Sign in to follow this  
Estarriol

Are the ships getting too obscure?

I'm looking at some of the ships that come out, and if I didn't play x-wing I wouldn't know they were from star wars.

I guess this is part of my problem with wave IX - it's so disconnected for me. Sure, the alternative is millions of new pilots for existing platforms, but the ships themselves are part of what makes this game iconic.

I'm going to go and dig out my t-65s.

And I want a gunboat.

No pee paw you are old now and no longer a part of the NEW Hotness Crew... you are prolly trapped in the 80 & 90's.

:lol:  :P  ;)

theres more than just the trilogy to the starwars universe.

afaik there isnt a single ship in this game that doesnt exist in the movies or series.

Oh but there is...the raider.

It was designed from scratch just specifically for this game.

And it's GLORIOUS.

If only there was more ' in house' design going on.

The raider is so effing good. It feels star wars.

Ghost....jump master...this...shadow slapper thing....ties with more or less wing panels...gun boats...

Sure..they are star wars. They just don't FEEL star wars.

The people mAking star wars stuff these days aren't as good as whoever did the raider.

And I blame palob godahli for approving all this junk over the years. ;p

Edited by Velvetelvis

Ummm...how can the first wave since, what, wave *3*, that is all drawn ENTIRELY from ships seen on-screen being seen as "obscure"?? I mean, every ship in wave 9 was seen in a Star Wars movie or TV show - nothing here is 'expanded universe' at all, for once.

To be fair, a children's cartoon on the Disney Channel is really hardly any more "on screen" than stuff from comic books or video games. It's just as EU as anything from the EU ever was.

Unless you take "Onscreen" to mean "On a screen" in which case the Cartoon wins.

Computers have screens too. Unless you've got one of the sweet braille versions of this site.

Wave 7 obscure?

The Scum ships are from Rebels and the other half of the ships are movie ships.

We have to face it my Blue Brother... some people do not need to play this game. If you did not know at least half of what was in GLORIOUS Wave Seven...

I have to ask; why are you even here?

:huh:

Ummm...how can the first wave since, what, wave *3*, that is all drawn ENTIRELY from ships seen on-screen being seen as "obscure"?? I mean, every ship in wave 9 was seen in a Star Wars movie or TV show - nothing here is 'expanded universe' at all, for once.

To be fair, a children's cartoon on the Disney Channel is really hardly any more "on screen" than stuff from comic books or video games. It's just as EU as anything from the EU ever was.
Unless you take "Onscreen" to mean "On a screen" in which case the Cartoon wins.
Computers have screens too. Unless you've got one of the sweet braille versions of this site.

Wait.

You're taking computer screen time into account?

Like, if you magically had a device to record how long someone looks at an image of a ship? That's what you're counting as screen time?

Wow

Well in that case, the Gunboat had the most screen time. I'm pretty sure some forum members here fall asleep to images of the Gunboat on thier laptops.

Wait.

Like, if you magically had a device to record how long someone looks at an image of a ship? That's what you're counting as screen time?

Wow

Well in that case, the Gunboat had the most screen time. I'm pretty sure some forum members here fall asleep to images of the Gunboat on thier laptops.

"Falling asleep" to Gunboat pictures on their laptops. Sure.

I'm looking at some of the ships that come out, and if I didn't play x-wing I wouldn't know they were from star wars.

I guess this is part of my problem with wave IX - it's so disconnected for me. Sure, the alternative is millions of new pilots for existing platforms, but the ships themselves are part of what makes this game iconic.

I'm going to go and dig out my t-65s.

And I want a gunboat.

That is right, they need to start pulling less obscure ships, like the N-1 Starfighter #nevergunboats ;-p

Wait.

Wow

They also run cults and wear self indulgent t-shirts to official events in a sad-nerdy attempt to show just how much cooler they are than the fine people who actually make the game.

:ph34r:

Wait.

Wow

TEAR DAT ASS UP VORPS!!!

(I love it when he gets mean... I do, I do , I do!)

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Wait.

Wow

TEAR DAT ASS UP VORPS!!!

Nah, I'm not being mean--tongue planted quite firmly in cheek. Everyone gets to have an irrational obsession or two. Especially when they know it's an obsession, and I think most of the hardcore Gunboat folks do.

Wait.

Wow

TEAR DAT ASS UP VORPS!!!

Nah, I'm not being mean--tongue planted quite firmly in cheek. Everyone gets to have an irrational obsession or two. Especially when they know it's an obsession, and I think most of the hardcore Gunboat folks do.

I just ran my stupid mouth off in dat anti-gunboat topic. I like most of the guys in the cult too, but I am getting tired of seeing gunboat stuff in many topics that have been posted over and over. Stay in your own wacky topic gang, we don't need to keep hearing about how you want some old out of cannon ship.

Me sorry.

:lol:

I just ran my stupid mouth off in dat anti-gunboat topic. I like most of the guys in the cult too, but I am getting tired of seeing gunboat stuff in many topics that have been posted over and over. Stay in your own wacky topic gang, we don't need to keep hearing about how you want some old out of cannon ship.

Me sorry.

I just don't understand it. I have my list of ships I want, but I'm not going to be upset if I don't get them. And certainly not going to trash the new stuff that gets made that isn't what I wanted. 

But again, FFG modelers have me deep in their grip. 

Me sorry.

I just don't understand it. I have my list of ships I want, but I'm not going to be upset if I don't get them. And certainly not going to trash the new stuff that gets made that isn't what I wanted. 

But again, FFG modelers have me deep in their grip. 

I got to admit that it takes a lot to get me rilled up. But when anyone starts bad-fingering FFG for the actual ship models... dat burns me sometimes.

GRRrrr...OWL!

:angry: