Sign in to follow this  
ozmodon

Gunboat nevermore

If I never see a Gunboat on the table, it will be to soon. From what I have seen, this nonsense of a Gunboat is nothing more than a poorly conceived attempt to see if a few can sway the game designers. The reason for my belief is this... Totally random questions are being inserted with Gunboat bs... Someone asks about Auto-Thrusters and in no time at all there appears a comment.... Well if we had a Gunboat... Really.. I get it if someone has a passion for something, but keep it in its thread. A lot of newer players have legitimate questions and don't need to be confused with something that is totally off topic... You know like a Gunboat.

You shut your mouth and like the Assault Gunboat and TIE Avenger like the rest of us.

You've inspired me to start mentioning them when they're not relevant to the discussion, that's a great idea that I hadn't thought of.

So you'll be inserting more useless drivel than normal?

Sick and **** tired of hearing about this stupid ship.

You do realize, don't you, that the bigger the fuss you make about disliking the craft, the more some people will make sure to mention it just to spite you?  Not that I approve of such behavior, of course, but I've been on enough forums to recognize where this leads.

S1n doesn't think there has ever been a good Star Wars video game, including TIE Fighter.  I can't say whether he's a troll or just a broken man, but keep that in mind when discussing things with him.

TIE Fighter is a worthless old game, its legacy deserving to be forgotten, it's storyline and starships be wiped out of Star Wars lore.

Why should this miniature game pay any homage to it at all? Much better to embrace the glorious new stuff Disney churns out in their cartoons, remakes and mobile apps.

• "Best Game of the Year", Strategy Plus
  • Listed in Computer Gaming World's "Hall of Fame".
  • Listed in GameSpot's "Greatest Games of all time", 2004.
  • Listed in IGN's "Hall of Fame", 2007.
  • First place in PC Gamer's "Top 50 Greatest Games of All Time", 1997.
  • Third and second places in IGN's "Top 25 games of all time", 2007 and 2009.
  • "Best Star Wars game ever made", IGN, 2010

I mean when you are poo pooing the official products which are THE BEST STAR WARS MODELS AND GAMES ON EARTH... and why: because you want some old ship that is not even in the recognized official cannon... dat is just to much.

DAMS... :mellow:

I guess you haven't seen the Bandai models yet.

The 1/144 series were pretty amazing.

TIE Fighter is a worthless old game, its legacy deserving to be forgotten, it's storyline and starships be wiped out of Star Wars lore.

Why should this miniature game pay any homage to it at all? Much better to embrace the glorious new stuff Disney churns out in their cartoons, remakes and mobile apps.

Wow, I didn't know it is so famous and liked.

I liked it too and with GOG release I even play it once-twice per month, but the list is much more impressive than I thought possible.

Still, the storyline is better than in the majority of SW movies, hmm in some cases acting was better too.

Wow, I didn't know it is so famous and liked.

I liked it too and with GOG release I even play it once-twice per month, but the list is much more impressive than I thought possible.

Still, the storyline is better than in the majority of SW movies, hmm in some cases acting was better too.

The cutscenes weren't bad for the time, though the close-ups of characters usually showed them as hideous, disfigured semblances of sentient beings, who could only switch between a couple of poses and whose words came close, but didn't quite sync up with their lips.

...so, yeah.  FAR more believable and lifelike than, say, any of the actors who played Anakin Skywalker in the prequels.

Well, lookee what we got ourselves here.

I would have got here sooner, but while SOME OF YOU HATERS have spent what looks like the best part of last weekend telling people they weren't allowed to experess an opinion on a public internet forum, I was busy playing X-Wing and having a good time howyoudin'.

But I'm back now, so I'm going to call out a couple of the VOCAL MINORITY HATERS on here for some really, really, really dumb comments.

If I never see a Gunboat on the table, it will be to soon. From what I have seen, this nonsense of a Gunboat is nothing more than a poorly conceived attempt to see if a few can sway the game designers. The reason for my belief is this... Totally random questions are being inserted with Gunboat bs... Someone asks about Auto-Thrusters and in no time at all there appears a comment.... Well if we had a Gunboat... Really.. I get it if someone has a passion for something, but keep it in its thread. A lot of newer players have legitimate questions and don't need to be confused with something that is totally off topic... You know like a Gunboat.

