Sign in to follow this  
JimbonX

FFG bring N1-Starfighter to X-Wing.

2 hours ago, Odanan said:

What about this?

(yours is too cheap comparing with the (awful) Adv. Homing Missiles)

upgrade-adv homing torp.jpg

You may want change it to "the defender receives one face-up damage card." to keep in constant with the AHM.

Edit: Wait...is this a way to make it different from AHM?

Edited by sf1raptor

11 hours ago, Odanan said:

What about this?

The original Homing Torpedo is not like the Adv. Homing Missile, I was only trying to make a Homing Torpedo that is different from Homing Missile by adding some elements of Adv. Homing Missile.

Homing torpedoes were small projectile missiles, with a bigger warhead replaced with a guiding system. It made homing torpedoes less dangerous, but more maneuverable. They were very useful on slow starships, such as freighters.   Lieutenant Gavyn Sykes of the Royal Naboo Security Forces found the homing torpedo upgrade for his N-1 starfighter during the Invasion of Naboo.

Cluster Homing Torpedo was a type of homing torpedo which could be carried on board N-1 starfighters of the Royal Naboo Security Forces. Once fired, the projectile split into smaller projectiles which sought out targets.

32458032732_e388d7b957_b.jpg

This is an odd suggestion, adding discarding the target lock on a homing ordnance to reduce the cost, but the it's such an odd difference between Homing Missile and Adv. Homing Missile that it isn't as odd as it seems at first.  It's odd that Homing Missile would roll more dice than Adv.Homing Missile, unless you consider that it does more serious damage, bypassing shields and dealing a face up damage card. But  Adv. Homing Missile cost less because of the restrictions, on range and attack dice and total damage.  Homing Missile can do more damage over all, Adv. Homing Missile does more precise serious damage. Which one is Homing Torpedo more like? Well what I've missed is that Homing Torpedo is an upgrade of a Proton Torpedo, so that has to be factored in.  Later we have to be able to do an Adv. Homing Proton Torpedo that fits, and also the Cluster Homing Torpedo.  So for the Homing Torpedo the question becomes how do you make a Proton Torpedo more like a Homing Missile, while considering that the fluff difference is " with a bigger warhead replaced with a guiding system. It made homing torpedoes less dangerous, but more maneuverable."

Proton-torpedoes.pngHoming_Missiles.png

This last chart I made to help myself visualize a merger, but it just shows two extremes that give me pause.

32465298222_3d85c1c600_b.jpg

Edited by gabe69velasquez

18 hours ago, Odanan said:

What about this?

I think I'm mistaken about the upgrade from Proton Torpedoes, that may just mean in game lingo that it is unlocked for use in the game.

So going back to the description of the Homing Torpedo as something small and maneuverable with a smaller warhead. 

32496091471_23026b0305.jpg32582529366_5d7face2d1_z.jpg32622686485_404cfe8bcb.jpg

Is this something you would equip on a N1 Starfighter?

1 hour ago, markcsoul said:

Really bummed the N1 didn't make it in wave 11. I feel it could have had a more unique role than the wookiee ship.

I wouldn't worry to much, it's probably on the playtesting table, making sure they get it right, and they have to prioritize releases, but I'm sure it's coming. 

Posted (edited)

Congratulations to everyone who wished for this starfighter, it didn't take "11 years" after all. I was right about a System slot!

@Odanan, Any chance you'd take the time to convert the 2.0 cards back down to 1.0 versions.

I'd just have to print the dial out on heavy grade paper and I'd be set.

swz40_ship-art.png

swz40_spread.png

Edited by gabe69velasquez