Sign in to follow this  
FTS Gecko

Wave X Predictions

I predict that the EU/Legends is dead.  With the amount of new stuff brought to us by Rebels, and with Rogue One around the corner, we aren't going to see anything new from the EU for a long.... long.... time, if ever.  

We MIGHT see a "Rebel Veterans" that does something for the E-Wing.  Any "fixes" for the X or Y will be part of Rogue One-centered releases.

I think we can forget about Skiprays, Cloakshapes, Gunboats, Tie Oppressors, Tie Aggressors, Tie Avengers, Tie Raptors, Chiss Clawcraft, Baudo-Class yachts, CorSec livery T-65s, or Action VI transports, unless they are re-canonized in an upcoming video game or novel.

Tie Striker, U-Wing and Upsilon Shuttles are absolutely in the pipeline. Beyond that is only speculation.  Rebels season 3 is coming.  The Mirrorbright from Bloodline could be an interesting ship, but nobody has produced an image of it yet.

My best guess is that if Disney requires them to have a Force-Friday release, we will get a new core set based around the U-Wing and Tie Striker. 

is everything that was released today part of new `canon`? 

none of it is old EU right?

so...yeah.....it will be all modern stuff going forward. 

I don`t think there was anything left in the older material that i personally would get excited over. clawcraft perhaps. But I suppose going forward I`ll have to find reasons to get excited about new material. I probably won`t have to push too hard to find SOMETHING in each release comming to find interesting.

wave X....hmm.....i`m in the 3 ships camp. and they will all be something from the t.v. show or new movies or new comics and books.since I am not into any of them really then it doesnt matter to me what they release.

In all seriousness we can begin to theorize and narrow down the options for wave 10.

First of all, do we think waves will just be 3 ships now? One of each Rebel, Imperial, Scum?

(edit: I see others are thinking this too, how interesting)

Most likely new ships are rogue squadron stuff.

U-wing

Tie Striker

Neither design is very compelling. Hopefully seeing them do killer maneuvers in the movie will help. Possibly FFG can work their magic with a nice paint scheme.

The most unknown ship is for Scum. My initial thought is a 4-attack primary ship. Scum don't have one. Perhaps they will still make the Scurgg, though I now think Shadow Caster has taken its place.

What will Scums 4-attack wave 10 ship be??

Before wave 10 happens, I dream about a triple scum aces pack with Syck, Kihraxz, and Starviper buffs.

The only thing that will get me to fly rebels again would be a Rogue Squadron T-65 pack.

I think we all want a viable 4 X-wing list. It would be so inspiring to see on the table.

Edited by Dengar5

According to certain sources of dubious quality, the XG-1, Rebel Transport, and something involving the StarViper is Wave 10.

That would be terrific! (if only true)

I really hope these waves are made much earlier than the release so the ships from Rogue One show up only after the Wave X.

My hopes for Wave X:

- Assault Gunboat (Imperial)

- Wookiee Anti-Slaver Gunship (Rebels)

- Upsilon Shuttle (Kylo Ren's) (FO)

- Any Scum small base. Don't care. (S&V)

What we will probably get:

- U-Wing (Rebels)

- TIE Striker (Imperial)

- Any Scum small base. Don't care. (S&V)

- (possible extra) That new Imperial shuttle from Rogue One (Imperial)

Edited by Odanan

I think we can forget about Skiprays, Cloakshapes, Gunboats, Tie Oppressors, Tie Aggressors, Tie Avengers, Tie Raptors, Chiss Clawcraft, Baudo-Class yachts, CorSec livery T-65s, or Action VI transports, unless they are re-canonized in an upcoming video game or novel.

Given how many Legends ships have already been re-canonized, I would expect that the process will continue. The bolded ships are the ones I'd give the highest odds of being brought into canon.