Sign in to follow this  
JimbonX

FFG bring N1-Starfighter to X-Wing.

Red A-wing is from the movie, blue one is based on the concept art:

MCQ-awing.jpg

Behind the scenes

Though most sources established that the A-wing was introduced by the Rebel Alliance after the Battle of Yavin, some EU sources deviate from this and show A-wings in use before Yavin, notably Star Wars Droids, Star Wars: X-Wing, Star Wars: Rebel Assault, Star Wars: Force Commander, and Star Wars: Empire at War. Although from an out-of-universe perspective, this is clearly a case of game developers not being able to be bothered to check with existing canon first, from the in-universe view this presented an inconsistency. This was eventually reconciled in The New Essential Guide to Characters, where the pre-Yavin appearances of A-wings were retconned and explained as being R-22 Spearheads instead.[7] The name is similar to that of the R-41 Starchaser and R-60 "T-wing" Interceptor, and the Spearhead may, like the Starchaser and T-wing, be a design of Hoersch-Kessel Drive, Inc.

R-22 was a retcon so most of the time it looked exactly like the movie A-wing because it was meant to be an A-wing until someone realised that A-wings weren't around pre-Yavin.

Edited by eMeM

The new Micromachines feel like they are made with the same molds and plastic//rubber as those extreamly sh*tty Starwars table top game that came before x-wing.

star-wars-ships2.jpg

you can even see just on this picture alone how BAD the plastic // rubber // whatever was at keeping its form or looking good.

Incredible!  I'm a particular fan of the TIE Fighters!

At least they did Maul's ship though.  But it's weird that they made Home One backwards.

Also, I'm not entirely sure the scale is quite right...

I was going to respond to your comment as though you were serious,

then I realize you have to have been completely sarcastic.

1) The TIE is droopy, so you must be joking.

2) I own one of those Sith Infiltrators and I have yet to use it.

Home One was just place in the collection backwards not made backwards.

3) LOL. If you image the bigger ones are farther away, then the scale is pretty close.

Wait, that's not Home One. That's a Viscount class.

The new Micromachines feel like they are made with the same molds and plastic//rubber as those extreamly sh*tty Starwars table top game that came before x-wing.

star-wars-ships2.jpg

you can even see just on this picture alone how BAD the plastic // rubber // whatever was at keeping its form or looking good.

Incredible!  I'm a particular fan of the TIE Fighters!

At least they did Maul's ship though.  But it's weird that they made Home One backwards.

Also, I'm not entirely sure the scale is quite right...

I was going to respond to your comment as though you were serious,

then I realize you have to have been completely sarcastic.

1) The TIE is droopy, so you must be joking.

2) I own one of those Sith Infiltrators and I have yet to use it.

Home One was just place in the collection backwards not made backwards.

3) LOL. If you image the bigger ones are farther away, then the scale is pretty close.

Wait, that's not Home One. That's a Viscount class.

Aaah - I thought it was just a bad model!

Regarding the A-Wing, maybe it is just the angle, but the red one looks to have a much longer nose.

Seriously though, that Providence class, I really like it! I can't stand that ship in the film or cartoon, but I love that model. Weird.

Oops, I got the ship wrong, I'll have to find out what that really is.....

It's a Munificent-class star frigate, the one in the collections photo.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Munificent-class_star_frigate/Legends

Bankingclanfrigate.jpg

Munificent_TCW.jpg

Munificent.jpg

Edited by gabe69velasquez

R-22 Spearhead is non-canon now. The new canon is that the A-Wing is a KSE design all the way back to just after the end of the clone wars that the Rebel Alliance co-opted and updated, AKA stripped off the armor, updated the sensors and improved the engines, which became the Rebel A-Wing.

R-22 Spearhead is non-canon now. The new canon is that the A-Wing is a KSE design all the way back to just after the end of the clone wars that the Rebel Alliance co-opted and updated, AKA stripped off the armor, updated the sensors and improved the engines, which became the Rebel A-Wing.

Wait, you're saying a retro-fit modification could add a hull point to the A-wing? Now that I think about it there must have been some custom card that did that and made no sense to me, where did you read this?

I've always been a pretty big fan of the Seperatist designs. They're really cool, unique.

