Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

Ig88 Crew?!

I agree that leaving off the letter is most plausible. You won't be able to fit more than 3 in a list anyway, so that "blank" IG-88 crew can easily be one of the droids that aren't currently in play.

The only hiccup you run into is in epic games where you suddenly have 5 IG-88s which breaks lore slightly, but I would just pretend the crew is IG-72 (which has its own lore problems, but whatever).

In the article it says you can upgrade a ship to gain the effects of other IG-2000's in your squad, so yeah that's pretty sweet!  Oh how can this break the game?

Manaroo is going to be able to give away evade tokens if you pair her with IG-C + and engine upgrade. She can also give a focus or lock if you have PTL on her. Not gamebreaking, but that IG is gonna be hard to kill. 

Oh wow that's pretty sweet. Manaroo + PTL + EU + recspec and an IG88C could give the IG88 two focus, two evades and possibly a TL. That would make the IG **** near unkillable.

A Moralo YV-666 with IG and Bossk crew paired with IG88-B finally doesn't need to equip the Gunner card anymore :D don't know how useful that is but definitely interesting. oh the endless possibilities, what a joy! :D

Especially if IG88 crew is 0 points...!

Ah yeah, my old fun-but-not-that-great IGB and Kath/Boba list got a little boost. Kath/Boba could now cannon, or primary from either arc, whiff, then cannon from the primary arc at the same/diff target for (hopefully) less points than gunner.

Kinda? You get a cheap gunner option front arc only but you're passing up Dengar crew or similar. 

There are only 4 IG-88's A to D, D's ability would not benefit any (current) scum ship.

Why break the lore when you can just call it IG-88D and not affect anything?

Because in Epic you could run 4 IGs + a firespray or YV666 with ig88 crew and an engine upgrade and get A-Cs abilities on 5 ships!

There are only 4 IG-88's A to D, D's ability would not benefit any (current) scum ship.

Because we don't know this ship's dial. It may well have that Sloop.

Because in Epic you could run 4 IGs + a firespray or YV666 with ig88 crew and an engine upgrade and get A-Cs abilities on 5 ships!

You might find that the IG crew is unique and you cannot run an IG pilot if you have an IG crew card. 

You might find that the IG crew is unique and you cannot run an IG pilot if you have an IG crew card. 

The crew card IS unique.  The question is whether it's just IG-88 (in which case you could run it alongside all 4 pilots), or if it's a specific IG-88(Letter), so it stops you from using one of the pilots.

I was just giving a reason why people want it to not be one of the 4 named pilots we have.

It could be OP but I am sure the card only works 1 way so it is not the same as the title which will gives 2 ships  an additional ability.

But for Epic now can you imagine a Jumpmaster5k or a YV-666 with all 4 IG-88 abilities?

Read IG88D's card, it says you may execute a 3 speed segnor using the turn instead of the bank template. Guess what, D gives the ship with IGGY Crew the ability to do segnor loops! (As a white maneuver i assume). It doesn't say anything about needing 3 speed segnor on your dial.

Although I doubt that's what FFG will say about it. Just thought I would point out a very silly possibility.

Read IG88D's card, it says you may execute a 3 speed segnor using the turn instead of the bank template. Guess what, D gives the ship with IGGY Crew the ability to do segnor loops! (As a white maneuver i assume). It doesn't say anything about needing 3 speed segnor on your dial.

Although I doubt that's what FFG will say about it. Just thought I would point out a very silly possibility.

IG D doesn't give you the ability to perform a stegnor's loop.  It just lets you use the turns instead of hte banks if you already dialed one in.

And the Jumpmaster DOES have stegnor's loops on it's dial, so it would work with IG-D's ability (the ability doesn't specify speed 3 sloop)

Edit: Nevermind.  The squad builder I was looking at was missing the critical (3) part of the sloop in his ability.

