Sign in to follow this  
atkrull

X Wing Famous

My wife finds it amusing when we go to GenCon and people come up to me like I'm some sort of rock star. :)

Bet she still tells you to take the trash out. Wives are good that way.

No. That's what his groupies are for.

No idea who any of those people in list one are.  Lebron James?  Isn't he that extremely rude black athlete whom literally all of Cleveland hates?  That's the only one I know and only because of a tenuous link between that cities sports teams.  Go Browns!  Oh and Derek Jeeter, his dad was Cal Ripken right?  Shortstop for the Chicago Bulls?

Who knows, who cares?  Sports are a mass hysteria mind control tactic.  X-Wing.  Now there is a wholesome distraction to keep one occupied while the world slowly builds a cage around you!  No nefarious plots there!  No sir!

Wellll....  There was that whole Imperial Veterans Conspiracy, but that seems to have blown over now.  Elections-what?  Where are my bombers?

Also, wouldn't it actually be neat to get to know our actual um, X-Wing... Stars?  You know like get a little bit of an interview with each person, maybe get them to talk a little shop?  How cool would that be?

Also, wouldn't it actually be neat to get to know our actual um, X-Wing... Stars?  You know like get a little bit of an interview with each person, maybe get them to talk a little shop?  How cool would that be?

I nominate that someone interview Evan Claassen, the man has made 2nd place in two regionals with zuckuss!

Tyson and Asa from Back to dials .... well maybe not so much Asa, 

*Pouts* :'( 

You're my favorite, man.

[EDIT]

... please don't send me a life-size cardboard cutout, though.

Edited by jme

Tyson and Asa from Back to dials .... well maybe not so much Asa, 

*Pouts* :'( 

You're my favorite, man.

[EDIT]

... please don't send me a life-size cardboard cutout, though.

You can redirect the life size cutout to me.  As long as it has an authentic smell.

This is very much something that happens in gaming circles, and smaller sports of various kinds. If I say "Wasn't it ridiculous when Scarlett went off-race against DRG?", 99% of people won't have a **** clue what I'm saying, but if I see Bomber or Polt at an event, you bet your ass I'm getting a photo.

I've had it happen to me with roller derby, too, being a coach. It is odd having your photo taken and signing stuff after a game though...

This is very much something that happens in gaming circles, and smaller sports of various kinds. If I say "Wasn't it ridiculous when Scarlett went off-race against DRG?", 99% of people won't have a **** clue what I'm saying, but if I see Bomber or Polt at an event, you bet your ass I'm getting a photo.

I've had it happen to me with roller derby, too, being a coach. It is odd having your photo taken and signing stuff after a game though...

My wife has had people run up to her breathlessly at writing conferences and ask if she is who they think she is. It's... odd to hear.

I'm also surprised the OP managed to put together a list of people who are "X-wing famous" and omit Doug Kinney... :-)

SC2? On an XWing board?

gsl_mvp_keen_celebrate_1.gif

While I appreciate your drive to be famous at this, all the names you posted don't mean a thing to me. I know that it's a great game. While I never aspire to have my name mentioned, I do try to have fun and make it fun for those around me. I wanted to be the best for a while... Then I decided crushing people didn't further the growth of the game in my area. I respect you for your drive, my hope is that you don't disrespect the others that play for different reasons.

First of all I am so ashamed at not putting the "Godfather" of X Wing , aka Doug Kinney, at the top of the list! My bad Doug.

Second, I never disrespect any aspect of X wing. The more Heroes of the Arturi Cluster I can play I the better. But I am very observant on who are casual players and who are competitive. I try to make my opponent and myself have fun at either level.

SC2? On an XWing board?

So many years of playing that game has made me instinctively use builds as analogies for X-wing builds or openings in my head. I literally named my 5x TAP w/ Prockets build the Baneling Bust.

My wife has had people run up to her breathlessly at writing conferences and ask if she is who they think she is. It's... odd to hear.

I'm also surprised the OP managed to put together a list of people who are "X-wing famous" and omit Doug Kinney... :-)

There's a particular store in Dublin that I had to avoid for many years, as any time I went in (and was specifically on the second floor), people would ask for my autograph. I have no idea who they thought I was...

The autographs after derby games thing never felt right somehow, though. The pictures felt weirder, but at least they were an opportunity to be silly. The day someone came up with a picture of me to autograph, though... wow.