory torpedo instead of a cannon. Interesting ...

EDIT: minus the astromech, of course.

Edited by Budgernaut

Posted this in the ARC-170 thread but it belongs more here...

Just downloaded the comic....

Rebel N1 Starfighters vs Imperial TIE fighters:

27416052866_9df61ff35e_b.jpg

27350945182_63a7a44aba_b.jpg

27378733701_edc92911d5_b.jpg

In official cannon and post Return of the Jedi no less...  Seems legit to me, Although I would rather the game have a rebel version of the paint scheme (grey underside with worn green or blue top maybe) rather than the Royal Naboo Paint (save that for modders and an Aces pack)

N-1L, N1, and N-1T

NabooStarfighters.jpg

NabooBombers.jpg

I like the N1, but the rest of those ships made me throw up a little...  :wacko:

I like the Idea of it filling a role between the Z-95 and A-Wing, the Rebels are in Desperate need of cheap and Agile Ships.  4 agility would be insane (and with a Stealth Device!?) But I agree with 2/3/2/1. Possibly give it a title that is like  a cheap Hull Upgrade (shields need to stay low to prevent R2-D2 abuse). Actions would be Focus, TL, Evade, and Barrel Roll. I agree the Dial could be like the Tie Advanced Prototype at speed 1 and 2, but lower the top speed to 4 and maybe give it S. Loops or Talon Rolls to switch it up a bit.  I like how the ARC-170 only has 4 Unique Pilots, But I feel like there should maybe be at least one generic for the N1. Either way, the cheapest pilot should be maybe 14? Top Pilot 19 or 20 depending on how good their ability is. A title or mod could scrap the Torpedo for a different ability.  Maybe include a "perform this attack twice" torpedo as well.

N-1L, N1, and N-1T

NabooStarfighters.jpg

NabooBombers.jpg

I like the N1, but the rest of those ships made me throw up a little...  :wacko:

I believe those are from galactic battlegrounds. The same game ffg got the punisher from...*shudder*.

The n1s upgrade bar makes it overlap with the x in addition to the hypothetical profile (2 dice low health) overlapping A and Z

So it can't be an efficient jouster (even if the X-Wing isn't) or an amazing blocker

And it has to have broll (that's a neat trick)

But how do we set it apart otherwise

For one, it could introduce a not **** r5-k6 aka the astromech FCs:

Rx astromech (2): once per round, when you spend a target lock on an enemy ship, you may immediately acquire a free target lock on that ship

Combined with a torpedo, the Rx Astro gives you the same mods as a torpscouts torpedo minus the ease of deadeye. Added bonus, it'd turn Ys into boss ordnance carriers

Then you further distinguish the n1 by giving it (instead joust efficiency or blocking prowess) the ability to contribute by debuffing the opponent. Wes' ability would've been far superior on a cheaper platform as it does not directly influence his attack damage, so put a version of it on a low PS n1 pilot (at the start of combat, lop a token off an enemy at range 1-2 and in arc, for example)

Alternatively, you can have it (after executing a maneuver) take a weapons disabled token to emit a range 1 debuff (like -1 agility)

It's also an opportunity to provide interesting support mechanics instead of garbage like esege or sharas ability. For example, a PS 7 Leia could help another friendly (small) ship at range 1 perform a free barrel roll action at the beginning of combat (spinning's in her blood)

To be less obviously useful but more interesting, let her roll all friendly ships at the start of the end phase in order to secure more maneuver shenanigans instead of simple combat tricks

Edited by ficklegreendice

Ah yes

the N1

First sign of a stupid kid spouting stupid lines about it not being stupid pod stupid racing, and it'll be permanently embedded into the nearest wall.

Otherwise it's not a bad looking ship and a good opportunity for a Leia pilot.

Hopefully a new Astromech or two.

Just downloaded the comic....Rebel N1 Starfighters vs Imperial TIE fighters:27416052866_9df61ff35e_b.jpg

In official cannon and post Return of the Jedi no less...  Seems legit to me, Although I would rather the game have a rebel version of the paint scheme (grey underside with worn green or blue top maybe) rather than the Royal Naboo Paint (save that for modders and an Aces pack)

That was cool, but would have been better if they were piloting cool ships from good movies instead of Chrome Bananas For People Who Will Gobble Up Anything Star Wars Even If It Sucks. Get better taste, the prequels don't count.

