Sign in to follow this  
jhox

New Images of Wave 4, In The Flesh

I don't know if this has been brought up, but regarding the bases - if the Interdictor is Medium and the Libery is Large (which it would seem from the announcement pictures), that means the Liberty is the only Large ship with only three defense tokens, and the Interdictor is the only Medium with four.

EDIT - Oddly, though, it has four tokens in the picture. I wonder if the non-Battlecruiser version has a Contain instead of double Brace?

Edited by reegsk

True. But only three tokens on a giant target is going to be tough. I mean, the version we know about has double Brace on a massive front arc with five shields, so it can take a punch. But if the other variant has Brace, Redirect, Contain. . .ouch.

True. But only three tokens on a giant target is going to be tough. I mean, the version we know about has double Brace on a massive front arc with five shields, so it can take a punch. But if the other variant has Brace, Redirect, Contain. . .ouch.

Or, as some people have guessed - Endurance Title lets you add a contain...

one of its titles add the contain

ahhhhh! Dras your ninja skills are strong today!

Edited by Tirion

Liberty seems small though. Shouldn't this by a monster? And the Interdictor seems larger than I would have thought. (Though I will by two so Rebs can joust like they did in Wraith squadron. Hear that FFG? Still jonesing for Wraith Squadron!) (Ahem.)

I've just seen a new picture on face book in which they have swapped the ships over onto the correct bases. The new MC80 model has been moved on the large base and the interdictor onto the medium base. The bases seem to be in the same place in the cabinet as the photo in this thread but they have transferred the models over.

Yeah, just to confirm that, I got a chance to call in on the Sunday and they'd switched them round at that stage:

27419800752_fb8c908454_z.jpg

Interestingly, the FFG staff there confirmed that the cases weren't locked and the doors only held closed by selotape... He seemed to think the lack of cardboard bases meant there was no point reverting to crime, but I'm not sure I agree.

27242109720_915792b9ce_z.jpg

27242109810_bb29e09897_z.jpg

27446303131_d4e0b1fd37_z.jpg

Like Gottmituns205 mentioned the wash looks a bit heavy on the Liberty they had there. Not too worried as mine will get a repaint anyway, but hopefully they'll use a bit less when it comes to production.

More impressed than I was with the Liberty having actually seen it.

And the Interdictor. Wow. I can't wait to see someone with an airbrush have a go at the light effects on those domes.

Why does the little cardboard sign say "Pending Licencor approval"?

Just seems a little odd to me, surely they should have approval before announcing it and releasing pics? Would also imply that production (or tooling) can't start yet either.

Just seems a little odd to me, surely they should have approval before announcing it and releasing pics? Would also imply that production (or tooling) can't start yet either.

#Q3IsALie

Pretty sure they've put that out for everything that isnt actually being sold yet.

I've just seen a new picture on face book in which they have swapped the ships over onto the correct bases. The new MC80 model has been moved on the large base and the interdictor onto the medium base. The bases seem to be in the same place in the cabinet as the photo in this thread but they have transferred the models over.

Yeah, just to confirm that, I got a chance to call in on the Sunday and they'd switched them round at that stage:

27419800752_fb8c908454_z.jpg

Interestingly, the FFG staff there confirmed that the cases weren't locked and the doors only held closed by selotape... He seemed to think the lack of cardboard bases meant there was no point reverting to crime, but I'm not sure I agree.

27242109720_915792b9ce_z.jpg

27242109810_bb29e09897_z.jpg

27446303131_d4e0b1fd37_z.jpg

Like Gottmituns205 mentioned the wash looks a bit heavy on the Liberty they had there. Not too worried as mine will get a repaint anyway, but hopefully they'll use a bit less when it comes to production.

More impressed than I was with the Liberty having actually seen it.

And the Interdictor. Wow. I can't wait to see someone with an airbrush have a go at the light effects on those domes.

Look how big our new Flotilla's ships are, for some reason I was expecting something smaller.  

Yeah, same here. In my head and based on the teaser images I had those pegged at about 25% smaller than they actually are, so that's a pleasant surprise.

As for the other models, I think we have a serious problem. Frankly if those are anywhere close to the production pieces they will seriously out-shine previous waves. Like, egregiously.

Minus the wash job on the Liberty that is a great paint job. Loving the colors, hard to say I would mess with it. The model for the Interdictor is great too, love the detail. That one I will have fun repainting.

That is one UGLY engine core for the interdictor: tempted to scrap it and merge it with a not-too-often used VSD engine block...

Otherwise, looking great!  Come to think of it though, do we ever see the engines of the interdictor in rebels?  Did FFG totally screw this one up all on their own, or is there someone else to blame?

That is one UGLY engine core for the interdictor: tempted to scrap it and merge it with a not-too-often used VSD engine block...

Otherwise, looking great!  Come to think of it though, do we ever see the engines of the interdictor in rebels?  Did FFG totally screw this one up all on their own, or is there someone else to blame?

If they are using material from rebels they might have gotten the 3D file straight from LFL to ensure consistency (I'm aware that I'm making an assumption here) and then worked from that, as even if we haven't seen it on screen it would have to exist in the 3D model they render from.

Rewatching the Ep for you now, Dur...

So far, we've seen Profile, Front and Underside shots (and showing that the Hangar bay does hold the CR90 too)

But no rear.

EDIT:

You do get a good shot of an Arquitens, Sideways, Smashed up against the Bridge Superstructure, and not being much larger than that...  So.  Definitely just a littl ebigger than CR90 Sized :D

Edited by Drasnighta

Perhaps I do just need a little time to get used to it: it does have that "turn of the century cruiser with crap strapped on top" look of the early carriers which were obviously not built with that purpose in mind, which has its own peculiar charm.

On the bright side, it's still better than the AFmk2 :P!