Sign in to follow this  
FTS Gecko

Wave X Predictions

U-Wing TIE Striker, and some random scummy thingy.

Maybe they'll release the Scurrg this time?

I sure hope to see the Scurgg for a Scum heavy bomber! not sure why it wasn't this wave really!

Well quite frankly, I can pretty well see why. The other two ships have appeared more recently, and given that Scurrgs have appeared in Armada as Rebel units, we have to really consider who's getting them.

I am glad that Ketsu is Scum, though.

From what I've seen the Tie Striker seems to be more of an airspeeder than starfighter, since it is for air superiority so maybe that means the Empire gets that and the Rebels get the T-47 Snowspeeder. Then just have it so X-wing works with whatever large scale ground assault game they choose to make and everyone will rejoice...everyone but our wallets. 

And of course...Assault Gunboat for Empire, SSD for Armada and AT-AT for Imperial assault. :P

Edited by Animewarsdude

I'd assume it has rogue one ships, so the tie striker and u-wing seem likely.  However if the tie striker is more like the snowspeeder or cloud car, then it won't likely ever be in the game.

Between the fact they added the arc and the fact they are pulling pilots from the new comics/books, it seems like the N-1 really IS a decent possibility now.

V-wing could maybe be a possiblity for scum.

TFA is milked out now unless they do the massive shuttle.  I'm assuming Rebels is milked out for the moment as well.

The two ships from Rogue One:

U-gly wing

TIE Striker

And two TFA ships

Resistence Shuttle (B-wing Mk 2)

Kylo's Bat-wing

Sorry scum. You will have to make do with Most Wanted 2: Dead or Alive. And Scum Huge ship.

We have the ARC-170

When will we see the next prequel ship

Obi-wan Kenobi pilot in an ETA-2, yes please

N-1 and V-wing are also wonderful

If FFG actually wants to be cool they'll surprise us and won't do the boring U-wing & Tie striker in wave 10

So FFG, take a chill pill

The problem with the TIE striker and U-wing is that they aren't star fighters. As far as we know the TIE striker is an atmospheric fighter, and the U-wing is a troop transport of sorts, like the landing craft from TFA. 

My Wave X predictions: 

Rogue one themed X-wing(Alt paint scheme)? (not expecting it, but I can always dream)

Rebels Tv show ships (B-wing proto Maybe, expecting whatever Hondo or Darth Maul use for a ship in the new season. Although I Hope that they re-introduce lando at some point with the Lady Luck. (Although I'll admit I'm not that big a fan of the old Lady luck EU model, so as long as the ship has the same name, and same principle idea of why lando wanted her, I'm game.))

After the Rebel ARC-170 i'm expecting the imperial V-wing. Or anything else pre-quel era.

Gunboat: always hope. Fanbase is strong for this ship. FFG does actually listen to their community on suggestions from time to time. IV gives me hope there not burying the EU fully.

Resistance B-wing scrap transport and "Kylo Rens dump truck" are still must haves on the table as well, I suspect.

What I would like to see:

N-1 Starfighter for Rebels (With Leia, Shara Bey, and the Queen of Naboo at the time as pilots - an all female unique squad selection which we almost got with the ARC-170. And yes, this would be the second Shara Bey pilot card).
Tie Avenger for Empire (because).
Wookie Auzituck for Scum (even though it doesn't really fit... being an anti-slaver ship.)

What I expect:
T-65 from Rogue One
Tie Fighter from Rogue One
Something far less cool than the Auzituck.

The problem with the TIE striker and U-wing is that they aren't star fighters. As far as we know the TIE striker is an atmospheric fighter, and the U-wing is a troop transport of sorts, like the landing craft from TFA. 

My Wave X predictions: 

Rogue one themed X-wing(Alt paint scheme)? (not expecting it, but I can always dream)

Rebels Tv show ships (B-wing proto Maybe, expecting whatever Hondo or Darth Maul use for a ship in the new season. Although I Hope that they re-introduce lando at some point with the Lady Luck. (Although I'll admit I'm not that big a fan of the old Lady luck EU model, so as long as the ship has the same name, and same principle idea of why lando wanted her, I'm game.))

After the Rebel ARC-170 i'm expecting the imperial V-wing. Or anything else pre-quel era.

Gunboat: always hope. Fanbase is strong for this ship. FFG does actually listen to their community on suggestions from time to time. IV gives me hope there not burying the EU fully.

Resistance B-wing scrap transport and "Kylo Rens dump truck" are still must haves on the table as well, I suspect.

Just for the record, the SoroSuub 3000 is still canon, and Hondo flew one back in Clone Wars. So they might very well kill two birds with one stone by doing Hondo and a scum version of Lando in the same expansion. And I wouldn't put it past Rebels to actually have Lando end up with Hondo's old ship and rename it "Lady Luck".

Imperial V-wing is very possible, and actually so is Imperial ARC-170. V-wing might be more likely of the two, since they could include a younger Tarkin as a pilot.

What I would like to see:

N-1 Starfighter for Rebels (With Leia, Shara Bey, and the Queen of Naboo at the time as pilots - an all female unique squad selection which we almost got with the ARC-170. And yes, this would be the second Shara Bey pilot card).

Tie Avenger for Empire (because).

Wookie Auzituck for Scum (even though it doesn't really fit... being an anti-slaver ship.)

What I expect:

T-65 from Rogue One

Tie Fighter from Rogue One

Something far less cool than the Auzituck.

If they do the N-1, I hope they give that version of Shara a higher pilot skill. PS6 in the ARC seems a little low to me (she's referred to as having gotten 15 kills in a single battle prior to her comic book appearance, after all), and it totally makes sense that she'd be better in a small, agile fighter since her ship of choice in canon is the A-wing. Then again, the idea of different PS in different ships might be somewhere FFG just doesn't want to go.

At any rate, I'm guessing from Rogue One we'll be getting the U-wing and TIE Striker, and probably there will be a "Rebel Veterans" (or the equivalent) that includes a T-65 and pilots from Rogue One.

Having kept up with all the new books, cartoons, and comic books; I think there is a wealth of new materials there.

I agree with KraytDragon, I'm expecting an all unique, all female pilot N-1 group.  The game has been around way too long and Leia NEEDS a pilot card already!

I'm also expecting Sana Starros and her "Volt Cobra" along with Dr. Aphra and he "Ark Angel" (I doubt we get both of these in one Wave.)

The game designers seem to be on a kick that promotes jousting lately.  The Prototype B-wing would give Hera another ship to pilot.

Be interesting to see how they'd balance the prototype B-wing's composite laser, since as seen in canon it could one-shot anything in the game. And the "fries the hyperdrive" drawback doesn't translate into the game, since hyperdrives aren't used. On the other hand, the composite laser seems to require a difficult, slow aiming process, which is something that could be implemented in the game and would mean you have to keep the B-wing from being shot down before it gets a chance to fire.

If Thrawn doesn't have a squad of Missile/Gunboats in Rebels Season 3, do we riot?

Prepare to riot.

I hate saying never... but I would bet the mortgage that Disney NEVER makes Thrawn canon.  That opens up a can of worms that they just went to lengths to seal.