I like that the wings on that ship make it look insect like, but other than that, in those images they look flimsy. Edited by gabe69velasquez

Wait, you're saying a retro-fit modification could add a hull point to the A-wing? Now that I think about it there must have been some custom card that did that and made no sense to me, where did you read this?

I've always been a pretty big fan of the Seperatist designs. They're really cool, unique.

I like that the wings on that ship make it look insect like, but other than that, in those images they look flimsy.

which is kinda why I like it. It's always so flimsy, bolted together looking. Mass produced with the bare minimum requirements. I think that's really cool from a thematic standpoint.

Seriously though, that Providence class, I really like it! I can't stand that ship in the film or cartoon, but I love that model. Weird.

Oops, I got the ship wrong, I'll have to find out what that really is.....

It's a Munificent-class star frigate, the one in the collections photo.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Munificent-class_star_frigate/Legends

Ah, much nicer.

I like that the wings on that ship make it look insect like, but other than that, in those images they look flimsy.

which is kinda why I like it. It's always so flimsy, bolted together looking. Mass produced with the bare minimum requirements. I think that's really cool from a thematic standpoint.

It's actually even cooler than that. To make them harder targets to hit (okay, that would just be a bonus I threw in) and to save on construction costs/resources, most Separatist ships are held together/supported by tensor fields, the same way they attach/support the wings for the Trade Federation landing craft.

It's actually even cooler than that. To make them harder targets to hit (okay, that would just be a bonus I threw in) and to save on construction costs/resources, most Separatist ships are held together/supported by tensor fields, the same way they attach/support the wings for the Trade Federation landing craft.

On one hand that seems like a horrible idea in case power fails.

On the other hand, I guess it works.

Evaan Verlaine has a small connection to Naboo being an Alderaan survivor.  

There are fan theories that she is the character Laura Dern is playing in SW8.

Which is not consistent with the speculation that this actress is playing Evann in R1. 

I haven't read the Leia comics but I hope there's a possibility they took some N1s with them.

swct-base4-r1-xwing-pilot-1.jpg?w=350

Putting this together for the [CCL] Custom Card contest:

pbsyORz.jpgwx4QH4R.jpg
Price point started at Tie Advance, -4 for the Advance Title, and then another point or two for the stiff dial.

Watching Phantom Menace, the "nimble" N1 really isnt. It gracefully curves around the battlefield at high speed, slightly altering course to sideslip enemy fire, but the onl one who does any kind of fancy maneuvers is little "Lets try rolling!", who even as a 10 year old had Expert Handling. (and got stressed for his troubles)

Rolewise, the N1 is a cheap, fast ship with access to torpedo and astromech slots. It's named pilots are all low PS with support abilities.

VewoMxP.jpg

FtTPMYw.jpg
ylVpuJK.jpg

It also seems overly fast. The only other Small ship with Green 5 Straight and Boost, is the A-wing.

Slower with a bit more manueverability I think would fit better.

The Databank:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/a-wing-fighter

With the Ahsoka novel revealing that A-Wings were around just after the clone wars.

swct-base4-r1-xwing-pilot-1.jpg?w=350

That character's named in the Rogue One Ultimate Visual Guide as Lt. Zal Dinnes (Red Eight).

Edited by Ironlord

It also seems overly fast. The only other Small ship with Green 5 Straight and Boost, is the A-wing.

Slower with a bit more manueverability I think would fit better.

I really did not see the craft doing tight turns in the movie. I therefore wanted to explore something like the Shadowcaster's design space- no brakes, boost needed for sharper turns. Boom and zoom gameplay rather than turn and burn dogfighting.

I wanted to put a techslot in to allow Comm Relay, give it something to do while out of range, but  couldnt justify Vong-era tech in a prequel ship. Instead, I'm gpoint to pack  it with an R8 astromech, Vong era atromech used for slot-swapping astro to tech.

The Shadow Caster has a GREEN hard turn friend.

And no boost.

Not when I play it :P

There's a huge functional difference between a red hard turn and any other, principally that it becomes a LOT more dangerous to go anywhere near the board edges and face them.

Even if you only leave it a single turn, make it white.  Learn from FFG's mistake with the Lambda.