Sign in to follow this  
Panic 217

Quickdraw...

PS9 Tie/SF "Once per round when you lose a shield token you may perform a Primary weapon attack"

for 29 points.

equipped with Rage and PTL this would allow him (up to 3 times maximum [most likely]) to shoot during the action phase (maybe) at an untokened ace.

Thoughts?

Cries for nerf?

Breakfast pics?

Meh. It's a tactic which requires particular placement of obstacles, requires either luck or burning Palpatine's effect for the round, and can be used at most three times (but more likely once or twice). It's interesting because no one else can do it, but I don't know how useful it will really be.

He's traded some beefed up attack power in exchange for a lot less defense. Over the standard f/o, he loses an evade die AND evade action. I'm going to need to see it's movement dial and that new Tech upgrade before I really make an opinion on it. Right now it's kind of like a T-70 with a rear firing arc if you take the 0 point mod that comes with it, but I think it's balanced for the point as of now.

So instead of being a TIE fighter, it's more of a TANK fighter. I'm not sure if I'm a fan. I would honestly rather a version with just 1 shield and have the evade die and action back, but then they'd have to dream up a new pilot ability.

Meh. It's a tactic which requires particular placement of obstacles, requires either luck or burning Palpatine's effect for the round, and can be used at most three times (but more likely once or twice). It's interesting because no one else can do it, but I don't know how useful it will really be.

rage and baffle make it a 31 point ship with rerolls+focus

rage and baffle make it a 31 point ship with rerolls+focus

Yeah, derp. I just figured out why people keep talking about Baffle.

It's not a bad combo, but it's still self-damage, it's still limited by your arc, and it's still pretty hard to use multiple times. And that 31-point ship isn't going to accomplish much once it's shields are gone, since both of those upgrades become tough to use.

We have a new contender for the SS F*** Soontir & Vader. Aces live on giving up the initiative bid for the arc dodge, so having a guy who can reliably get into R1 and fire before that ace has moved will be very useful.

Imperial A-Holes won't really care as much, though. At PS8, they've already done their move and tokened up for the turn.

Looking at the naming of the ship, I am pretty sure that Youngster can share action EPTs with the TIE/sf Fighter. 

only issue with that is... actually fielding youngster.

I don't know, in a list with a TIE/D and PTL Quickdraw, Youngster with Markmanship could have a pretty decent opening round.

Looking at the naming of the ship, I am pretty sure that Youngster can share action EPTs with the TIE/sf Fighter. 

I don't know, in a list with a TIE/D and PTL Quickdraw, Youngster with Markmanship could have a pretty decent opening round.

Crap, Nevermind. The TIE/D can't use it.

We have a new contender for the SS F*** Soontir & Vader. Aces live on giving up the initiative bid for the arc dodge, so having a guy who can reliably get into R1 and fire before that ace has moved will be very useful.

Imperial A-Holes won't really care as much, though. At PS8, they've already done their move and tokened up for the turn.

Unless you adaptility him for PS8 and win initiative!

Crap, Nevermind. The TIE/D can't use it.

if the Tie/D could use it, then maybe. as it stands, nah.

but then how would you get the pre movement shot?

... Then you're not taking PTL, so will have to either take a red move OR hit debris to trigger this ability (via baffle), both of which not become MUCH more difficult to aim.