Sign in to follow this  
Knucklesamwich

Imperials get another affordable ace!!! Impressive, most impressive!

Wow! QuickDraw at 29 points with PS 9 and two firing arcs AND multiple attacks! Holy crap, who are we supposed to choose with all these cheap aces running around. Palp has more buddies then he knows what to do with. I can just hear all the rebel players heads exploding. The other ships are neat but the SF tie is AWESOME!!!

Edited by Knucklesamwich

I don't disagree, Quickdraw is awesome, but given that he's 29 points + upgrades, I don't think he's a cheap ace, like the TIE/fos are.

He is in the same area as Soontir and Vader who are considered very affordable for what they bring. From the looks of what is already spoiled QuickDraw looks to be a viable choice for something new.

I don't disagree, Quickdraw is awesome, but given that he's 29 points + upgrades, I don't think he's a cheap ace, like the TIE/fos are.

He is in the same area as Soontir and Vader who are considered very affordable for what they bring. From the looks of what is already spoiled QuickDraw looks to be a viable choice for something new.

Yeah, when you said affordable ace, I thought you meant a cheap ace, like Omega Leader, Zeta Leader etc, - around mid-20 points. Not 33-36 points, like Quickdraw will be. 

accuracy corrector is going to be glued to this ship. Seriously, unless that unreadable sensor slot is insanely good, theres no way accuracy corrector gets beaten out. He only has 2 die, so its literally "did i wiff my roll? nope! good." or "did i wiff my roll? yup...or did i?" - ive been doing the same thing with JukeVader lately and holy crap you abuse that upgrade on a 2die ship lol.

As for an EPT, hmm. I might just slap adrenaline rush on him so i can do a white sloop turn at some point. I could easily see him getting PTL/Engine Mod but then hes getting rather pricy for a 2die ship, even if he is as tanky as a defender (wait what?)

Much like our other TIEs with a random missile, nope never using it. He has 3agi which screams Prockets for a 5die hit but as we all know from Awings or TIE Defenders/Advance, Prockets usually send them to a price range we dont like because it cuts off another ace.

System slot is perfect fcs with his pilot ability.

More like Accuracy Corrector - since you will shoot out of both arcs, it'll be at different targets, so AC is better than FCS

getting that to work in practice is next to impossible

not to mention you don't want to split damage when you could instead just kill something

Wow! QuickDraw at 29 points with PS 9 and two firing arcs AND multiple attacks! Holy crap, who are we supposed to choose with all these cheap aces running around. Palp has more buddies then he knows what to do with. I can just hear all the rebel players heads exploding. The other ships are neat but the SF tie is AWESOME!!!

As a rebel player trying my best to balance this goddam imperial-biased universe, recently seen running a Two-B, One-X list at a regionals event... you can hear my head explode.

Then my gibs explode further, as the rebel ship they give us is a ONE agility ship. Sigh.

i still would prefer accuracy corrector. 3die attacks still wiff alot and none of the other sensors help that anyway. In theory, you could put Fire Control Systems on there to get targetlocks but eh dont feel its that useful on him.

Also Archebombe has a point: he comes with Wired, which is odd for a TIE. All TIEs have very little red, only the bomber/punisher has non-kturn red iirc. He might have some bad turns. In theory you COULD fix that with mk2 engines but.....then we lose the dualshot or 3die shot.

Now that i think about it, i want Intimidation on this guy. More often than not i end up playing bumpercars with one of my ships, usually the Ace since hes in the best position to do it. Cuts his shot down mainly because of bad arcs but it lets me hit the guy that bumped him really good. Intimidation helps that mentality more AND this guy has a rear arc so i can possibly still get a shot on another ship.

Also derp, he has 2 agi not 3. That...makes me cautious and questioning his pricetag. 3x that of a TIE shmuck and only has a rear arc and 3 shields as a perk...hmm...

System slot is perfect fcs with his pilot ability.

More like Accuracy Corrector - since you will shoot out of both arcs, it'll be at different targets, so AC is better than FCS

Really?  I thinks is more like when the stars aling  and cthulhu will raise. If I  have problems to keep the firespray line of fire with the 2 arcs I can´t imagine to do the maths to have 2 objetives at the same time.

And come on!!! where is the boost action!!!

When Poe flight one of these he said something like:

Woah! I always wanted to fly one of these!!! is super fast!!! 

not

Pfffff, piece of slow crap, bring me again my t75.

PD: GUNBOAAATTTTT

Looks cool, but two evade dice, no evade action, I think he'll die fast even with the emperor floating around.

Doesn't have the defensive capabilities as some other ships.

Not overly cheap either

Time will tell if he'll be any good or not

Much like our other TIEs with a random missile, nope never using it. He has 3agi which screams Prockets for a 5die hit but as we all know from Awings or TIE Defenders/Advance, Prockets usually send them to a price range we dont like because it cuts off another ace.

Correction

He only has two agility, so no 5 dice prockets

Edited by Krynn007

Yeah i noticed that. And the no evade action.

This guy should be 24pts not 29pts. With 2 dice and no evade and no crew/droid/illicit slots for keeping-alive shenanigans this guy is going to die quick. Only way i can think of to improve it is having someone with Fleet Officer around to make sure he always has a focus token (or multiples). Especially if you wanna try and abuse Marksmanship for his 2-3 attacks or Expose to just go all out glass cannon lol

title gives you 3 dice out the front

3 dice >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2 dice

not to mention you have to pay for AC, unlike ye ole advance

There's no reason to think FCS won't be a good choice especially if points are at a premium but there's no way if I have a spare point that AC isn't going on this guy. Two attack with a certainty of rolling two hits is going to be nice. This guy will be a beast in epic also with ship all over the board. Edited by Knucklesamwich

Yeah i noticed that. And the no evade action.

This guy should be 24pts not 29pts. With 2 dice and no evade and no crew/droid/illicit slots for keeping-alive shenanigans this guy is going to die quick. Only way i can think of to improve it is having someone with Fleet Officer around to make sure he always has a focus token (or multiples). Especially if you wanna try and abuse Marksmanship for his 2-3 attacks or Expose to just go all out glass cannon lol

I just don't see that. I have wanted a small base ship with a rear arc since the firespray came out. And one that has the possibility of a quality tie fighter dial should be a blast. AC makes pulling reds not a problem so you will be using that secondary arc to fire after blasting past you opponent then red k or sloop while maintaining your offensive power. Those of us who have used firespray a lot will feel right at home with this baby.

I think he's basically an Imperial Wedge, he's got great offense, but you don't want to put too many points into him, because he's got nothing to defend himself with. 

I reckon he's probably best just with AC and leave it at that. But then he's 32 points and you could have had the Inquisitor for 1 less...

I think Quickdraw's ability is pretty 'Meh', considering that imperials are unable to regen shields. With 2 agility and no evade action, you will use its ability only once or twice per entire match. Not overly impressed at all.

Edited by Jehan Menasis