Sign in to follow this  
Wildhorn

Vector Thrusters, the X-Wing T-65 fix?

There is a card in the Arc-170 that seem to be:

Vector Thrusters: Your action bar gain the Barrel Roll action.

It is a modification. Could it be the so needed T-65 fix? Will be cool on a z-95 too.

EDIT: Screw T-65, Kihraxz will LOVE this!

Edited by Wildhorn

It is a modification. Could it be the so needed T-65 fix?

There's two of them in the fan so that seems to mean they consider it a 'fix' card. It does have the problem of taking the same slot as Integrated Astromech.

I'm looking at it as a different option for ships, you can go with a barrel roll or more survivability.

I've always seen barrel roll as more of a mechanism for blocking than raw survivability, with the exception of course of advanced sensors BR.

It however may wind up pairing well with expert handling giving the jousters the ability to shed target locks without taking stress.

Yeah as a Mod the T-65 isn't going to be the best home for that.

Five Headhunters? YES. Three or four Kihraxzs? BAM.

If you don't have a point for the Astromech, you might take Vectored Thrusters on a T65 or T70.  It's a stretch, but there might be a corner case.  Prototype Pilots got even better, though, and they were already good.  Any mid-priced A-wing except Jake could reasonably drop Autothrusters to get Barrel Roll as an option.  

Z-95s will have a field day. Blocks... Blocks everywhere!

But yea, the X-Wing is unfortunately not the best home for this. 

Possibly, but I think that really depends on a couple of things.

1) it may be a title and not a mod

2) We don't know what the R3 unit does or how much it costs

It may be, but the issue there is why is an X-Wing title in the ARC and not in the Heroes pack? 

true, the R3 unit vary well could be another fix, but I was responding to the Vector thrusters thing. We also don't know what the torpedo is but its apparently its an action.... 

It may be, but the issue there is why is an X-Wing title in the ARC and not in the Heroes pack? 

true, the R3 unit vary well could be another fix, but I was responding to the Vector thrusters thing. We also don't know what the torpedo is but its apparently its an action.... 

Yeah, not disagreeing. It would have to be a non-specific title, which would be a first for these designers, so it isn't likely.

I've waited so long for X-Wings to be competitive again, I will grasp at any possible straw!

A title would do wonders for several jousters, just imagine Talonbane with a barrel roll and missiles + guidance chips!

Yes, I know anything exciting for jousters is instantly met with the "I just smelled a bad fart face" by the designers, so it remains unlikely. I still dare to dream!

Was waiting for other actions to be added via mods, but i dont see how this is a T65 fix. Why would barrelroll alone make them so much better? Their issue is cost not capability.

The big thing about that mod is it gives a LOT of large, turtle ships a barrelroll w/o burning their EPT and getting stressed. Ohh man...i am so putting that thing on a Palpshuttle (assuming it isnt restricted somehow) just to get that WTF?! response outta poeple

edit: ****, small ship only lol

Edited by Vineheart01

no upgrade icon = modification = no integrated astromech = just no

So a card that can help me the entire game is worse than a card that lets me avoid a single damage once?

Yeah it's 0 points, but this slavish devotion to Integrated Astromech never ceases to amaze me.

This is a card needed for awhile. Will make a lot of ships more useful. Zs now have a choice of blockers or ordinance. Khiraxz benefit from this card as well. And the Xwing for sure! I'd gladly give up IA on high PS pilots like Wedge for a barrell roll. Ive been running Wedge with Expert Handling. Now that frees his EPT up for a sweet Adaptability or VI to shoot Whisper first without initiative!

So a card that can help me the entire game is worse than a card that lets me avoid a single damage once?

Yeah it's 0 points, but this slavish devotion to Integrated Astromech never ceases to amaze me.

Nah, you misunderstand his point. Barrel Roll in and of itself is an interesting choice against integrated astromech. He's just saying this isn't the fix, because neither the Barrel Roll or the Integrated Astromech by themselves fix the X-Wing. Together, they may, but if they both occupy the same spot it isn't the fix.

Yeah as a Mod the T-65 isn't going to be the best home for that.

Five Headhunters? YES. Three or four Kihraxzs? BAM.

If you don't have a point for the Astromech, you might take Vectored Thrusters on a T65 or T70.  It's a stretch, but there might be a corner case.  Prototype Pilots got even better, though, and they were already good.  Any mid-priced A-wing except Jake could reasonably drop Autothrusters to get Barrel Roll as an option.  

Considering the likelyhood of Vector Thrusters costing more than one point, I don't think that corner case is applicable. 

Titles don't have icons either though....

Titles don't have icons either though....

You can see small ship only on it. It's not a title.