Sign in to follow this  
Rojek

What to play with at Regionals ? (4 lists)

Ok, forum people, it's time for the next installment of "I have no idea what to play at the next tournament". This time the main contender is me, with four possible lists for this weekends Regionals:

a) http://xwing-builder.co.uk/view/367616/chopper-dash

Standard Super Dash with Chopper. Te list I'm most familiar with (Played it in SOS, got to day 2). What I don't like about it is I think it's not great against both the boogeymen of the meta - U-boats and Palp Aces. The Boats wreck Ghost and can outdamage Dash even using their turrets only, while he has to keep out of torpedo arcs, while Aces, while not unwinnable, are hard to deal with because of Dash's donut hole and the fact that they can shrug off even TL+Focus HLC shots while Palp is alive.

b) http://xwing-builder.co.uk/view/479404/for-the-emperor

I have some experience with the list and I love flying Whisper, even though it's not easy. Considering switching Omega's Stealth for Yorr on the Shuttle for PS 4 (shoots before U-boats) and the stress removal.

c) http://xwing-builder.co.uk/view/500436/carnor-jax-versus-the-world

This list I particularly like - saw a variation of it with Vader instead of Carnor on SOS. I just think Carnor might be better for the meta - shutting down Aces' tokens / Jumpmaster's shooting ability. Has less alpha then a regular Crack Swarm, but I think Carnor gives it more flexability. Problem is, while I did play some Crack Swarms, I didn't have the chance to play this particular list, and playing in a Regional with a list I haven't played before scares me a little bit.

d) http://xwing-builder.co.uk/view/474356/rebel-torps

The most offbeat list from the bunch. Tested it just a little bit and quite liked the results. In the beginning I had both Horton and Nera running Deadeye because I tried to replicate U-boats using Rebel ships, but I found that Crack Shot seems better - Nera can grab a TL off her first shot and doesn't have to catch people in arc and Horton's 8 PS seems enough in this meta. Plus Crack is way better against anything with lower PS and even against aces it helps get the damage through. It's a wierd list though, and I don't know if I have enough experience with it.

So that's it - waiting for your opinons on the lists and advice on what you guys think I should play :)

I love the idea behind Carnor mini swarm. The problem is 5 ships list can be exhausting to play in tournament.

Otherwise concept is neat, and to my knowledge, is not common.

I would say either option a, or option C. The reasons being A is the list you have had more experience with and I assume can fly comfortably. If you have the time before hand, practise flying against Aces/ Wolf pack. Get used to flying against them as they are very popular. List C is very interesting. It seems it will do well against both low agility ships and Aces with the firepower from the miniswarm and jax doing what he does to shut down stuff making it harder to damage him. Also,by saying "this weekends" are you saying it's tomorrow? If so, go option A.

If you have time to practice, I would run "C", but I would drop a BSP for Wampa, which would allow you to add a stealth device to Howlrunner or give you a better initiative bid.  If there is no time, I would run what you are familiar with, so "A".