Sign in to follow this  
jhox

New Images of Wave 4, In The Flesh

The real question for me is how many do I buy of both. The Liberty is one of my all time favorite ship.

I'll warn you guys ahead of time I'm an extremist when it comes to my armies. I have 4 MC80's already an I'm debating on if I want to get 2 or 6 of this new one..

An now with pictures of the interdictor I'm wondering if I want 4, as I have 4 ISD's. My rebel fleet though looks like it might pull ahead in ship count. Though it's already ahead by about 2 small ships.

I might need to get more ISD's to maintain even fleet disruption in my Armada's.

Edited by darkfortunex

At the moment, I think I'm bucking trends by only being down for 1 of everything thusfar, Waves 3 and 4....

I think I agree with you Dras. Not that the duo's aren't awesome, it's just that if I get more than one of each, I wont be able to use the awesome stuff I already have...

Though two liberty's are tempting...

I'm tempted to buy one of each only if not to be able to afford one of everything Armada/X Wing that's slated for Q3.

Although I'm probably destined to buy 2 of each Armada and one of each X Wing.

The real question for me is how many do I buy of both. The Liberty is one of my all time favorite ship.

I'll warn you guys ahead of time I'm an extremist when it comes to my armies. I have 4 MC80's already an I'm debating on if I want to get 2 or 6 of this new one..

An now with pictures of the interdictor I'm wondering if I want 4, as I have 4 ISD's. My rebel fleet though looks like it might pull ahead in ship count. Though it's already ahead by about 2 small ships.

I might need to get more ISD's to maintain even fleet disruption in my Armada's.

I've always wondered about the rumors regarding folks who buy the seasonal kits directly for their own use.  Ladies and gentlemen, it's this situation right here.

I was mostly buying in, so I could strip the Firespray and 3 Z-95s right down and repaint them all as Kath and Binyare Pirates...

...  that would give me some indication on what I should be charging for X-Wing repaints as part of my business...

I've just seen a new picture on face book in which they have swapped the ships over onto the correct bases. The new MC80 model has been moved on the large base and the interdictor onto the medium base. The bases seem to be in the same place in the cabinet as the photo in this thread but they have transferred the models over.

The Interdictor announcement was what finally convinced me to give Armada more than simply a cursory glance in between drooling over X-Wing minis, and after an introductory game, I suspect I now have another FFG-made addiction!

There has been a lot of commentary on the size of the Interdictor, which to me actually may have a hidden benefit: Being considerably larger than the EU 418, there is still room for the ship I desire most in Armada, the Vindicator. At first, I simply thought that the combat refit version of the 'dictor might have put paid to any such desires, but there is a significant size difference between the Vindicator at 600m and this new Interdictor.

The Interdictor announcement was what finally convinced me to give Armada more than simply a cursory glance in between drooling over X-Wing minis, and after an introductory game, I suspect I now have another FFG-made addiction!

There has been a lot of commentary on the size of the Interdictor, which to me actually may have a hidden benefit: Being considerably larger than the EU 418, there is still room for the ship I desire most in Armada, the Vindicator. At first, I simply thought that the combat refit version of the 'dictor might have put paid to any such desires, but there is a significant size difference between the Vindicator at 600m and this new Interdictor.

The Vindicator is a rather more obscure variant of the more commonly known Immobilizer, as far as appearances and recognition go. For a medium/small Imperial ship, I'd expect the Arquitanns and Venator to be the next two in that range, rather than the Vindicator.

The Vindicator is a rather more obscure variant of the more commonly known Immobilizer, as far as appearances and recognition go. For a medium/small Imperial ship, I'd expect the Arquitanns and Venator to be the next two in that range, rather than the Vindicator.

Yes, I imagine so. Still, if my worst-case scenario involves the oh-so-glorious Venator, then I'll not be complaining. It's a good time to be getting into Armada, it seems!

Pretty Crappy-ass Victory you've got there, Gott...  Got the wrong amount of Engines and no fire control Tower...  

I know, but they were giving them away at Ord Mantell for such a low price of ninety nine ninety nine, that I just haaaaaaaaaaaaaaad to get one.

Oh and it pushes squadrons like a boss....Rhymer refuses to leave his dream palace. 

Wow.  ISD, Interdictor, and 2x VSD is going to be a gorgeous fleet.  Horrible? Probably.  But so damned gorgeous...

Funnily, I was planning on doing almost exactly that, though replacing one of the VSDs with a raider or two, and a few squadrons

I don't suppose that two ISDs and an Interdictor would really work as a fleet either, but the concept still gives me the warm and fuzzies!

How do you think Two ISDs and a VIC would go?

Because Two ISDs and an Interdictor will probably do as well as that...

Plus messing with your opponents deployment...

But it'll come at the cost of the ISDs being a little less tooled than they would be in the first, due to just cost differences....

I maintain that, once it comes out, there will not be a single fleet I run that will not include an Interdictor... Purely on the merit of just how very pretty it is!

Also, it's probably going to be really fun to use, which is a nice bonus