Sign in to follow this  
barriecritzer

easy way to kill palp aces

Everyone is always talking about how hard it is to beat palp aces but there is a 3pt imperial crew card that wrecks palp aces. Vader crew on decimator of your choice (but why you would run one other than the rear admirial is beyond me) will eat palp aces for lunch every time.

Edited by barriecritzer

problem is not Palp Aces. The problem is that a new predator has come along to kill the stresshog dead, and that allows palp Aces to thrive.  I played suicide chirpy whisper in  a tournament the other day and was very surprised at just how effective it is.  The problem you will run into is that does not match well against dedicated regen lists, or for that mater against U-boats.  But Palp Aces, when flown well can kill suicide chirpy. So he is not a hard counter to the aces.

How good is sabine at the super competitive matchup vs soontir vader palp? 

depends on how good you are, really. Getting them to land on higher PS aces isn't super hard, and if they don't land you're using them to keep aces off your ass for a turn or possibly more, depending on how much positioning screws them over

the only ship you'll basically never never land a bomb on is Dash, because he has no reason whatsoever to chase you

now against Omega L, Inq; Wampa it's just cheesy. You get miranda with a 1 point bid, load her up with sabine and a pair of seismics, and you get a surprisingly relaxed match-up

Edited by ficklegreendice

Everyone is always talking about how hard it is to beat palp aces but there is a 3pt imperial crew card that wrecks palp aces. Vader crew on decimator of your choice (but why you would run one other than the rear admirial is beyond me) will eat palp aces for lunch every time.

No ****, we all realize this. The problem is how restrictive it is to build a squad with Palp Ace hard counters into it while also having a well rounded list.

stressoicunn+doom deci = wrecked aces

How good is sabine at the super competitive matchup vs soontir vader palp? 

Have a buddy that runs Miranda and Ren.  Ren has sabine with a thermal detonator while Miranda has extra munitions and thermals.  Given that Ren is PS10 with VI and a healthy ini bid gives miranda the option to move last, He bombs quite a few of those PS8 aces who are very predictable (inq, OL, carnor, etc).

The problem isn't fighting just Palp Aces, it's fighting Palp Aces + U-boats with one list. Your Vader Deci will melt against a full-force hit by the U-boats. Its not like a Decimator is slippery, after all, and the U-boats will rip him right to shreds and then go after whatever his backup is. Whisper can have a hard time against three U-boats, even if they are only using their 2 dice PWT. After awhile, the green dice will fail her and damage will stack up. You have to find a balance, and that is really hard against the two dominant lists in the competitive scene right now.

You'll notice that most of the complaint threads right now focus on U-boats rather than Palp Aces; that is because most of us know that there are counters to Palp Aces. The main problem is that the main counters to Palp Aces, auto-hits and stress, don't work against the U-boats. The balance is out of synch right now for a middle-ground style list.

Edited by Ikka

Suggesting decimator with vader to combat palp aces isn't very comforting for players of the other two factions in the game...

My friend likes to play palp aces squads and I've never come close to beating them. It's getting to the point that I've just been moving on to other games.

What's this "U-Boats" squadron everyone is talking about?

Suggesting decimator with vader to combat palp aces isn't very comforting for players of the other two factions in the game...

My friend likes to play palp aces squads and I've never come close to beating them. It's getting to the point that I've just been moving on to other games.

Three Jumpmasters set up with Extra Munitions, Deadeye, Proton/Plasma Torps, and Overclocked R4s. Sometimes with Boba/other crew members.

Other factional counter Palp Aces too. The problem (which gunner Vader Deci also shares) is these counters melt to triple U-boats.

Vice-versa, most triple U-boat counters melt to Palp Aces, with the notable exception of Crack swarm