Sign in to follow this  
J Viz

Poe, Ello and Jake - who gets AT's?

Hi

I'm looking at running regen on Ello and Poe and PTL on Jake. All of then will have VI but this only leaves me with 4 points so someone misses out on AT's.

It makes sense for the A-wing to get AT's as the T-70's can use IA but which option to go for?

Ello misses out - ability is less defensive but a good arc dodger anyway so may get shot at less

Poe misses out - ability operates defensively anyway so potentially less vulnerable 

Both miss out - 2 point initiative bid could be useful with running 2 PS9 pilots.

Or do I go totally left field and switch out Ello for Luke who can't use AT's anyway, problem solved. Sort of

With regen on both, I'm assuming R2D2 on Ello and R5-P9 on Poe, correct?

I would put AT on Poe, as he will be the more frequent target and you can't always control when he regenerates.

The other option you have is use adaptability on both Poe and Ello, that frees up 2 points, but won't be as good against Aces.

In a list I'm currently running, with Poe, Ello and Biggs, I have AT on both, it might get used 1 or 2 times a game, so I was considering dropping it, but I couldn't think of something else for the points.

I've also flown this list, only once and it worked well. It's a 99 point 999 list with Poe, Ello and Jake. (kept at 99 and all 9s instead of a VI Poe so I can choose who moves, and possible initiative against Palp Aces)

T-70 X-Wing: •Poe Dameron (36)

Autothrusters (2)

Adaptability +1 (0)

•R5-P9 (3)

T-70 X-Wing: •Ello Asty (35)

Integrated Astromech (0)

Veteran Instincts (1)

•R2-D2 (4)

A-Wing: •Jake Farrell (28)

Autothrusters (2)

A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Push The Limit (3)

Veteran Instincts (1)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

Total: 99/100

Have just done a few practice games and counted how often each pilot uses AT's (there was no astromech on Ello and R2 on Poe to get within the points). I only counted where they had to use them to avoid damage and the results were:

10 - Poe

8 - Ello

2 - Jake

Gets me to thinking would actually be better to have the AT's on the 2 T-70's and just let Jake go without. I think the evade token and extra defence die, as well as the extra threat posed by Ello and Poe mean that Jake is gonna miss out. Sensible option but doesn't feel right