Just downloaded the comic....Rebel N1 Starfighters vs Imperial TIE fighters:27416052866_9df61ff35e_b.jpg

That was cool, but would have been better if they were piloting cool ships from good movies instead of Chrome Bananas For People Who Will Gobble Up Anything Star Wars Even If It Sucks. Get better taste, the prequels don't count.

EjJopdb.jpg

I know design space is an important consideration, but even if I had two ships that were virtually the same, I would pick the pilot abilities I needed the most for the squad. And for generics, I'd let the upgrade bar determine: Do I need cheap filler? Z-95. Is there an astromech that would work really well for this ship/squad? N-1 Starfighter. And of course, FFG can just put in some awesome upgrade card that synergizes perfectly with the Imperial ship of that wave and BAM! Tons of sales! (Probably not the most desirablle path, but they've done it before *cough*pushthelimit*cough*)

Posted this in the ARC-170 thread but it belongs more here...Just downloaded the comic....Rebel N1 Starfighters vs Imperial TIE fighters:27416052866_9df61ff35e_b.jpg 27350945182_63a7a44aba_b.jpg 27378733701_edc92911d5_b.jpg

i'm firmly in the "all releases are good releases" camp and when I read that comic it became very clear how easily it would fit in.

Can't wait ;)

I do not like the prequels... but they did many things right: The jedi cruiser, Slave 1 being the boss and 1 second of Aurra Sing which had a moded Jedi Cruiser... are you reading this FFG? Nice pick for a scum epic ship! But I also like the Naboo fighter... It just looks so classic and sleek... so this is my take:

Naboo figther. 

Dial like tie figther. But no 5 forward and no 3 k-turn but with 1 forward green.

focus, target lock and barrel roll.

torpedo and astromech.

2 attack. 3 evade 2 hull 1 shield

Pilots:

ps 2 Naboo Party Pilot (see last part of RoTJ)- 13p

ps 4 Sosha Soruna- you may preform a target lock action before you revealing your dial  14/15p

ps 5 leia- at the start of activation phase you may remove a stress token from a friendly ship at range 1.  15/16/17p EPT 

ps 6 Shara Bey-when attacking you may tread the blue target lock from other friendly ships at range 1-2 as your own. 17/18p EPT

New cards:

Astomech: R5 D4: when you are destroyed or this card gets discarded, all other friendly ships at range 1-2 get assigned a focus token. 0p

2 titles both unique: Wartime relic: When attacking a unique pilot roll one additional dice. 1P. Royal treasure: When attacking a pilot with pilot-skill 6 or lower roll an additional dice. 1p

N-1L, N1, and N-1T

NabooStarfighters.jpg

NabooBombers.jpg

I believe those are from galactic battlegrounds. The same game ffg got the punisher from...*shudder*.

Why does everyone hate the Punisher? It's a freaking nightmare and a half - and in a good way. It just looks mean.

Ah yes

the N1

First sign of a stupid kid spouting stupid lines about it not being stupid pod stupid racing, and it'll be permanently embedded into the nearest wall.

Otherwise it's not a bad looking ship and a good opportunity for a Leia pilot.

Hopefully a new Astromech or two.

Why the hate for pod racing? Pod racers are freaking awesome - and you can't deny that you'd want to watch the races if someone figured out how to make them!

The good movies...which ones? There's 7 to pick from, after all.

Hm.

A statline almost identical to the Scyk, if not an A-wing (I put my money on the Scyk, here - because rebels literally already have the A-wing), put them at 'TIE fighter with a couple tricks'. Of course, this would be a wonderful option for filler that isn't a Z-95, provided it's worth its points... but not so worthwhile that it out-jousts the poor Z.

Well, at least the ARC has the solution: A quartet of unique pilots. Preferably with their abilities set up so that they're interesting to take as 'that one filler ship' in your otherwise normal squad, but perhaps not so interesting you routinely take more than one or two.

