Sign in to follow this  
JimbonX

FFG bring N1-Starfighter to X-Wing.

I think the dial you shown doesn't have enough green//white on it, The one thing that I always felt the N1 had over the the other ships in Starwars was pure mobility, It felt like a race car (POD RACER!! ehhh EHHHHH... no? ok..) then a military fighter, that said 4 straight should also be green. or at the very least, white. 4 Straight Red makes no sense.. This is a craft, that should be able to drift in and out of engagements almost at will, nipping at the enemy, not doing a lot of damage but defiantly nibbling away at it. The Tie Fighter shouldn't have much on this as far as mobility is concerned.

I think the dial you shown doesn't have enough green//white on it, The one thing that I always felt the N1 had over the the other ships in Starwars was pure mobility, It felt like a race car (POD RACER!! ehhh EHHHHH... no? ok..) then a military fighter, that said 4 straight should also be green. or at the very least, white. 4 Straight Red makes no sense.. This is a craft, that should be able to drift in and out of engagements almost at will, nipping at the enemy, not doing a lot of damage but defiantly nibbling away at it. The Tie Fighter shouldn't have much on this as far as mobility is concerned.

TIE Fighter.........................................................TIE Interceptor

TIE_Fighter_Move.png  TIE_Interceptor_Move.png

A-wing................................................................M3-A Scyk Interceptor

A-Wing_Move.png  Scyk-Movement.png

29959340263_cccd11ab00_n.jpg

Mobility is not Speed.

I agree that the N1 is a very mobile fighter, 

but I believe it isn't considered a fast fighter. 

M3-A Scyk fighter

Maximum Acceleration: ??

Maximum atmospheric speed:   950 km/h

Z-95 Headhunter

Maximum acceleration:  2,780 G,   16 MGLT/s

Maximum atmospheric speed:   1,150 km/h

N1 Interceptor

Maximum acceleration:     3,750 G

Maximum atmospheric speed:   1,100 km/h

TIE/LN starfighter

Maximum acceleration:   4,100 G,   20 MGLT/s

Maximum atmospheric speed:   1,200 km/h

TIE Interceptor

Maximum acceleration:   4,240 G,  21 MGLT/s

Maximum atmospheric speed:  1,250 km/h

A-wing

Maximum acceleration:   5,100 G,  21 MGLT/s

Maximum atmospheric speed:   1,300 km/h

Edited by gabe69velasquez

The lessons of aerodynamics elude me then, how is it, that a Tie Fighter has a higher max speed then the N1, I mean, sure, I guess I can understand the acceleration over the N1,Newer Engines but Max speed? Especially in atmosphere? I refuse to believe that one..... Ahh Egypt River, I shall live near you forever.

Also, considering the Z-95 has a white 4 straight, why does the N1 NOT have at least a white....  better acceleration and almost the same speed atmospheric speed..... COME ON NOW.... Also out performs the M3-A Scyk fighter according to your list, it TOO has a 4 straight.......

Edited by Zeoinx

The lessons of aerodynamics elude me then, how is it, that a Tie Fighter has a higher max speed then the N1, I mean, sure, I guess I can understand the acceleration over the N1,Newer Engines but Max speed? Especially in atmosphere? I refuse to believe that one..... Ahh Egypt River, I shall live near you forever.

Also, considering the Z-95 has a white 4 straight, why does the N1 NOT have at least a white....  better acceleration and almost the same speed atmospheric speed..... COME ON NOW.... Also out performs the M3-A Scyk fighter according to your list, it TOO has a 4 straight.......

Because one way or another, it must be made unusable because it is prequel material and an older ship.

At least that's what the internet tells us.

Tell that to the F-16 Hornet, which, if we are basing this on how x-wing is set up, which is DOG FIGHTING, can easily out pace the newer F-35. Oh no, its a "older" ship, it cant do anything as good....you guys are just part of the "marketing" problem this world has, Oh if its old we need to get rid of it for something new. Which makes you guys a minor hypocrite. Vote YES for the ship and oh look, X-wing has a NEW ship in the game.

