Sign in to follow this  
X Wing Nut

and that was the last anyone ever saw of Talonbane Cobra

His fighter was last seen in locked in combat with Fenn Rau as he was covering the retreat for his forces. Witnesses say he was taking heavy fire doing his best to avoid Protectorate starfighter but he had trouble keeping up with the superior fighter. Still we hold out hope that the Black Suns ace Pilot will one day return to us.

His fighter was last seen in locked in combat with Fenn Rau as he was covering the retreat for his forces. Witnesses say he was taking heavy fire doing his best to avoid Protectorate starfighter but he had trouble keeping up with the superior fighter. Still we hold out hope that the Black Suns ace Pilot will one day return to us.

Talonbane Cobra + Fenn Rau + Zuckuss.  15 dice at range 1, if you use the fearless title (and I'm right about what it does), you've got up to 18 hits/crits.  You could alpha a decimator or ghost (or pretty much any other ship, possibly multiple depending on the targets) off the board before they get to shoot.

Talonbane Cobra still have trick up his sleeve over Fenn: Missile Carrier. Used it this passed weekend and he was deadly.

Talonbane Cobra with Crack Shot, Homing Missiles, Glitterstim and Guidance Chips.

That's a 4 dice plus Focus and Target Lock, can change one die result into a crit, that prevent the use of Evade Token and can deny one evade result thanks to Crack Shot. With this loadout, even Soontir can't dodge it. So technically, in a straight up joust between Talonbane and Fenn, if the first shots are fired in range 2-3 (ideally 3 so that Cobra can have 4 dice instead of 2 to defend), Talonbane is pretty much guaranteed to land at least 1 hit, 1 crit (that's if both ship rolled perfectly: highly probable for the HM+GS, not so much for Fenn).

Now granted, I agree that for the price you're generally better with Fenn, and I'm pretty sure that the latter will be one of the staple of my scum builds as soon as he's out, but Talonbane Cobra still have a purpose. You are garanteed that the first time he will attack, he will bring the pain: Range 2-3 with his homing missile, Range 1 with his 5 dice attack. Plus, he have a much better name.

Far-Cry-3-Blood-Dragon-3.jpg

Actual archival footage of TalonBane Cobra, featured centre and Fenn Rau on the left. Going in to fight the world of order and government, and bring their ideal of absolute lawlessness to fruition.

Wish they would hurry up

I do hope they come out with something more for the Kihraxz Fighter.  It's supposed to be a highly customizable ship.  I'd love to see various titles for them that can add things in.  I'd love to see one that lets them take an unhinged astromech as one option.  There are others they can through out there to make the Kihraxz really an option.  Something that boosted it's jousting at R2 would actually be really cool and make it different than the Fang.

I think Vertical Thrusters could be a real fix for the Kihraxz Fighter.  It can add in that maneuverability that it's lacking.  It's got the 1 sharp turn, which is just awesome.  Add in a Barrel Roll and you can almost pivot in place...or even move a little backwards.  On a ship with 3 attack dice, that can be pretty powerful.  

Fearless could also be a nice add-on for those who can take an EPT.  It would improve their jousting efficiency.  If these guys come in just a bit cheaper than the Fang Fighter, then it could be a different option.  They do have 1 Shield over the Fang, but less movable options and no title.  

Even with Fearless and Vertical Thrusters, Cobra TB has less options than Fenn Rau...and no Auto Thrusters.  So, I agree that Cobra Talonbane is sub-par in comparison, but hopefully that will change.  

I would hope he at least has fun frolicking on a farm up north with Punishers and Scyks.

The Tie Punisher is hardly useless.  It's even winning events.

Scyks with Attani Mindlink are also doing well at events.  

Edited by heychadwick

I heard he was hiding on a desert planet and go only by the name of Bane. Then a young farm boy found him and asked him about Talonbane Cobra. A little lost in his thought, he answered: ''Talonbane Cobra. Talonbane... Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time.'' He then quickly killed the young boy because he's still not ready to come back...

I just came up with some titles for the Kihraxz for the Custom Card League.  I'd love to see these in play:

Light Kihraxz Fighter

Kihraxz Fighter Only Title

Your ship gains the UNHINGED ASTROMECH ICON upgrade.

0 pt Title

CUSTOM JOB

You may equip your ship with a Modification for -2 pts.

0 pt Title

Medium Kihraxz Fighter

When defending at Range 2, if the enemy is in your firing arc, you can add a FOCUS RESULT to your total.

0 pt Title

Heavy Kihraxz Fighter

You can equip your ship with two MODFICATION SYMBOLS

1 pt Title

I just came up with some titles for the Kihraxz for the Custom Card League.  I'd love to see these in play:

Light Kihraxz Fighter

0 pt Title

CUSTOM JOB

0 pt Title

Medium Kihraxz Fighter

When defending at Range 2, if the enemy is in your firing arc, you can add a FOCUS RESULT to your total.

0 pt Title

Heavy Kihraxz Fighter

1 pt Title

but modifications dont have symbols <3

and imo that should be free (see also Royal guard title)

Talonbane Cobra still have trick up his sleeve over Fenn: Missile Carrier. Used it this passed weekend and he was deadly.

Talonbane Cobra with Crack Shot, Homing Missiles, Glitterstim and Guidance Chips.

That's a 4 dice plus Focus and Target Lock, can change one die result into a crit, that prevent the use of Evade Token and can deny one evade result thanks to Crack Shot. With this loadout, even Soontir can't dodge it. So technically, in a straight up joust between Talonbane and Fenn, if the first shots are fired in range 2-3 (ideally 3 so that Cobra can have 4 dice instead of 2 to defend), Talonbane is pretty much guaranteed to land at least 1 hit, 1 crit (that's if both ship rolled perfectly: highly probable for the HM+GS, not so much for Fenn).

Now granted, I agree that for the price you're generally better with Fenn, and I'm pretty sure that the latter will be one of the staple of my scum builds as soon as he's out, but Talonbane Cobra still have a purpose. You are garanteed that the first time he will attack, he will bring the pain: Range 2-3 with his homing missile, Range 1 with his 5 dice attack. Plus, he have a much better name.

But Fenn could just run Guidance Chips and Proton Torpedoes as well. Now it just depends on initiative because they aren't both going to Target Lock each other on the opening volley.

Light Kihraxz Fighter

0 pt Title

CUSTOM JOB

0 pt Title

Medium Kihraxz Fighter

0 pt Title

Heavy Kihraxz Fighter

1 pt Title

but modifications dont have symbols <3

and imo that should be free (see also Royal guard title)

But modifications do have symbols. They have a circle with two crossed tools inside. They don't appear on upgrade bars, but they do exist.