Sign in to follow this  
clanofwolves

Is FFG nerfing again?!?

Right....I agree with VanorDM.  They are a bit reactionary to the meta to some degree.  They want to shape the game play if they feel it's gone a certain way.  So....they introduced Auto Thrusters to bring back arc dodgers when Primary Weapon Turrets became too powerful.  That wasn't a "nerf" to turrets, but a boost to arc dodgers.

The few nerfs that have happened have all been in FAQ's.  That's where they take an existing rule and change it.  That's the nerf.

I like this wave as it looks like it's trying to steer the game back to jousting ships at each other and getting extra arcs so that Arc Dodgers aren't as powerful as they are now.  I'd be happy to see tournaments that aren't 66% Imp/Palp Aces of one kind or another.  

Also it it just me, or does it seem like some people go looking for an excuse to criticize what FFG does?

I can get it if someone is really into their hobby and some change comes along.   They see something as a change in a way they don't like.  If you spend hundreds of dollars and lots of hours into something, and it changes to something you don't like, it can upset you.   So, I do get some of the attitude.  I don't endorse it, but I understand it.

Also, some people can just be half empty people.  I'm not saying OP or anyone is!  I just saying they are out there.

I would like to point out that FFG is developing several waves in advanced.  So it's not like this is a knee jerk reaction to the current meta.  It's almost like they have play testers that they pick from some of the top players in the game to test out all of this stuff like a year in advanced, and FFG steers the meta in the way they want it to go!

I think people need to look at changes they don't like differently. At first I hated the U-Boats and thought they broke too many ships (T-70, b-wing, y-wing, ect) but then I looked at it as if they were the villain. Channel your inner Jedi people! If you hate a ship, learn how to kill it! For me there is nothing quite as satisfying as when you can get at range 1 of a U-Boat. I am so pumped for the Fang Fighter! Do you hate imperial aces? Practice the party bus!

Competitive meta builds change, but how often are you fighting at the final table of a world championship? Just play what you like. Trying to find new combo's is at least 50% of the appeal of this game (for me anyway)!  

People need to Keep Calm and Quit "Chicken Little-ing" (New saying, feel free to use it)   

man people just want to complain for no reason.

There is nothing wrong with Wave9 so far. FFG has never released a singular card or ship that flatout ripped another out of the meta, just made them less overwhelming. They arent GW, they dont look at a unit thats obscenely powerful and go "Its not space marines or eldar so NERFHAMMER" and it vanishes from the scene completely, even in friendly games, because it became utterly useless.

Still pissed about my orks....

In digesting what we know of the overtly sad Wave 9 announcement, I have the feeling FFG is wallowing in self-doubt and nerfing some previous releases a bit......or is it just me? "Let go your feelings...."

Go play in your alternate history X-Wing where the Phantom and large ship MoV was never nerfed some place else.

Despite hoe broken Palp Aces is, this current meta is the best the game has ever had, and wave 9 looks like it's going to fine tune it further. Get out of the way of progress, step aside.

In digesting what we know of the overtly sad Wave 9 announcement, I have the feeling FFG is wallowing in self-doubt and nerfing some previous releases a bit......or is it just me? "Let go your feelings...."

Go play in your alternate history X-Wing where the Phantom and large ship MoV was never nerfed some place else.

Despite hoe broken Palp Aces is, this current meta is the best the game has ever had, and wave 9 looks like it's going to fine tune it further. Get out of the way of progress, step aside.

Palp aces is easy to beat, vader crew card wrecks palp aces all  day long

Right....I agree with VanorDM.  They are a bit reactionary to the meta to some degree.  They want to shape the game play if they feel it's gone a certain way.  So....they introduced Auto Thrusters to bring back arc dodgers when Primary Weapon Turrets became too powerful.  That wasn't a "nerf" to turrets, but a boost to arc dodgers.

The few nerfs that have happened have all been in FAQ's.  That's where they take an existing rule and change it.  That's the nerf.

I like this wave as it looks like it's trying to steer the game back to jousting ships at each other and getting extra arcs so that Arc Dodgers aren't as powerful as they are now.  I'd be happy to see tournaments that aren't 66% Imp/Palp Aces of one kind or another.  

I currently see a lot of Palp Aces, but also UBoats (no arc dodgers here), brobots (no arc dodgers either), and others. Hell, even a 5 A Wing swarm list has had some success in the past few tournaments. I think the meta has never been as diverse.

Hey, uh... wasn't it like last week we were all bitching about how it's all Rebels?  Now we get some of the other factions out in force and it's "Oh, damned auto-win Aces"...

Like, come on guys. 

no last week was "******* scum toilet seat list" it was the week before that everyone hated rebels

theres a small really vocal group of imperial players who are Always Mad tho and i dont understand it at all