Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slowreflex

Close-Ups of Wave 9 from Yavin

153 posts in this topic

I didn't care for Shadow Caster on Rebels, but having a close-up of it here has made me fall in love with it. Very nice. Overall I'm pleased with the Wave 9 announcement. I'd have been happier without another basic TIE based model. Bravo FFG.

-Cal

dewbie420 and Jut like this

Those ships look amazing. Although, I have to admit, the Shadow Caster looks like something you would see in Star Trek. Reminds me of the Defiant from Deep Space Nine.

I'm definitely buying multiples of this wave. 2 of each small ship and one Shadow Caster. Maybe 3-4 ARC-170s, depends on how much I like flying them.

I really don't like the huge guns on the wingtips of the Arc-170. That's like how a 6 year old would draw a gun on an airplane.

I might take those off and put them under fuselage for better placement. They are just too badly placed to be realistic.

Any pics of the back of the TIE?

Hopefully someone takes one today as I'm curious as well..  I did ask about it and was told it "is actually a new sculpt. It has a rear turret and view port. Cogs where the wings join and TIE and more defined engines... ".

The ARC fighter guns are correct size. My son has the limited run 3.5 inch action figure vehicle...the guns are huge. The SW encyclopaedia also illustrates the guns as very long. Apparently they should be quad cannons!

Vigil and knavelead like this

The ARC-170 reminds me of the stuka ju87g-1 tankbuster. With the extra 's-foil' there aren't many other places to mount the cannons.

I also would like to see cards for variants of the ARC (and t-65 while we are at it). A one off pack of cards only, "aging warbirds". Let players mod their ships to match.

Edited by IronOx
ianmiddy likes this