Lebron James

Jordan Speith

Derek Jeter

Now here is another list:

Paul Heaver

Brad Miller

Dallas Parker

Aaron Bonar

When I started X wing I had no idea it was going to have this much of an impact on my life. I never go a single day without thinking about it. I'm hooked. But I asked myself the other day, why I was so into this game? Yes, it is super fun and enjoyable, but there was something more. This was my first year diving into the competitive scene. I have participated in the last 3 or 4 Gencon tournaments, but never made the effort to do store championships, regionals or even go to Worlds. But this year I took the plunge and participated in 3 store championships and the Independence MO regional (drove 5 hours both ways). Now I fully understand why my addiction to X Wing is so strong. I want to be X Wing Famous :)

The four names on the second list are (as far as I can tell) normal everyday good ole guys. Wife, kids, 9-5 job, mortgage, two car payments, and maybe a dog or a cat. Basically these guys are me. The only difference is when they show up to a tournament, everyone knows who they are! They are X Wing Famous.

The difference between list one and list two is obviously the money. But the fame (relatively) is the same. With the emergence of so many awesome podcasts, youtube videos, live streaming events, and more, the fame for those who win at X Wing is inescapable. And I have determined that I want that fame. The great thing about this game is that I can have it if I want it badly enough. Paul Heaver proved that with enough practice and preparation you can take a majority of the luck out of the game and win!

I can only guess that "fame" was not in anyone's mind when they decided to do an x wing podcast, but the game blew up so big and so fast that guys like Dee and Ryan from Mynock, Ed, Bob, Sean, Richard, Kris, and Chad from Nova, Tyson and Asa from Back to dials .... well maybe not so much Asa, The boys from Stay on Target and the Kessel Run, not to mention those crazy space pirates at Scum and Villainy. They are like our modern day "famous" sports casters and news anchors, commentators and analysts. They unknowingly or not have made it possible to be X Wing Famous! Thousands of people from all over the world listen to these shows and soak up every piece of advice they give and try to put it to good use.

X Wing is only getting bigger, and the competition is getting even better. I find it fascinating at the age of 30 something I can compete in a game that will maybe.... and its a long shot..... but one day call myself a World Champion of X Wing. I know to a majority of the population that means diddly, but to those who know the game and play the game it is a monumental achievement. So to all of those of you who have maybe wondered why you can't sleep at night because you made one mistake in the second round of the tournament you played in that day that might have cost you first place..... maybe you have the same drive and goal as I do.

To be X Wing Famous.

I have to admit I only know who Paul Heaver is.  I've never heard of Brad Miller.  I think I know who Dallas Parker and Aaron Bonar are, but am not sure.  I know I've heard their names on podcasts.  

For me....I'm 45 with active kids.  I live in North Carolina.  I'm no where near all the major events for X-wing.  The biggest thing near me is a Regionals.  I don't have the time or cash to dedicate to go to all those events in the middle of the country.  The whole tournament thing isn't as big to me.  

Also, I've just sworn off tournaments and have gone full on Casual.  I'd rather be famous in the X-wing community as the guy who does all the crazy Casual games with Epic ships and missions and little paper turrets and all that.  :)

I WOULD love to go to the NOVA open for their cool and unique plot driven events, but it always fills up before I even have a chance to talk to the Mrs about it.  

Mostly because the Mynock's egos need no more boosts.....  ;)

That's true :) although in my opinion the best episode of all was a mynock squadron podcast, but Dee and Ryan were not hosts. Tyson and Asa definitely pdocasted better with the April fools episode.

I'd say they podcasted EVEN better (Put it on a card!)

Although I have to say I love both Mynock and BtD equally. Is that even allowed?

I have to admit I only know who Paul Heaver is.  I've never heard of Brad Miller.  I think I know who Dallas Parker and Aaron Bonar are, but am not sure.  I know I've heard their names on podcasts.  

For me....I'm 45 with active kids.  I live in North Carolina.  I'm no where near all the major events for X-wing.  The biggest thing near me is a Regionals.  I don't have the time or cash to dedicate to go to all those events in the middle of the country.  The whole tournament thing isn't as big to me.  

Also, I've just sworn off tournaments and have gone full on Casual.  I'd rather be famous in the X-wing community as the guy who does all the crazy Casual games with Epic ships and missions and little paper turrets and all that.   :)

I WOULD love to go to the NOVA open for their cool and unique plot driven events, but it always fills up before I even have a chance to talk to the Mrs about it.  

The black haired fat kid that plays him some TIE SWARM for reals!

:lol:

Here are a few names:

Aaron Rodgers

Lebron James

Jordan Speith

Derek Jeter

Also....I only know who two of those people are!  I'm not a sports guy.   :)

I know two of those names have something to do with some form of American sports, but which? 

Not a sportsnerd myself. :P.

Paul Heaver's three championships have gotten him laid more than you could possibly understand, so let's not call him an everyman unless that means being up to your eyeballs in sexy ladies.

??? Umm. I think he's married with children.

Here are a few names:

Aaron Rodgers

Lebron James

Jordan Speith

Derek Jeter

Also....I only know who two of those people are!  I'm not a sports guy.   :)

I know two of those names have something to do with some form of American sports, but which? 

Not a sportsnerd myself. :P.

Football good guy

Basketball jerk

Never heard of him

Baseball overrated guy

I haven't played nearly enough lately, in part due to work, and in part the intentional draw rule. Maybe next season I'll fly even better enough to make a splash... but I hate playing meta lists just for the sake of better odds.

Contentment comes in two ways - you finally get what you want, or you simply learn to want what you already have.

Personally (and this is just my own opinion) I hate the word content. I'm always striving to be better at everything, be it a husband, father, golfer ( that's who Jordan speith is) or X wing player.