Sign in to follow this  
JimbonX

FFG bring N1-Starfighter to X-Wing.

That's a pretty powerful ability. With push the limit and an evade token, you're guaranteed 3 evades a turn, if not more. I like the idea though.

27441553056_bd4f7cbfd8_o.jpg

I do believe that it is not as fast as the A-wing but more maneuverable,

and also a smaller target. If you went by volume I'd guess half an A-wing.

Edited by gabe69velasquez

Please.

Please give Prequel haters even more reasons to cry.

I'd LOVE Leia to be in the N1. Juuuuuuuuust to REALLY grate on hate.

This is no reason to want anything in the game... and also the ships are not why many people hate the prequels.

;)

Hell if I care. You know why? They don't either.

Yeah but you are one of our young guard and a veteran here and the other younger Wingers need you to be a good example for them.

:)

I'm like 23. That's young but, not exactly young-guard. I pre-date the prequels, y'know.

Dude. You and I were 6-7 when episode I came out. We were the target audience. That's the definition of young guard. Unless you're counting the current wave of 6-7 year olds who are experiencing Star Wars through the force awakens.

Also, YES PLEASE GIVE ME MY BEAUTIFUL N1. We will ride eternal, shiny and chrome!

2/4/2/1 is the stat line I see for the N1

I agree. Sort of a middle-ground between an A-Wing and a Z-95; not as fast straight-line speed as an A-Wing, but able to corner like mother fether given that it's super-nimble rather than super-fast.

Please.

Please give Prequel haters even more reasons to cry.

I'd LOVE Leia to be in the N1. Juuuuuuuuust to REALLY grate on hate.

This is no reason to want anything in the game... and also the ships are not why many people hate the prequels.

;)

Hell if I care. You know why? They don't either.

Yeah but you are one of our young guard and a veteran here and the other younger Wingers need you to be a good example for them.

:)

I'm like 23. That's young but, not exactly young-guard. I pre-date the prequels, y'know.

Dude. You and I were 6-7 when episode I came out. We were the target audience. That's the definition of young guard. Unless you're counting the current wave of 6-7 year olds who are experiencing Star Wars through the force awakens.

Also, YES PLEASE GIVE ME MY BEAUTIFUL N1. We will ride eternal, shiny and chrome!

Also, now FFG HAS to do it so that we can have a Scum player jack them as proxies for other ships and make this joke.

There's no way the N-1 has agility 4. Even 3 might be too much, but if it's Agi 2 then it's basically a Z-95 with a theoretically better dial, Astro and torp.

And while that's fairly different, I think it would need something really unique to warrant another 2/2/2/2 fighter. Astro+Torp+Chips doesn't really have a cheap option right now, so that would be okay, but I'm not sure where to draw the line. A great dial means it's stepping on A-Wing toes, and a mediocre dial really ramps up the Z-95 comparison. 

Here's the problem though. You can't make the N1 comparable to the Z-95. Yes, it's only a little younger, but the Z-95 is a production run craft.

The N1 Starfighter most certainly is not. The Naboo Royal Air Force is really only like... What, is it less than 100? For all the engineering they packed into that tiny frame, that's an extremely advanced starfighter, especially for its time. Without a doubt, its small frame and high speed allows it to have 3 with absolutely no contest. Its laser cannons ain't too shabby either, but those are probably just 2.

But we need to stop pretending the Z-95 and N1 are comparable starfighters. They aren't in any way shape or form.

Yes, the N1 is like 20 years older, and made by a small military group (WWII proved how well those tiny production were... well they weren't !).
Comparing it to the Z95 is like putting a Hawker Hurricane MkI against an F4 Phantom II and wanting it to be as effective because they had, roughly, the same role.

So, yes, you would want to be able to use the N1? Give it attack 1, agility 2, 2 hull and 1/2 shields.
And as for the dial, no, it can't be as manouverable as the A-wing, which is the top interceptor for the rebellion era (according to the original canon, not the sh*tty Mickey Mouse one).

And anyway, no prelogy, thanks, these movies ruined Star Wars.

Edited by Giledhil

So, yes, you would want to be able to use the N1? Give it attack 1, agility 2, 2 hull and 1/2 shields.

And as for the dial, no, it can't be as manouverable as the A-wing, which is the top interceptor for the rebellion era (according to the original canon, not the sh*tty Mickey Mouse one).

What part of Disney's canon said there was a better interceptor than the A-Wing?

Disney made it a pre-Yavin ship, where original canon (the one used by FFG when releasing the A-wing expansion, BTW) had it being a new ship from around Endor battle, when the Rebellion had other assets to builds ships. And I'm talking about the stock A-wing, not the R22-A Spearhead.
Difference, in time of war, of a few years, can be huge (that and the fact that A-wing pilots in Rebels are the equivalent of Star Trek's red shirts :P).

