Sign in to follow this  
JimbonX

FFG bring N1-Starfighter to X-Wing.

Amusing Side Note, The Naboo had Arc-170s........ Let me say that again. Naboo....Had Arc-170s.

Queen Kylantha of Naboo also owned several old ARC-170s. Her personal ship technicians had rehauled a few of them and turned them into formidable fighters again. She gave one to an adventurer as a token of appreciation for helping the Wookiees Imarrra and Orrekazzapirr escape from captivity.

that is a interesting thing that happened and now someone must make a yellow Naboo Arc-170 Paint Job.

On a different side note

One old ARC-170 was found in an old secret hangar of the Rebel Alliance on the planet Dathomir. The Wookiees Imarrra and Orrekazzapirr took this ARC-170 after they had been freed from the Imperial prison facility and managed to punch a hole through the Imperial blockade around the planet

Wookies fly Arc-170s.... Chewbacca needs a Arc-170 Pilot Card now.

Edited by Zeoinx

Amusing Side Note, The Naboo had Arc-170s........ Let me say that again. Naboo....Had Arc-170s.

Queen Kylantha of Naboo also owned several old ARC-170s. Her personal ship technicians had rehauled a few of them and turned them into formidable fighters again. She gave one to an adventurer as a token of appreciation for helping the Wookiees Imarrra and Orrekazzapirr escape from captivity.

that is a interesting thing that happened and now someone must make a yellow Naboo Arc-170 Paint Job.

On a different side note

One old ARC-170 was found in an old secret hangar of the Rebel Alliance on the planet Dathomir. The Wookiees Imarrra and Orrekazzapirr took this ARC-170 after they had been freed from the Imperial prison facility and managed to punch a hole through the Imperial blockade around the planet

Wookies fly Arc-170s.... Chewbacca needs a Arc-170 Pilot Card now.

That first half was the rebel "Episode III ship" quest in Star Wars Galaxies. Sadly the ARC-170 was the least used of the entire bunch.

BUT YES!

A Royal ARC-170 would be sick-nasty yo.

If anyone wants to imagine the color scheme I thought of, Imagine anything RED On the arc painted Chrome, anything WHITE is yellow. , enjoy your fantasy dream flight now.

Got bored, mocked up something.

I'm too lazy to do chrome worth a ****...

5meD1Cm.png

Ooooohhhh... All it needs is some kind of metallic glossing and a blue engine glow, and it's perfect.

Ooooohhhh... All it needs is some kind of metallic glossing and a blue engine glow, and it's perfect.

If I ever thought to do something like that, I would have to get some legit chrome paint just to make sure the thing is shiny as heck.

You know, once I go back to working on my meager Rebel collection, I may have to do that with an ARC-170.

Found these on sale to day for $5 CAD at Canadian Tire...

No N1s but maybe someone will have better luck than I did.

30654915451_b70e5dbc74_c.jpg

30706354626_39b95a946f_c.jpg

1: Indeed it is, so that's why I figure she'd have N1s with her.

2: neeeeeeaaaaaaat.

But those are terrible!

I realize I've been spoiled by FFG's miniatures, and probably have some rose tinted nostalgia goggles as well, but man do the new micromachines look like CRAP.

I feel like the old ones were at least halfway decent, these just look super cheap.  Only cool thing is that they have ships for all the movies now, as the original line ended right after TPM I'm pretty sure.

For what I paid for them I wasn't expecting super good quality from them,

they fill the roll, they are a decent scale match, fit on the pegs nicely,

and once I get cards that I like printed out, ... away we go!!!

The Micromachines models are crap, but they are cheap. And with a lot of painting, I think they start to look better.

The new Micromachines feel like they are made with the same molds and plastic//rubber as those extreamly sh*tty Starwars table top game that came before x-wing.

star-wars-ships2.jpg

you can even see just on this picture alone how BAD the plastic // rubber // whatever was at keeping its form or looking good.

Edited by Zeoinx

If anyone wants to imagine the color scheme I thought of, Imagine anything RED On the arc painted Chrome, anything WHITE is yellow. , enjoy your fantasy dream flight now.

Got bored, mocked up something.

I'm too lazy to do chrome worth a ****...

5meD1Cm.png

I started working on something similar (some here think it's real)

but got distracted, so I'll just make some improvements to yours. 

30736996201_3b25f6e6f5_b.jpg

30524104890_66604c704c_o.png

Edited by gabe69velasquez

The new Micromachines feel like they are made with the same molds and plastic//rubber as those extreamly sh*tty Starwars table top game that came before x-wing.

star-wars-ships2.jpg

you can even see just on this picture alone how BAD the plastic // rubber // whatever was at keeping its form or looking good.

Incredible!  I'm a particular fan of the TIE Fighters!

At least they did Maul's ship though.  But it's weird that they made Home One backwards.

Also, I'm not entirely sure the scale is quite right...

<snip>

Isn't the shade of yellow a little too light and too green too?  Should be more like (very, very roughly):

<snip>

Yeah, when I first did it, I thought it had turned out a bit too green. I went and referenced a few shots and it seems to be more between yellow and orange.

I started to make another pass with a more orange-yellow shade but said "f-it" at that point :P

<snip>

Isn't the shade of yellow a little too light and too green too?  Should be more like (very, very roughly):

<snip>

Yeah, when I first did it, I thought it had turned out a bit too green. I went and referenced a few shots and it seems to be more between yellow and orange.

I started to make another pass with a more orange-yellow shade but said "f-it" at that point :P

Yeah, I couldn't get it orange enough either without putting a lot more effort in, so I did the same!

Yeah, I couldn't get it orange enough either without putting a lot more effort in, so I did the same!

It took me just a couple of clicks to match the tint, dudes, easiest edit of the lot.30540650180_ea02331c8a_b.jpg

Edited by gabe69velasquez

star-wars-ships2.jpg

At least they did Maul's ship though.  But it's weird that they made Home One backwards.

I was going to respond to your comment as though you were serious,

then I realize you have to have been completely sarcastic.

1) The TIE is droopy, so you must be joking.

2) I own one of those Sith Infiltrators and I have yet to use it.

Home One was just place in the collection backwards not made backwards.

3) LOL. If you image the bigger ones are farther away, then the scale is pretty close.

It took me just a couple of clicks to match the tint, dudes, easiest edit of the lot.30540650180_ea02331c8a_b.jpg

Looks a bit too sandy browny now!

star-wars-ships2.jpg

3) LOL. If you image the bigger ones are farther away, then the scale is pretty close.

Yes, the only bit I was serious about was "at least they did Maul's ship".  I'm not the biggest fan myself (it's alright) but I know a lot of people like it.

What's with the different A-Wing designs?  Is there a story behind that - do we see different looking A-Wings in the film?  Is it like an original vs remastered thing?

*some* of those ships do actually look quite good, particularly the separatists ship in front of the droid control ship.

star-wars-ships2.jpg

Yes, the only bit I was serious about was "at least they did Maul's ship".  I'm not the biggest fan myself (it's alright) but I know a lot of people like it.

What's with the different A-Wing designs?  Is there a story behind that - do we see different looking A-Wings in the film?  Is it like an original vs remastered thing?

*some* of those ships do actually look quite good, particularly the separatists ship in front of the droid control ship.

R-22 Spearhead is the predecessor to the A-wing. I don't think they look that different there, just different angles.

I like the detail on that  Invisible Hand (Providence class Star Destroyer), I regret not snagging it when I had the chance.