Sign in to follow this  
Blail Blerg

Wave 9 "hard counter" to Scouts rumor?

Deadeye becoming Unique in the next FAQ ?

One can but dream.

My guess is that this will follow right after the Palp Aces nerf (you know, that list that actually wins more than jumpmasters) :P

Sadly, that won't happen since Aces success comes from a deep gameplay flaw : high PS allied to repositionning is too powerful (and needs a lot less adapting to the opponent's movements if he has less pilot skill).

I imagine the counter is better jousting. The shoving a pair of those Fang fighters down the throat of a Jumpmaster at R1 is death for the jumpy. The mass of aux arcs from the other ships will also make it hard for them to stay clear of damage after the initial shots, and give arc dodgers a tougher time to boot. 

Depending on the upgrade cards, I'd say this is a decent counter. It'll depend on the Fangs dial, but that could be the business for them, while still also being solid ships in other engagements (avoid the rock/paper/scissors rubbish).

One can but dream.

My guess is that this will follow right after the Palp Aces nerf (you know, that list that actually wins more than jumpmasters) :P

One takes skill. Another takes Focus. :P

Waiting for the opponent to have moved then react with repositionning takes no skill.

Blocking thoses dudes, on the other hand, do.

Seismic Torpedoes sounds like something.

A PS 2 K-Wing could rush 3 forward, SLAM 3-forward again, then launch the torpedos with Advanced SLAM at the scout.

A PS 2 TIE Bomber with these torpedoes, Extra Munitions and Experimental interface could rush forward and launch two volleys of these before the Jumpmaster even has a chance to attack.

The bomber option wouldn't work. Well, not for two shots, anyway. Experimental interface or not, it's still an action, which means you can't hit it twice in the same turn. 

Nothing to stop you from taking a focus, then popping EI for the shot, though.

Seismic Torpedoes sounds like something.

They do, but they actually look more like ace-killer tech.

From what I can read, you move, then as an action you do one attack die damage to a ship and everyone within range 1 of it. It's not an attack, so no punching through stealth, but also no evade rolls, and it reaches at least range 1-2 (because there's a dash, but we can't see the second number). Added to the fact you're lining up on where a higher PS pilot is NOW, not where he'll be after he moves at higher PS, any you've got a nasty ace-killer weapon; depending on the price, 3-4 seismic torpedoes could in theory blow soontir fel to scrap without even letting him touch green dice.

Quickdraw looks to be an ace-killer, too. Flying up and unloading 3-4 attack dice into someone who's not had a chance to get any tokens into play yet is nasty work for TIE interceptors.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

One can but dream.

One takes skill. Another takes Focus. :P
Waiting for the opponent to have moved then react with repositionning takes no skill.

Blocking thoses dudes, on the other hand, do.

As if you could ever block someone who is actually playing correctly. Which means blocking works only because the lack of skill of your opponent. Trust me I know what I am talking about, I am getting blocked a lot. ^-^

R3 Astromech

"Once per round, when an enemy ship declares you the target of an attack, you may remove one focus token from the attacker."

Makes X-Wings, even generics, pretty strong jousters, and hilariously effective against anything with dead eyes.

(This is all wishful thinking, as I all I can make out is "Once..." Still, that word is usually followed by "per round, when attacking/defending", Rebels mech are usually defensive, and cards that come in twos are usually somewhat fixy, and they did talk about a hard counter.)

Edited by Okapi

R3 Astromech

"Once per round, when an enemy ship declares you the target of an attack, you may remove one focus token from the attacker."

Makes X-Wings, even generics, pretty strong jousters, and hilariously effective against anything with dead eyes.

(This is all wishful thinking, as I all I can make out is "Once..." Still, that word is usually followed by "per round, when attacking/defending", Rebels mech are usually defensive, and cards that come in twos are usually somewhat fixy, and they did talk about a hard counter.)

I think the R3 astromech has to do something with Evade. Because the ship includes an Evade token, and the ship itself doesn't have the Evade action, and no other visible card assigns Evade tokens.

I think the R3 astromech has to do something with Evade. Because the ship includes an Evade token, and the ship itself doesn't have the Evade action, and no other visible card assigns Evade tokens.

Ah, missed that. Makes sense. Once per round, do something and get a token?