Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

Ig88 Crew?!

But will your Aggressor get the pilot ability of whatever ship IG88 crew card is on is the real question.  Like could you drop bombs from your Aggressor with your 3-templates when paired with Emon? :)

Because you could pair with Palob and steal "all the tokens"!

Edited by piznit

I don't know, Iggy-D with Dengar is a fairly maneuverable combo, and it benefits Dengar trying to get a target into his arc for his ability since its a reactive decision. Throw PTL on and those white s-loops could be abused pretty nicely.

I don't know, Iggy-D with Dengar is a fairly maneuverable combo, and it benefits Dengar trying to get a target into his arc for his ability since its a reactive decision. Throw PTL on and those white s-loops could be abused pretty nicely.

Sadly, that won't work.  IG-88D specifies three speed segnor's loops, and the Jumpmaster only has 2 speed options.

Using IG-D as the crew makes sense because his ability can't be conferred to any other existing ship.

I think the crew will have no designation because his multiple copies was a secret he went to murderous lengths to conceal.

In the article it says you can upgrade a ship to gain the effects of other IG-2000's in your squad, so yeah that's pretty sweet! Oh how can this break the game?

you really can't

apart from maybe Moralo, there's no one who can abuse IG-88b's effect better than an aggressors (Even moralo's just a bad aggressor though)

which is why it's kinda bunk because no ship uses IG-88b's ability better another aggressor

and not flying ig-88b isn't really an option

Wrong, Manaroo with IG-88C with either PTL on Manaroo or AM on both will make for some nice focus/evade passable token stacks and Manaroo gets a focus back for passing hers with AM.

Edited by charlesanakin

In the article it says you can upgrade a ship to gain the effects of other IG-2000's in your squad, so yeah that's pretty sweet! Oh how can this break the game?

you really can't

apart from maybe Moralo, there's no one who can abuse IG-88b's effect better than an aggressors (Even moralo's just a bad aggressor though)

which is why it's kinda bunk because no ship uses IG-88b's ability better another aggressor

Wrong, Manaroo with IG-88C. You could have a boost and then evade and focus token stack every turn on both ships with PTL (Manaroo) using AM. Yeah, Soontir Fel says, "that's pretty good".

You wouldn't have it on both ship , though, would you?  At start of combat, one would pass all the focus and evades to the other, then the second would pass ALL the tokens back to the first.

you really can't

Wrong, Manaroo with IG-88C. You could have a boost and then evade and focus token stack every turn on both ships with PTL (Manaroo) using AM. Yeah, Soontir Fel says, "that's pretty good".

You wouldn't have it on both ship , though, would you? At start of combat, one would pass all the focus and evades to the other, then the second would pass ALL the tokens back to the first.
With AM you'd end up with Focus, focus, evade on IG and focus on Manaroo. IG focuses, passes focus to Manaroo with AM, Manaroo Boosts, gets free evade, then passes Evade and Focus to IGB (IGB now has his focus and focus evade passed by Manaroo) then Manaroo gets a focus through AM because she no longer has one. You could also have IG with two evades and both ships boosted. If Manaroo gets an action you can end up every time with two focus on IG and one on Manaroo. Edited by charlesanakin

The question now is... will it also gives to the other IGs the pilot ability which has the IG-88 crew card?  :o  :o  :o

My money is on no, It's harder to limit the impact of all current and future pilot abilities on ships with crew slots than it is to make sure that no ship with crew becomes broken with one of the IG-88 abilities. 

IG-88C is a pretty awesome standalone fighter, I should say.

And its' effect on a boosting Palob? Hell, yeah.

Yeah. 88B is the no brainer because he works so well with cannons. If you were able to grant 88A or 88C's pilot ability to other ships, they'd be a lot more tempting to use in a fleet, even without cannons. They still have Systems, EPT, Illicit, Bomb and Autothrusters with a killer dial.

Oh dear god. PTL Manaroo with 88C's ability and an R4. Focus, boost, evade, and pass off to their friend. Have fun trying to kill 88C when he has two focus tokens and two evade tokens paired with Autothrusters.

It has to be IG-88D as the crew as there is no point putting its ability on another ship but a case could be made for the other 3.

Kris

I'm afraid I'm not quite sure what you mean.

IG-88D's ability is to use the hard turn instead of the bank for his 3-speed S-loop.  The only other crewable Scum ship with an S-loop is the Jumpmaster, and it's a 2-speed.  It couldn't possibly benefit from D's ability.  So it makes sense for D to be the crew card version of IG-88.

Yeah. 88B is the no brainer because he works so well with cannons. If you were able to grant 88A or 88C's pilot ability to other ships, they'd be a lot more tempting to use in a fleet, even without cannons. They still have Systems, EPT, Illicit, Bomb and Autothrusters with a killer dial.

Oh dear god. PTL Manaroo with 88C's ability and an R4. Focus, boost, evade, and pass off to their friend. Have fun trying to kill 88C when he has two focus tokens and two evade tokens paired with Autothrusters.

You'd need to put Engine Upgrade on Manaroo as well. What's the point of R4, it doesn't seem to be doing much here. If Manaroo is passing tokens to IG-88C she's never going to have a focus token to spend.  

You'd need to put Engine Upgrade on Manaroo as well. What's the point of R4, it doesn't seem to be doing much here. If Manaroo is passing tokens to IG-88C she's never going to have a focus token to spend.  

I confused the R4 Agromech with the Unhinged Astromech. She wants the green 3s to zip around the board, clearing stress for further boosts so she can keep passing focus and evade tokens to her partner.

It has to be IG-88D as the crew as there is no point putting its ability on another ship but a case could be made for the other 3.

Kris

IG-88D's ability is to use the hard turn instead of the bank for his 3-speed S-loop.  The only other crewable Scum ship with an S-loop is the Jumpmaster, and it's a 2-speed.  It couldn't possibly benefit from D's ability.  So it makes sense for D to be the crew card version of IG-88.

The preview said you'd get

Kris

that's contrary to what the article said.

you really can't

Moralo can take the Bossk and Zuckuss crew cards

Edited by Princezilla

Points in favor of it being IG-88:

+ Great deal of flexibility.

- Would let you run 5x "IG-88s" in Epic, which would feel weird.

Points in favor of it being IG-88B:

+ His gunner effect is worth 5pts; the other ships are much more in the ~2pt range, so pricing would be easier.

+ IG-88B was the canon 'bounty hunting' droid; the others were engaged on his secretive projects.

- Cuts out the most powerful ship from being paired with.

+ ... Then again, maybe that's entirely deliberate.

So yeah, I'm going to place my money on the crew card being called IG-88B.

We'll find out soon enough.

Edited by Reiver

Kris

The preview said you'd get

Kris

that's contrary to what the article said.

No, that's not contrary to what the article said. There isn't currently a Sum ship other than the Aggressor that could possibly use IG-88D's ability. To use IG-88sD ability you need a Scum ship with both a 3 S-Loop and a crew slot.  There currently isn't one. That means that if there is one IG-88 that people wouldn't mind not being able to field as a pilot, it would probably be IG-88D. 

I'm guessing that they'll just leave off the letter.