What the hell is this?  Some kind of absurdist Xzibit meme?  You hate Gunboat posts, so you created a Gunboat hate topic so you can post about how you hate Gunboats in a Gunboat topic?  Logic DOES NOT exist in THIS dojo, am I right?  Jeez Louise  howyoudoin'.

This topic, so much. Seriously, Gunboats seem to make up every other post, even when not relevant. It's frigging ridiculous, get over yourselves...

OK, The Penguin UK, flappin' his HATER flippers again you know how he got that handle, right?  Because when it comes to the X-Wing Miniatures Game, he can't fly.  howyoudoin'.

Sick and **** tired of hearing about this stupid ship...

As for s1n - HATIN' on the X-Wing PC Games?  Saying TIE Fighter was a bad game?  Really?  Either you got your tongue firmly planted in your cheek or you've just given the entire forum carte blanche to ignore every single comment you make.  howyoudoin'.

I mean when you are poo pooing the official products which are THE BEST STAR WARS MODELS AND GAMES ON EARTH... and why: because you want some old ship that is not even in the recognized official cannon... dat is just to much.

Now here's one I didn't really expect... everyone's favorite good post / bad post emoji spammer Joe B R Seven.  Or maybe we should be sayin' Joe B R Hypocrite, considering how this is the guy responsible for such forum wonders as the Imperial huge Ships thread, the Scum & Villany Huge Ship thread, the more recent Kylo Ren's Pickup Truck, and YOU GET THE IDEA.

This makes me sad Joe, seeing you stoop this low.  Do as I say and not as I do, huh?

I guess you forgot all the times your GUNBOAT BRAHS backed you up on the Imperial Huge Ship topic, when people were telling you it ain't ever gonna happen, that all the Imperial ships were too big or out of scale, that Epic format was dead and FFG weren't going to support it no more.  I'm sheddin' a tear from my eye here.  You gone done join the Dark Side, son.  And as for that "quoted comment"?  That ain't even happened.  You're making this stuff up.

But to get serious here for a minute, seems to me like ALL THESE HATERS are bringing this all on themselves.  After all, it really ain't all that hard to ignore a subject (or a poster) that you don't like.

In fact, I'm gonna do it right now.

Edited by FTS Gecko

I wonder sometimes about FTS Gecko. I've boiled it down to two scenarios:

1. He is creating and operating puppet accounts to build up his gunboat thread.

2. He sits on these forums and searches 'gunboat' constantly to find any mention of it.

In any case his antics are pretty amusing.

I wonder sometimes about FTS Gecko. I've boiled it down to two scenarios:

1. He is creating and operating puppet accounts to build up his gunboat thread.

2. He sits on these forums and searches 'gunboat' constantly to find any mention of it.

In any case his antics are pretty amusing.

Why doesn't he have a Gunboat as his profile pic, then? I wonder whyyyy...

(Yes I loved the Gunboat and was like "seriously? extra solar panels?" when the TIE Defender showed up in TIE Fighter. No I do not care if it makes it into the game or not.)

Why should this miniature game pay any homage to it at all?

You should go ahead and look up where Marek Steele and the TIE Defender come from...pretty sure some homage has been paid to TIE Fighter.

That said, I don't like the gunboat.  I didn't like it back when I played the flight sims, and I still don't like it to this day.  A Mary Sue that breaks the Imperial flavor and aesthetic with something bland that looks like it belongs in Battle Star Galactica or Buck Rogers or the SyFy channel saturday night tv-movie.

I wonder sometimes about FTS Gecko...

Ah bless.  I wonder about you too.  Mostly I wonder why so many of your 395 forum posts have been directed at me, and why you follow me around the board like a lost little puppy.  It's pretty sad, kiddo.  Sad, but funny.

One day you will get your Gunboat. But it is not this day.