Edited by Giledhil

Yes, the N1 is like 20 years older, and made by a small military group (WWII proved how well those tiny production were... well they weren't !).

Comparing it to the Z95 is like putting a Hawker Hurricane MkI against an F4 Phantom II and wanting it to be as effective because they had, roughly, the same role.

Sorry to burst the no prequel bubble but it's been done with the arc now.

Also the fact it's shown in a Canon comic taking on TIE fighters even though it's about a 40 year old design by then shows it's viable.

Also giving it a barrel roll would be huge for Rebels since hardly any of their ships can do that.

I posted this in the arc thread but I'm going with a 2/3/1/2 stat line with focus, TL, barrel, and evade. That plus astromech and torpedo makes it a cheap unique design space for Rebels.

First off: ugh. Not this cark again.

Second: What, did the movies somehow consciously enter your mind and alter your memories and experiences in the past? Did the movies retroactively go in and "ruin" anything? And how int he hell COULD they "ruin" anything?

Seriously. People look for reasons to complain about ANYTHING.

And how int he hell COULD they "ruin" anything?

Contradictions to the previous movies every two minutes.

Ridiculous outdoing of action scenes and special effects (some call that "epicness", I heard :S But making more of it doesn't mean it's gonna be better ).

Bad acting.

Stupid characters supposed to be funny.

I can continue with that list for a while.

Edited by Giledhil

sodium.gif

1- The shape of the N1 is the result of it being hand-built, not a result of it being more advanced than the starfighters of the original trilogy. In fact, you'll note that all Naboo starships share the same design aesthetic - because they're all hand built. Part of the purpose of the prequels is to show the galaxy going from a mythical age of peace and prosperity, where everything is hand built by dwarves and elves to an age riven by war and driven by machines building machines (how perverse!). 

2- If you're going to argue that the N1 is a Hawker Hurricane and the Z-95 is an F-4 Phantom II (personally, I suspect the Z-95 would be more akin to an F-5 and the ARC is more akin to the F-4, but whatever), then that makes the T-65 an F-15A, the T-70 an F-15C, and the TIE/fo and TIE/sf a PAK FA. While I don't doubt that a highly skilled pilot in an F-15C could do fairly well against poorly-trained pilots in PAK FAs, I doubt that a ragtag bunch of volunteers flying F-15Cs would fair well against highly-trained PAK FA counterparts. 

IOW, technology does not advance as fast in Star Wars as it does in real life. 

3- The N1 is in service, in canon, at the beginning of the Clone Wars. Naboo never seems to have directly suffered during the Clone Wars - despite having their native son Palpatine and their native daughter Amidala get kidnapped on occasion - and thus there is no evidence to suggest that the N1 was somehow unsuitable for military service by the end of the Clone Wars. The N1 is also seen, in canon, picking fights with TIE/lns and holding its own. It's possible that Naboo's military may have replaced the Trade Federation occupation-era N1s with upgraded models, perhaps N1A1s or N1E1s, models that appear to be identical on the outside, but have upgraded engines, shields, and armaments. It is further possible that under the Empire, the Royal Naboo Security Forces completely replaced their N1s (all variants) with Imperial design craft or - more likely - with linear descendants of the N1, still handmade. 

Thus we might see rebel field-upgraded N1s in yellow and chrome (although I would prefer to see the chrome scrubbed - it's a symbol of Naboo royalty. Which is fitting for Leia, but not as far as she's aware and not for general use by the rebellion, maybe put the ships in grey with yellow, tying the livery in with both more common rebel ships and the ship's origins as warships of the Naboo) and Imperial N2s (or N3s) - repaints of the N1 - in red and chrome (it doesn't get any more royal than the Emperor, so the chrome stays - and ties the ship in with the ship's Naboo origins, while the red ties it in with other elite Imperial starfighters and the Emperor himself). If the ARC is bereft of generic pilots, I would then also limit both rebel and Imperial Naboo fighters to four named pilots. 

Edited by Vigil

Disney made it a pre-Yavin ship, where original canon (the one used by FFG when releasing the A-wing expansion, BTW) had it being a new ship from around Endor battle, when the Rebellion had other assets to builds ships. And I'm talking about the stock A-wing, not the R22-A Spearhead.

Difference, in time of war, of a few years, can be huge (that and the fact that A-wing pilots in Rebels are the equivalent of Star Trek's red shirts :P).

I don't actually remember anything in ROTJ commenting that A-Wings were brand new. Disney retconned how it's creation came about. Going purely on the movies, they've not spoiled anything - I don't think the A-Wing even got a name...