Sign in to follow this  
LeighPouse

So Savage Spirits is out?

Quermians.  The rules for them say extra arms...the art says no extra arms  (maybe its under the folds of that robe, but the navigator's suit does not look so large as to hide extra arms).  I know its a made up species...but for some reason that peeves me.  If they made a reference that perhaps yes Quermians keep the other arms hidden I for some reason would be nice...but no.

Quermians.  The rules for them say extra arms...the art says no extra arms  (maybe its under the folds of that robe, but the navigator's suit does not look so large as to hide extra arms).  I know its a made up species...but for some reason that peeves me.  If they made a reference that perhaps yes Quermians keep the other arms hidden I for some reason would be nice...but no.

Something somewhere about how they like to keep the second set of arms concealed.

That's correct. Quermians typically keep their second set of arms hidden under loose clothing so they don't look even less humanoid than the long neck gives away. besides, they have olfactory sense organs on their hands, so maybe their just Superstars like Mary Catherine Gallager.

So, I'm curious about what's in the book apart from new specialities and talents. How about beasts? What kind of new animals are included? And what space ships/vehicles? :)

-E.

FFG will send about seven, maybe 10 copies of S.S. to the UK. The quick GMs/Players will get it! The rest of us will be have to wait for the reprint. :angry:

My shop has it in on Tuesday 15th. My birthday present!!!

In case I forget, have a wonderful birthday!

FFG will send about seven, maybe 10 copies of S.S. to the UK. The quick GMs/Players will get it! The rest of us will be have to wait for the reprint. :angry:

In case I forget, have a wonderful birthday!

Or else! 

:P

Leisure Games have Savage Spirits available in the UK.

Yeh, a few retailers seem to have it today. However it is currently £55 on Amazon so I would advise anyone not to go there as it is £20 or less most other places

the Hunter's Quarry talent, which only works at long or extreme range

Am I missing something? Hunter's Quarry says "...an opponent within long range," doesn't that mean it works at everything but extreme range?

the Hunter's Quarry talent, which only works at long or extreme range

Am I missing something? Hunter's Quarry says "...an opponent within long range," doesn't that mean it works at everything but extreme range?

Version in the talent tree both here and in Enter the Unknown says "at Long Range."  And my read on the talent has always been that if the target's not at Long or Extreme Range (especially given the Big Game Hunter spec where the talent originated from), then it's not usable.

Yeah, there's not a whole lot if your PC's main focus is Ataru Striker and being a lightsaber monster, though one of the two new crystals is pretty heinous (effectively spend 2 Triumphs to inflict a Maimed critical injury on your target) in regards to literally crippling the opposition.

Executioner is kind of nice, but it feels there's more focus on ranged combat (especially with the Hunter's Quarry talent, which only works at long or extreme range) than on melee badassery.  That said, ghost warlock's case is probably a bit of an exception, what with being at 500XP at which point any character is going to be pretty well fleshed-out in regards to their primary focus.  Of course, if the GM is willing to allow the PC to re-spec, then new material becomes more useful to established PCs.

So, what are the two new Crystals?