Sign in to follow this  
Velvetelvis

Imperial veterans....remember that one rumor about a veterans exp. That never happened?

So do I.

I have vague memories about some talk of an imperial veterans set.

I could have sworn it was going to be a real expansion.

Oh well...New wave coming. Looks interesting.

Still....can't shake this feeling there was supposed to be some sort of bomber and defender thing...

That never happened....

Weird.

I vaguely recall an Imperial Veterans announcement that stated that it would be in retailers by Q1 of 2016. As we wrap up Q2 and it's been on the boat for more than 9 weeks, can we at least admit that FFG is terrible at these prediction statements? In other words, don't think for a second that Wave 9 will come anywhere near Q3 and Lord only knows about Heroes of the Resistance.

Edited by R2ShihTzu

Yeah but....gunboats were a super obscure and theoretical possibility. Like....nobody REALLY is that interested in them. It's more like a forum inside joke we play.

Some people like them...Some people don't. And it's fun to rib each other about it. But they aren't ...REALLY a thing.

There was however...pictures of veterans,and cards for it...I even saw a poster advertising it at a store...months ago.

But it never was released. They just...forgot about it and went ahead to a full wave of oddball junk ships instead.

But...I suppose....big man game company can do what they want.

Edited by Velvetelvis

Probably waiting for a possible simultaneous release date. 

With the major disrupting strikes in France, and the German distributor having been hit by flooding as they are preparing for the Open Systems event, and who knows how the availability in the rest of the world is, there are reasons for a delay.

I wonder if Germany only has one giant warehouse for all their stuff and it's accidentally under water...

Or if it's all the warehouses are in one spot under a lake...

Or did lots of regular warehouses all over the country just happened to have crappy shingles during a rainy day.

I vaguely recall an Imperial Veterans announcement that stated that it would be in retailers by Q1 of 2016. As we wrap up Q2 and it's been on the boat for more than 9 weeks, can we at least admit that FFG is terrible at these prediction statements? In other words, don't think for a second that Wave 9 will come anywhere near Q3 and Lord only knows about Heroes of the Resistance.

Agreed.  It is more likely that I, at age 75, will win Nationals, than Wave 9 will come in Q3 of 2016.

Perhaps 2017.

But that is a long shot as well.  :P

Edited by any2cards

Keeping them in a warehouse and saying ..."don't you dare sell those yet" is not a delay.

It's horse sh¡™

also known as "their business model", and it does seem to be working out for them, even if you don't approve.

Edited by Bojanglez

Keeping them in a warehouse and saying ..."don't you dare sell those yet" is not a delay.

It's horse sh¡™

also known as "their business model", and it does seem to be working out for them, even if you don't approve.

I guess...if not having things Be purchased is a business model.

I'm thinking of trying this with my own customers for my business.

" look, I'm ready to do this for you....but...er....I'm going to hold off for a few weeks. Not really interested in providing a product or service just yet. I mean....I just don't want to get any income coming at me yet."

"But! What I can do....is let you know that in the distant future there will be other things available .....that I may or may not want to receive payment for when it's ready."

I'm sorry...haha haha! I'm not even really mad or anything...it's just really funny how this game works.

I mean...if this was the genius way for companies to do things....wouldn't everybody be doing it?

"Hi! Welcome to burger king.....can I take your order please. Well...not THAT burger....look buddy...just pull around the building and wait for the burger king in Brazil to get their oven cleaned.THEN we will bring you your order."

Edited by Velvetelvis

FFG 1: Imperial Veterans is getting delayed

FFG 2: The forums are going mad with anticipation and frustration!

FFG 1: Quick! Reveal wave IX!!!

More like:

FFG 3: Sh*t, someone at UK game expo leaked the draft full pics at our forums, which are exploding. Quick! rush out the only half written preview.

There was however...pictures of veterans,and cards for it...I even saw a poster advertising it at a store...months ago. But it never was released. They just...forgot about it and went ahead to a full wave of oddball junk ships instead.

It's a crazed and twisted world in which we live; or maybe that was just a dream everyone had, or a momentary step into a parallel universe?

Yea...this kind of stuff makes me appreciate how games workshop does things, put it up for pre order out of nowhere when its ready and then release it the following weekend. With X Wing they reveal stuff way way too far ahead of time IMO, after several months of waiting it becomes easy to get distracted with other stuff.

I do plan on getting two SF Ties but thats pretty far off, I don't see much point in even pre ordering them until august at the earliest.

It's horse sh¡™

I guess...if not having things Be purchased is a business model.

I'm thinking of trying this with my own customers for my business.

" look, I'm ready to do this for you....but...er....I'm going to hold off for a few weeks. Not really interested in providing a product or service just yet. I mean....I just don't want to get any income coming at me yet."

"But! What I can do....is let you know that in the distant future there will be other things available .....that I may or may not want to receive payment for when it's ready."

I'm sorry...haha haha! I'm not even really mad or anything...it's just really funny how this game works.

I mean...if this was the genius way for companies to do things....wouldn't everybody be doing it?

"Hi! Welcome to burger king.....can I take your order please. Well...not THAT burger....look buddy...just pull around the building and wait for the burger king in Brazil to get their oven cleaned.THEN we will bring you your order."

Yup, being privvy to the inner workings of FFG's business model certainly gives you that insight.  

To be clear, they are not "not letting us buy them", they are "releasing them on their schedule".  What their reasons are for that schedule, I have NO idea but having worked at companies where products are the core of the business (Cisco being one example of such a company, a Pharma start-up being another) I am very well aware that things don't get released because the public presumes that they have guessed the date or because the customers want in then and there.

To use your analogy, it's more like going into Burger King the day before an offer or promotion is due to begin and saying "I know you have Lobster Whoppers available tomorrow, but I want one TODAY - why won't you sell me one?"

I don't mean to be antagonistic but FFG are a business who make decisions - right or wrong - based on their business model and some of the comments recently (not directing this at you) just show a complete fan-boy attitude and/or a complete lack of understanding of how companies work.

WELL US Nationals is in exactly two weeks. If I were a gaming company, and there was a massive event like that coming up, I would probably release the box at the event. 

But what do I know....

Edit: Wait, did someone just say they like how GW do their releases? 

Edited by Timathius

Yeah, I saw that too. :blink:   Oh, the naiveté of the new and inexperienced. :rolleyes:   Granted, that is a presumption - but how inaccurate can it be based on the statements made?

Yeah, I saw that too. :blink:   Oh, the naiveté of the new and inexperienced. :rolleyes:   Granted, that is a presumption - but how inaccurate can it be based on the statements made?

Well, to be fair - they also clarified their statement in a multitude of ways.

They were not referring to GW's history, but specifically, the "Right Now" of:  "Something is Announced, and then Released the Next Week."

Which, is true and correct.  GW has been doing that, with only a few notable exceptions due to production, transit or shipping issues - which they've been open about - for over a year now...

It of course says nothing of issues in the past.