It might be worth looking at the existing Legends accelerations for other Small PT and OT ships that haven't yet been mentioned, to see where the N1 ought to fall.

TIE Advanced x1: Max acceleration: 4150 G

TIE Bomber: Max acceleration: 2380 G

X-wing: Max acceleration: 3700 G

Y-wing: Max acceleration: 2700 G

B-wing: Max acceleration: 2390 G

ARC-170: Max acceleration: 2600 G

So - the N1 should be slightly faster than the X-wing, even if slower than the TIE Fighter.

Green Speed 3 Straight, White Speed 4 straight, no Speed 5 straight, and no Boost option, maybe?

TIE bomber has that, despite its much lower acceleration - so I think the N1 should be at least that good if not better.

(The game's dial representation of speed, looks to be a bit biased against Rebels though, when you compare B-Wing Y-Wing and ARC dials to the TIE Bomber's).

Presumably speeds in atmosphere aren't important, because the vast majority of starfighter battles take place in space.

Edited by Ironlord

Tell that to the F-16 Hornet, 

*blanches* The F-16 is the Air Force "Fighting Falcon" built by General Dynamics with a first flight date of 1974. The "Hornet" is the Navy F-18, built by Boeing with a first fly date of 1978. Trust me, you do not want to confuse the two in a room that has both Airmen and Naval Aviators.

Edited by Kyla

So - the N1 should be slightly faster than the X-wing, even if slower than the TIE Fighter.

Green Speed 3 Straight, White Speed 4 straight, no Speed 5 straight, and no Boost option, maybe?

Starfighter  -  Maximum acceleration

A-wing:                   5,100 G

TIE Interceptor       4,240 G

TIE Advanced x1:   4,150 G

TIE/LN starfighter   4,100 G

N1 Interceptor      3,750 G

X-wing:                   3,700 G

Z-95 Headhunter    2,780 G 

Y-wing:                   2,700 G

ARC-170:               2,600 G

B-wing:                   2,390 G

TIE Bomber:           2,380 G

M3-A Scyk fighter      ??

TIE/LN...............................................................X-wing

TIE_Fighter_Move.png  X-Wing_Move.png

29960167954_aecb85c941_z.jpg

A-wing...............................................................X-wing

A-Wing_Move.png   X-Wing_Move.png

http://www.swgemu.com/archive/scrapbookv51/data/20070204120240/

This list was interesting, but not sure it's reliable. 

It might be worth looking at the existing Legends accelerations for other Small PT and OT ships that haven't yet been mentioned, to see where the N1 ought to fall.

TIE bomber has that, despite its much lower acceleration - so I think the N1 should be at least that good if not better.

(The game's dial representation of speed, looks to be a bit biased against Rebels though, when you compare B-Wing Y-Wing and ARC dials to the TIE Bomber's).

Presumably speeds in atmosphere aren't important, because the vast majority of starfighter battles take place in space.

30517054871_eba6c98779_z.jpg

Probably doesn't deserve the Tallon Rolls and Segnor's Loop just for being tiny

but since it's supposed to be maneuverable I have trouble leaving them off.

30517054871_eba6c98779_z.jpg

Probably doesn't deserve the Tallon Rolls and Segnor's Loop just for being tiny

but since it's supposed to be maneuverable I have trouble leaving them off.

So glad you are not actually designing ships... you cant give it everything. 

Make it someone-what unique, remove the 2 hards, the 1 straight and the Talon rolls.

Hell, I could almost justify it getting a red straight 5, if you "Push the engines to the red zone" but yea, get rid of all those fancy moves, Doesn't need ALL of them. Id give it the talon roll over the Segnor's Loop

Where did the idea that it's nimble but slow come from? It doesn't look slow.

Also, the A-Wing is clearly too big, officially.