Edited by VanderLegion

A Moralo YV-666 with IG and Bossk crew paired with IG88-B finally doesn't need to equip the Gunner card anymore :D don't know how useful that is but definitely interesting. oh the endless possibilities, what a joy! :D

Actually, Moralo YV-666 with Gunner, a cannon, IG-88 crew and IG-88 B as wingman can fire up to 3 shots: cannon, cannon, primary. If you manage to get a phantom or interceptor in your firing arc, you might need all these shots. In most scenarios it would be a waste of points, though. Just fascinated by the idea of shooting three times...

Oh wow that's pretty sweet. Manaroo + PTL + EU + recspec and an IG88C could give the IG88 two focus, two evades and possibly a TL. That would make the IG **** near unkillable.

Alas, the IG would take up the crew spot, so no RecSpec. Still a really interesting combo. IG88-C with Lone Wolf, Autothrusters, Glitterstim & Sensor Jammer + 2 evades would completely shrug off all but the heaviest of focus fire. It would be able to shoot back fully modified too with a HLC if Manaroo passed a TL. Would be a lot of fun.

Edited by Bonza

IG D doesn't give you the ability to perform a stegnor's loop.  It just lets you use the turns instead of hte banks if you already dialed one in.

Look at the wording on the D pilot card. You 'may' execute a 3 speed segnor using the turn template. I'm sure FFG did not intend it but if you do what the card says (and not what it doesn't say) then IG crew will give his ship segnors with 3 speed turn templates, and possibly regular 3 speed segnors.

Although it's far more likely that they intended this to work with the new scum ship which more tHan likely has 3 speed segnors already.

Look at the wording on the D pilot card. You 'may' execute a 3 speed segnor using the turn template. I'm sure FFG did not intend it but if you do what the card says (and not what it doesn't say) then IG crew will give his ship segnors with 3 speed turn templates, and possibly regular 3 speed segnors.

Although it's far more likely that they intended this to work with the new scum ship which more tHan likely has 3 speed segnors already.

The card says you may do x using y. If doesn't give you permission to do x, it only modifies how you do x.

Executing a manouver involves revealing a dial. How are you going to reveal the 3 sloop to begin with? No 3 sloop reveal, no ability trigger. Simple.

Saying a random ship can suddenly start doing sloops just because of this card is a huge old stretch.

I'm not sure how the IG-88 crew card would work if his ability is just that he lets your Lancer share the ability of any Agressor/IG2000 in your list. IG-88A isn't a problem, but the new Lancer scum ship doesn't have the cannon upgrade slot so you can't use the IG-88B ability. We don't know the Lancer's maneuver dial yet, but if the Lancer doesn't have a 3 S-loop then it can't share the IG-88D ability either. You will be able to use the IG-88C ability if you add engine upgrade to the Lancer, but then you'd be forced to take the engine upgrade.

I suspect the IG-88 crew card will see more use on other scum ships.

What if the IG-88 crew has its own mechanic that it passes off to the IG-2000, not the other way around.

All this theory about using the IG-88D's Pilot ability from the ship would be moot.

I'm thinking there may be something more to the crew than we can see.

IG-88A - Plausible

IG-88B - No cannon to trigger on the Caster

IG-88C - No Boost to trigger the Evade

IG-88D - Unlikely that the Caster has an SLoop-3, it doesn't do any such thing in the TV show that I am aware of.

Edited by Kael Hate

I'm not sure how the IG-88 crew card would work if his ability is just that he lets your Lancer share the ability of any Agressor/IG2000 in your list. IG-88A isn't a problem, but the new Lancer scum ship doesn't have the cannon upgrade slot so you can't use the IG-88B ability. We don't know the Lancer's maneuver dial yet, but if the Lancer doesn't have a 3 S-loop then it can't share the IG-88D ability either. You will be able to use the IG-88C ability if you add engine upgrade to the Lancer, but then you'd be forced to take the engine upgrade.

I suspect the IG-88 crew card will see more use on other scum ships.

I mean, it's clearly fodder for the Party Bus. But it'd be pretty brilliant to package the card with a ship that can only naturally benefit from the abilities of the two least played IG's (if the Lancer has 3 Segnor's).