Well, lookee what we got ourselves here.

I would have got here sooner, but while SOME OF YOU HATERS have spent what looks like the best part of last weekend telling people they weren't allowed to experess an opinion on a public internet forum, I was busy playing X-Wing and having a good time howyoudin'.

But I'm back now, so I'm going to call out a couple of the VOCAL MINORITY HATERS on here for some really, really, really dumb comments.

What the hell is this?  Some kind of absurdist Xzibit meme?  You hate Gunboat posts, so you created a Gunboat hate topic so you can post about how you hate Gunboats in a Gunboat topic?  Logic DOES NOT exist in THIS dojo, am I right?  Jeez Louise  howyoudoin'.

This topic, so much. Seriously, Gunboats seem to make up every other post, even when not relevant. It's frigging ridiculous, get over yourselves...

OK, The Penguin UK, flappin' his HATER flippers again you know how he got that handle, right?  Because when it comes to the X-Wing Miniatures Game, he can't fly.  howyoudoin'.

As for s1n - HATIN' on the X-Wing PC Games?  Saying TIE Fighter was a bad game?  Really?  Either you got your tongue firmly planted in your cheek or you've just given the entire forum carte blanche to ignore every single comment you make.  howyoudoin'.

Now here's one I didn't really expect... everyone's favorite good post / bad post emoji spammer Joe B R Seven.  Or maybe we should be sayin' Joe B R Hypocrite, considering how this is the guy responsible for such forum wonders as the Imperial huge Ships thread, the Scum & Villany Huge Ship thread, the more recent Kylo Ren's Pickup Truck, and YOU GET THE IDEA.

This makes me sad Joe, seeing you stoop this low.  Do as I say and not as I do, huh?

I guess you forgot all the times your GUNBOAT BRAHS backed you up on the Imperial Huge Ship topic, when people were telling you it ain't ever gonna happen, that all the Imperial ships were too big or out of scale, that Epic format was dead and FFG weren't going to support it no more.  I'm sheddin' a tear from my eye here.  You gone done join the Dark Side, son.  And as for that "quoted comment"?  That ain't even happened.  You're making this stuff up.

But to get serious here for a minute, seems to me like ALL THESE HATERS are bringing this all on themselves.  After all, it really ain't all that hard to ignore a subject (or a poster) that you don't like.

In fact, I'm gonna do it right now.

Ah bless.  I wonder about you too.  Mostly I wonder why so many of your 395 forum posts have been directed at me, and why you follow me around the board like a lost little puppy.  It's pretty sad, kiddo.  Sad, but funny.

There's a very fine line between expressing " I want the gunboat" in relevant threads and just posting: "gunboat?" in the rebels discussion thread, or the "let's discuss the Fang fighter" thread, or even the "TIE defender won't change the meta" thread. Which I keep seeing, over and over. And people are sick of it. We get it, you vape. Even raised up in the YT-2000 thread for some odd reason. I'm pretty everyone in the thread wouldn't mind the gunboat anymore or less than the K-wing or ARC-170 or HWK, but the spam is very annoying.

One day you will get your Gunboat. But it is not this day.

not even this year, wave 10 won't be until Q1 2017....

I laughed a bit too loud at that and my boss came over to investigate. You hit some good hallmarks of internet arguing there, bravo. First you try and belittle me by mentioning my piddly post count then you establish kid dominance. I basically have no recourse now. Assuming I followed you around (A quick glance at my last posts tends to suggest otherwise but where do facts fit in?) it'd primarily be because the drama that you embroil yourself in but there's enough of that around I don't really need to pick and choose. I poke, you react.

I am a huge fan of the Xwing series and the gunboat filled the roll of a bomber that wasnt as squishy as the Tie Bomber.

As much as I like the ship, when I look at it as if I were a designer of this game, I can see why they are not in much of a hurry to release it.

1. While it would have a unique niche in the game (unlike the Tie Avenger), that is a cheap cannon platform, it is a boring ship. If you look at all of the new ships released recently, they all have something unique or interesting about them (aux arcs, efficient titles, new actions, etc). While they could in theory make a title that spices it up a bit, it is still a very straight forward ship.

