Sign in to follow this  
Frostthorn

Lets talk about the Fang!

The PS9 dude w/ Title, Autothrusters, and PTL is gonna be what's up. 34 points for a crazy dodgey ship. AT kicks in at range 3 and out of arc, title kicks in at range 1 in arc, and his ability kicks in at all of range 1. Basically the only place you're not guaranteed an evade is in arc range 2. Plus, he gets 5 dice at range 1. Insane. As long as his dial is supportive of PTL, Scum just got a ship to rival Soontir in dodgeyness.

It's a well-protected jouster and dedicated knife-fighter, with the option to arc-dodge, in my eyes.

Everything in it encourages a head-on approach, from known pilot effects to the title (what a badass name, btw). With Autothrusters as an option, we're basically tanking one hit per attack, as long as we're facing our attackers. Amazing desing concept. Boost, Barrel Roll and Tallon Roll = extreme mobility. 2K-Turn, superb. Now we have to see the dial for the final veredict. 

I'm guessing that the generic will come at 21 pts. So, the basic template should be:

Generic Badass (21):

• Autothrusters (2)
  • Concord Dawn Protector (1)

Total: 24 pts

At 24 pts, there's very little competition in its range. BSA w/Crackshot, Tansarii Vet with Mangler Cannon, Freelancer with 1-pt crew and Ion/Unhinged Thug. I'd declare the generic Fang Fighter the winner here.

Kad Solus needs a bit more info. Mainly, his point cost and if he comes with EPT. I'm going to assume 25 pts and YES.

Kad Solus (25):

• Predator (3)
  • Autothrusters (2)

Total: 31 pts

Not much to say. Let those double-focus T-Rolls shine.

Fenn Rau won't be much different. I'm guessing PTL will be a favorite on him, depending on how the Fang's greens are. Once an EPT is settled on him, it's done, much like Soontir. We can all assume he'll almost always figure at 34 pts. Talonbane just got buried alive. R.I.P., mate.

Fenn Rau (28):

• Push The Limit (3)
  • Autothrusters (2)

Total: 34 pts

Pair him with:

Manaroo (27):

• Intimidation (2)
  • K4 Security Droid (3)
  • Unhinged Astromech (1)

Total: 33 pts

And watch them all burn. Can also Mindlink both of them for points and stress economy. Quite excited with this pairing, to be honest.

Edited by K Genesis

This is the ship I'm most excited about. 

star-wars-rebels-protector-of-concord-da

Love mandalorians. Love the ship design. Hopefully I enjoy flying this thing. :D

Anyone interested in the ship should watch the episode of Rebels called The Protector of Concord Dawn.

Oh also if you run just Fangs and a Hound's Tooth you can have Team-Dental.

Edited by RogueLieutenant

I'm going to step out on a limb and guess that ficklegreendice will not be a fan of Fenn Rau.

The torpedo slot is most intriguing with what looks like a "Seismic Torpedo" in the ARC-170 expansion. The description indicates it's an action instead of an attack, so it could be very useful on these guys.

The really interesting thing about this expansion is - while it looks like a BADASS Scum fighter...it only comes with two upgrade cards.  One, a title for this fighter.  And a new EPT that looks like it says "Scum only" on it.

So for folks not really buying into Scum...there is literally no need to buy this expansion.  But if you ARE into Scum....this is a hell of a must-have expansion.

That's...really kind nice of FFG to do it that way!

This ship and Fenn Ram are definitely the best part of wave9. Calling it now. It better have the 1 turn and hopefully it is green like inquisitor for PTL. Better have at least 1 green turn for PTL. Point costs point toward this being true, so that makes us all happy.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say the PS5 guy is 22 points. Fenn Rau is 28, the PS7 should be 26, 24 for the PS6, 22 for the PS5, 20 for the PS3, and 18 for the PS1. That's about the same as the TIE Interceptor, I think.

Getting multiples of this ship. Wonder if you can run 5 of them...

The PS9 is the same price as Talonbane, I'd assume that the PS1 will match the price of the PS1 Khiraxz.

The really interesting thing about this expansion is - while it looks like a BADASS Scum fighter...it only comes with two upgrade cards.  One, a title for this fighter.  And a new EPT that looks like it says "Scum only" on it.

So for folks not really buying into Scum...there is literally no need to buy this expansion.  But if you ARE into Scum....this is a hell of a must-have expansion.

I'm hoping that EPT also stacks nicely on the Scyk.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say the PS5 guy is 22 points. Fenn Rau is 28, the PS7 should be 26, 24 for the PS6, 22 for the PS5, 20 for the PS3, and 18 for the PS1. That's about the same as the TIE Interceptor, I think.

That would be awesome and all but I'm guessing that the PS1 is 20 and the PS5 is 23 like the Khiraxz and that the PS3 is either 21 or 22 depending on whether it has an EPT or not.

18 points is too cheap but I'd love for the base ship to be 19 so that you can fit 5 of them with the title but I'm not holding my breath. 

I'm hoping that EPT also stacks nicely on the Scyk.

It looks like the EPT, Fearless lets you add a [HIT] result when you are at range one in arc of the defender.

Poor Graz the Hunter, this would be a sweet EPT on him. He'd actually be really good in a Fang with an EPT.

Edited by WWHSD