Sign in to follow this  
Knucklesamwich

Tie/SF just took a big dump on the T-65

The more I look over the Tie/SF the more they make T-65's look bad. For what looks to be a similar point value you get 3/2/3/3 with title, a systems slot(very desirable), tech slot and a rear arc! If the dial is even remotely better then the Tie Bomber then T-65's should probably be taken out to the back 40 and dealt with once and for all. It's sad, I know but sometimes it has to be done.

title sucks

should be

"Tie/sf just joined the long line of ships that dumped on the T-65"

seriously, the Tie Fighter was doing it literally years ago when the game first came out!

a sub-par ship like that is not something we should be designing around if we ever want to introduce viable new options

Edited by ficklegreendice

title sucks

should be

seriously, the Tie Fighter was doing it literally years ago when the game first came out!

a sub-par ship like that is not something we should be designing around if we ever want to introduce viable new options

It was good until the B-wing really.

title sucks

should be

it was the only ship there until the B-wing*

ICT Ys and pre-refit A-wings do not jousters make

Sorry, which TIE Fighter are we talking about? There are now three variants in game

why, back in my day we only had the grey and black one and we liked em!

No matter how good or bad the B-Wing is, the X-Wing suffers in comparison to the TIE Fighter.

For the first 2 waves, we kind of thought the X-Wings were better than we now know them to be, because everything the Imperials had other than the TIE was as bad or worse than the X-Wing, and the most efficient Imperial list was very mentally taxing.

eh...still can't take thrusters on the T-65 so idk how much errating the cost would've changed things

I'd rather take the crackshot adaptability greenie over a t-65, even if it costed what it was supposed to at the health it was supposed to have (6) :P

hopefully the SF generic is 21/22. Aux arc or no, 6 health 2 agi on 3 reds is good jousting value at 21. Any higher and it's going to need a Tie/FO dial to justify its existence

that said, I'd be super down for a Tie/FO dial

In a podcast I heard one of the developers admit that the TIE Fighter was too good to begin with, and that ever since then they've been trying to balance the game to offset the value of the TIE Fighter.  So basically, they admit that the T-65 came out inferior from the get-go.

Tie/SF is 2/2/3/3 and not 3/2/3/3 so it isn't quite as good as you may think and it doesn't have evade.

You might wanna read the title card.

I read it.  You get the extra die if you don't want to do a second attack out the back which was the whole point of this ship.

I'd rather take a defender and even they suck right now even with an additional defence die.  One of the fixes for the defender was to add a free evade.

This wave is very underwhelming to say the least.

Edited by Ynot

Tie/SF is 2/2/3/3 and not 3/2/3/3 so it isn't quite as good as you may think and it doesn't have evade.

You might wanna read the title card.

I read it.  You get the extra die if you don't want to do a second attack out the back which was the whole point of this ship.

I'd rather take a defender and even they suck right now even with an additional defence die.  One of the fixes for the defender was to add a free evade.

This wave is very underwhelming to say the least.

I thought the point was that it had the option to shoot better out the front or fire twice (once out the rear arc)?  I like options much better.  

Also, why does it have to have an Evade action to be worth while?

The Xwing MIGHT be fine by Christmas. Then again, it probably won't be.

I imagine the Tie/SF is going to have a pretty nice dial for its stats/slots. It will be more salt for the T65's tears.

I have a hard time imagining the Tie/sf with anything but a great dial

Poe sang its praises in the movie; the less elite Tie/FO has a bonkers dial

but kinda funny to see special forces lumbering after the grunts :P