A debuff-type ability could be nice. So too could one that synergises especially well with a torpedo, somewhere. With the Astromech pick, and barrel rolls on hand, an ace that's worth slapping PTL on could be fun. My biggest headache is that so many abilities are already out there that would have played nicely - an N1-style Guri, Wes, Alozen or Strom would all have been especially valuable, without being automatically super-jousters... and flying a ship fragile enough that you need to be careful while flying your precision weapon. :)

Hypothetical dial:

5 straight red

4 straight white

4 Kturn red

3 hard red

3 bank white

3 straight green

2 Talon Roll Red*

2 hard green

2 bank green

2 straight green

1 hard red

1 bank green

1 straight green.

The dial has enough green (including the valuable 2 hard) to make R2D2 or BB8 an attractive choice, buuuut.... Generic R2 makes  2 talon rolls and 1 hards green instead of red. It also has enough red at speed 3 to 5 (where R2 cant fix it) that Targeting astromech isnt entirely out of place, picking up the trolls and hards as well.

Give it barrel rolls but not boost, and cap the pilot skill of aces to 6 (Sharon bey) or 7 (Leia isnt a full jedi so doesn't get the jedi standard PS8), to stop it from being a completely untouchable arcdodger in R2 generic mode- a hypothetical leia could either have PS9 with VI OR PTL EU at PS7

Hypothetical dial:

5 straight red

4 straight white

4 Kturn red

3 hard red

3 bank white

3 straight green

2 Talon Roll Red*

2 hard green

2 bank green

2 straight green

1 hard red

1 bank green

1 straight green.

The dial has enough green (including the valuable 2 hard) to make R2D2 or BB8 an attractive choice, buuuut.... Generic R2 makes  2 talon rolls and 1 hards green instead of red. It also has enough red at speed 3 to 5 (where R2 cant fix it) that Targeting astromech isnt entirely out of place, picking up the trolls and hards as well.

Give it barrel rolls but not boost, and cap the pilot skill of aces to 6 (Sharon bey) or 7 (Leia isnt a full jedi so doesn't get the jedi standard PS8), to stop it from being a completely untouchable arcdodger in R2 generic mode- a hypothetical leia could either have PS9 with VI OR PTL EU at PS7

Bit of a hard sell on the 2 green, 3 red - they're generally separate by a white, and turns shouldn't really seem that hard. The troll turning green... no. There's a specific, special defender pilot that lets you do green k-turns... as a mid-PS pilot on a ship that already had white ones.

I suspect you'd have much more luck with a syck-style dial that ran 3 turns over 1 turns, but kept the slightly-extra-greens thing going on and leaving the hard turns to be greened out by r2.

That's a reasonable place for it to land at 13 points base, too. Probably places the bottom unique at 14 actual, and a not awful pilot ability... or 13 for a zeb-alike.

Why does everyone hate the Punisher? It's a freaking nightmare and a half - and in a good way. It just looks mean.

Probably because it's such an incredibly obscure ship to include in the game, especially when better-known options were available.

Tiescim.jpg

And the Punisher basically means the Scimitar won't ever be in the game, because it would basically fill the exact same niche on the Imperial side.

Edited by Red XIV

Yeah, scimitar would have been perfect.

I'm not going to mention certain other ships either.  We all know someones thinkign it, so back to the N1.

There is canonical precedent. There is in game precedent.

We'll see it within a few waves easy.

I suspect it'll be like an A-wing on crack.

Yeah, scimitar would have been perfect.

I'm not going to mention certain other ships either.  We all know someones thinkign it, so back to the N1.

There is canonical precedent. There is in game precedent.

We'll see it within a few waves easy.

I suspect it'll be like an A-wing on crack.

I'd prefer a sckyk (read: marginally stronger TIE fighter) with unique pilots that emphasise the scrapper/micro ace 'had points left, wanted a unique pilot' role. You know, like backstabber, Wampa, N'dru, etc manage now.

It's a niche that rebels lack, and one where a rarity on the table actually works cleanly.