2. Each faction has themes when it comes to gameplay elements, and while there are of course exceptions (The awing sticks out for example), the gunboat has a playstyle that is closer to the rebel theme instead of the imperial theme. It doesnt mean they cant release it, but could be a factor as to why they haven't - they simply may not want the imperials to have a cheap slow(ish) moving jouster. There are also potential balance issues with a cheap cannon platform (especially with Jonus in the mix).

3. With Rebels and new movies coming out, there is simply more incentive to release ship from those sources rather than old-EU ships in general.

Edited by Deadwolf

I laughed a bit too loud at that and my boss came over to investigate. You hit some good hallmarks of internet arguing there, bravo. First you try and belittle me by mentioning my piddly post count then you establish kid dominance. I basically have no recourse now. Assuming I followed you around (A quick glance at my last posts tends to suggest otherwise but where do facts fit in?) it'd primarily be because the drama that you embroil yourself in but there's enough of that around I don't really need to pick and choose. I poke, you react.

Only really one response to this.

FTrPDon.png

Hey guys, let's all knock it off with the personal attacks. We want to keep this forum healthy and full of discussion. There's no place for name-calling and putting others down. We can disagree and be nice about it.

Please don't make me go back and make a good post one...

I am a huge fan of the Xwing series and the gunboat filled the roll of a bomber that wasnt as squishy as the Tie Bomber.

As much as I like the ship, when I look at it as if I were a designer of this game, I can see why they are not in much of a hurry to release it.

1. While it would have a unique niche in the game (unlike the Tie Avenger), that is a cheap cannon platform, it is a boring ship. If you look at all of the new ships released recently, they all have something unique or interesting about them (aux arcs, efficient titles, new actions, etc). While they could in theory make a title that spices it up a bit, it is still a very straight forward ship.

2. Each faction has themes when it comes to gameplay elements, and while there are of course exceptions (The awing sticks out for example), the gunboat has a playstyle that is closer to the rebel theme instead of the imperial theme. It doesnt mean they cant release it, but could be a factor as to why they haven't - they simply may not want the imperials to have a cheap slow(ish) moving jouster. There are also potential balance issues with a cheap cannon platform (especially with Jonus in the mix).

3. With Rebels and new movies coming out, there is simply more incentive to release ship from those sources rather than old-EU ships in general.

I largely agree to this, and while i am totally indifferent to a possible Gunboat release, i have to add to this that i don't see a real niche anymore since the Punisher already fills the role of a tougher Tie Bomber.

I don't believe in its release however because if we look at small-based Imp ships there are only TIEs. And since the Gunboat is not a TIE i doubt we will ever see it!

I largely agree to this, and while i am totally indifferent to a possible Gunboat release, i have to add to this that i don't see a real niche anymore since the Punisher already fills the role of a tougher Tie Bomber.

I don't believe in its release however because if we look at small-based Imp ships there are only TIEs. And since the Gunboat is not a TIE i doubt we will ever see it!

If the Gunboat were to be released, I think its gameplay niche would be more related to the cannon slot rather than the missile/torpedo slots. The imps definitely dont need more "bombers".

If the Gunboat were to be released, I think its gameplay niche would be more related to the cannon slot rather than the missile/torpedo slots. The imps definitely dont need more "bombers".

I actually think it's niche would be in cheap hitpoints, like the rebel Bwing or the larger Imperial shuttle

So, you're saying I'm not allowed to think something is crap and voice it on the internet? Isn't that like 50% of the internet? I can't stand the games much for the same reason I can't stand almost every licensed game: forced mechanics, subpar graphics, lack of originality, and mediocre story telling.

1e48392d8df59bcfbc11f7decbcac7a115583915

I'm not a fan either but I grudgingly admit that FFG have taken several aesthetically uninspiring ships ( cough! K-wing! ) and polished those t*rds to make them shine.

I don't doubt that the gunboat would receive the same treatment.