Sign in to follow this  
jhox

New Images of Wave 4, In The Flesh

The thing is, the Interdictor looks almost right on that large base - it certainly looks like it would appear over-sized on a medium base. Meanwhile, the Liberty looks only a smidgen too big for that medium base. It's odd.

The thing is, the Interdictor looks almost right on that large base - it certainly looks like it would appear over-sized on a medium base. Meanwhile, the Liberty looks only a smidgen too big for that medium base. It's odd.

I feel like FFG wanted the Interdictor to be a large base, but then they'd be letting it get a bonus 3 hull with Motti, paired with an  engineering value of 5.

I feel like FFG wanted the Interdictor to be a large base, but then they'd be letting it get a bonus 3 hull with Motti, paired with an  engineering value of 5.

Oooh good point

So glad they went with the Rebels Interdictor design.  That is a great lookin ship!

I agree 100 times over. I think it is the best looking ship to date and that we will see an amazing amount of paint jobs on it

I think I'm going to get a professional to do a re-paint on one of my interdictors

So glad they went with the Rebels Interdictor design.  That is a great lookin ship!

I agree 100 times over. I think it is the best looking ship to date and that we will see an amazing amount of paint jobs on it

I think I'm going to get a professional to do a re-paint on one of my interdictors

I want to paint the red in but I am going to do it as a gradient. So I start with a white and use washes and shades to slowly increase the depth and darkness of the red which areas will be smaller than the bright red areas. Well. . .  That's the plan anyways. I expect Vy-Vy and Dras to do similar things but do it better.  

I really like the models but I do think they should have shrunk the Interdictor model by like 10% to make it look more right for a medium base. It clearly looks bigger than the MC80 Liberty that should be on a large base. Kind of weird having it on a medium when it looks like its going to be just a little smaller than an ISD. 

They are on the same shelf.

It's clearer in the top picture that they're on the same shelf, but it's more definitive to count the grey shelf supports running horizontally - in the second and third picture, you can see one shelf support on the level of the Interdictor and the Liberty, and the next one down is at the same level as the Imperial-class and the other ships from earlier waves.

I am really impressed with the look of the interdictor.  Looks much better than on the website pics.  If on a large base it was would be so much more difficult to kill it off.  Plus with a smaller base it is shorter movement.