The A-wing has always been 9.6m in size. It's like an F-16... all engines.

OK then, the Y-Wing and X-Wing are too big.

Well if we base it on the games like Starwars Starfighter, and Rogue Squadron Titles they were actually QUITE nimble and FAST craft. They really jumped around a hell of a lot better then the x-wing, it was actually on par almost with the Tie Interceptor and A-Wing.

Well if we base it on the games like Starwars Starfighter, and Rogue Squadron Titles they were actually QUITE nimble and FAST craft. They really jumped around a hell of a lot better then the x-wing, it was actually on par almost with the Tie Interceptor and A-Wing.

Probably best represented by 3AGI than by the manouver dial, though.

I'm inclined to a Scyk dial with hard white 3s, myself. Could almost get away with a white 5 ahead, too. It's manouverable, sure, but not more so than the TIE Adv Prototype.

That probably comes with a cutback in the overall number of greens, though, possibly back to 4 in total, perhaps.

Tell that to the F-16 Hornet, 

*blanches* The F-16 is the Air Force "Fighting Falcon" built by General Dynamics with a first flight date of 1974. The "Hornet" is the Navy F-18, built by Boeing with a first fly date of 1978. Trust me, you do not want to confuse the two in a room that has both Airmen and Naval Aviators.

F/A-18. See also, Marine aviators. 

(Fun fact, the F/A-18 and F-16 both came out of a project to create a single light multirole fighter for the Air Force, Navy, and Marines. The YF-16 won. The YF-17, which was competing against the YF-16, had two engines though, and the Navy didn't want any aircraft that relied on a single-engine, like the F-16 and YF-16. So the Navy got Northrop to develop the YF-17 into the F/A-18. And the F/A-18 and YF-17 are direct descendants of the F-5.)

Yea the N-1 is definetly number one on my ships I want to see in this game list.

I've said it before, but it would have several unique traits to bring to the rebels, to those who think it would just overlap current ships.

1) It would be the cheapest torpedo carrier.

2) Would be one of the few (and cheapest) rebel ships to have a barrel roll (assuming they give it)

3) Good chance to finally have Leia as a pilot!

While the OT A-wings consistently look a little smaller than that - Droids series had somewhat larger A-wings (3PO, R2 and pilot all fitting into one cockpit) and Rebels also has A-wings with much roomier cockpits than in the OT.

Thus, outside of a "movies-only" universe, the bigger A-wing actually works.

As for the N1 - if we've got precedent for giving it better manueverability than the X-wing, it makes sense to try and represent that via a combination of dial, actions (Evade?) and stats (high base green dice Evade value).

Currently there's no ships in the game with a base Evade of 4 - what ship might deserve that?

While the OT A-wings consistently look a little smaller than that - Droids series had somewhat larger A-wings (3PO, R2 and pilot all fitting into one cockpit) and Rebels also has A-wings with much roomier cockpits than in the OT.

Thus, outside of a "movies-only" universe, the bigger A-wing actually works.

As for the N1 - if we've got precedent for giving it better manueverability than the X-wing, it makes sense to try and represent that via a combination of dial, actions (Evade?) and stats (high base green dice Evade value).

Currently there's no ships in the game with a base Evade of 4 - what ship might deserve that?

Either the ETA-2 or the N1.

If only because they're designed to cater to the boosted reflexes and reactions of Jedi, the Eta-2 and the Delta-7/Delta 7B would have the best justification.

Maybe something like, for the generics, PS5: Padawan, PS7 Jedi Master, and the rest Uniques.

If only because they're designed to cater to the boosted reflexes and reactions of Jedi, the Eta-2 and the Delta-7/Delta 7B would have the best justification.

Maybe something like, for the generics, PS5: Padawan, PS7 Jedi Master, and the rest Uniques.

That would only make sense if they introduce Clone Wars factions then, I don't think the Rebellion had enough Jedi around for them to be generics!