Sign in to follow this  
SmartCookie

Wave 9 Revealed!

anyone else see the issue with shadow caster?

It says Sabine is a pilot & shows you her card... yet that card is NOT in the spread next to the model

Yeah, I saw that. Very strange.

It's not at all the first time card fans have included things that don't make it into the final package.

Excuse me while I die of excitement.

Holy butts, there isn't a throw away a ship in this wave. All of those ships I can see myself using. The Arc? Stress support with an Alpha strike by giving TLs.

(Also seemingly a mod that adds BR, meet my YV666?)

Tie SF?? Running this with F/O, love the versatility of its title.

The Fang is just insane, plain and simple, Fenn is a killer and doesn't care, I'm going to give him all the actions.

Then the Shadow caster's primary tractor business is bonkers.

I think the Black Sun Slicer is interesting me for more info though

Edited by CheapCreep

Ok, here's everything I can read:

Norra Wexley (ARC pilot): When attacking or defending, you may spend a target lock you have on the enemy ship to add 1 [focus] result to your roll.

Tail Gunner (Crew): Limited. 2 points. Something about your auxiliary firing arc (BUMP FOR FIRESPRAYS!?!?)

Vectoring Thrusters: Small ship only. Modification. Your action bar gains the [barrel roll] action icon.

Se... Tor...: Torpedo. "Action:" to fire!?!?

"Quickdraw" (TIE): Once per round, when you lose a shield token, you may perform a primary weapon attack. (Surprise your enemies by flying over asteroids!?!?)

Collision Detector: Sensor upgrade. Something about barrel rolls and CAN overlap something.

Sensor Cluster: Tech upgrade. When defending, spend something (TL?) to change some kind of results to other results.

Kad Solus (Fang): After you execute a red maneuver, assign 2 focus tokens to your ship. PS6 Scum Soontir Fel.

Concord Dawn Protector (Fang Title): When defending, if you are inside the attacker's firing arc, and at Range 1, and the attacker is inside your firing arc, add 1 [evade] result. (For best results, combine with Autothrusters.)

Fearless(ness?) (EPT): Something about attacking a ship inside your firing arc, probably also inside the defender's arc, something about (add?) 1 [hit] result.

Ketsu Onyo (Pursuit Craft): At the start of the combat phase, you may choose a ship at range 1. If it is inside your primary AND mobile firing arcs, assign 1 tractor bean token to it.

Black Sun Slicers (?) (Crew): Action: Choose an enemy, something about [hit] or [crit] (roll?).

IG-? (Cew): Unique.

Latts Razzi (Crew): When defending, you may remove 1 stress token... (if from yourself, perma-parked YV-666s!?!?).

Rigged Cargo Hold (Illicit): Drops the pile-o-garbage token (perfect for Han with the Smuggler's Compartment modification so he can drop his cargo at the first sign of Imperial trouble!?!?).

Gyroscopic Targeting: Pursuit Craft only. Modification. Something to do with your mobile firing arc "at the start of some phase".

Shadow Caster (Pursuit Craft Title): 3 points. After you perform an attack that hits, if the defender is inside your mobile firing arc and at range 1-2, you may assign the defender 1 tractor bean token.

Anything in here seem like a "direct counter" to u-boats like Alex Davey said there was going to be? Might not be something so obvious from blurry slides.

Maybe the debris pooping Shadowcaster will wreck long range shots somehow?

I kinda can't believe the leak was accurate for once. Hm.

Definitely feeling the Small Aux Arcs. Those are going to be kickass.

Can't wait to see the TIE/sf dial. I like the 2AGI and Spec Ops title giving it basically a T-70 statline but with a possible pair of attacks!

Not...thrilled they went with the ARC-170 but I think it will be a great addition. The Alliance Overhaul is an elegant way to address the statline concerns I would've had with a Clone Wars era superiority craft. The stats look right and yet it will perform just fine in the game.

Scum looks like they're still sitting pretty though! I'm ridiculously excited for the Mando Fang Fighter; Scum really wanted for something potent and Autothruster-y a lá squints and TAPs.

Shadow Caster gets a big yes, especially with the new rotating turret dynamic. I'm down. Especially with the retrofitted Millennium Falcon coming around soon.

***GUNBOAT WAVE X***

Shadow Caster changed quite a few things between render of the expansion fan and the Sabine Wren card.
Is Protectorate Starfighter Scum's answer to the TIE Advanced Prototype? Less a jouster than a duelist, it seems.

TIE/SF is interesting. I wonder what Collision Detector does. And no turret! Hooray!

ARC-170 is good to see in the game, although I'm not excited to see the auto-include titles for it and the TIE/SF (why would you ever choose not include them? what's the tradeoff? even IG-2000 and Slave 1/Andrasta have tradeoffs). ARC-Mommies expansion, scheduled for Mother's Day release, 2017.

Yesss i love the ARC-170

Also the rebellion has used clone wars era ships plenty, they already have the y-wing an z-95 you know ...

Plus i believe there is some old eu stuff where the early rebellion uses ARC fighters and even N-1's.

So now the T-65 has *another* ship treading on it's toes and pushing it further into obsolescence. Heck, even the B-Wing has cause to be worried. 9 HP, 3 attack dice from the front and 2 from the rear, and 6 green moves at 1-2 speed?

Rogue One can't come soon enough.

FIX MY BABY FFG PLEASE

I wonder if the shadowcaster is scums answer for epic. 5 ships, all good stats, all with all 4 ig abilities. That just sounds gross.

While true, the Shadowcaster (or any scum crew ship) is not super equipped to make use of the IG-2000 abilities.  All of them need Engine to activate C (though now we know how Manaroo gives away evade tokens), currently only the Jumpmaster gets any use of D, the Firespray and YV-666 get some good use out of B, and everyone can use A.

It is actually a pretty cool design for IG-Crew (Sadly he is unique), and we still don't how many points he is either.      

the t-65 has been thread on by literally everyone, this isn't anything new

not sure enthused about the arc pilots, though. Their abilities (PS 6 and 7) are stupidly situational and difficult to abuse without some serious luck

PS 6 sacrifices her own modifiers

PS 7 sacrifices her own modifier to add a result that needs to be further modified to do anything

basically need to PTL and hope you don't roll blanks

if r5-k6 wasn't such utter dreck, she'd be interesting

Edited by ficklegreendice

ARC-170 is good to see in the game, although I'm not excited to see the auto-include titles for it and the TIE/SF (why would you ever choose not include them? what's the tradeoff? even IG-2000 and Slave 1/Andrasta have tradeoffs). ARC-Mommies expansion, scheduled for Mother's Day release, 2017.

Cos every ship of that type has an ability. The other ways to implement that would be more messy. It's like he IG-2000 title really.

How would you suggest adding a unique piece of rules text to every member of a ship class, without using a title or modification?

So now the T-65 has *another* ship treading on it's toes and pushing it further into obsolescence. Heck, even the B-Wing has cause to be worried. 9 HP, 3 attack dice from the front and 2 from the rear, and 6 green moves at 1-2 speed?

:rolleyes:

9 hit points, sure, but 1 Agility is a drawback compared to the X-wing's 6(ish) hit points on 2 Agility. And the ARC can't be spammed. And the ARC costs more than the X-wing.

ARC 170 totally unnecessary. Why not take those great pilots and save them for the ships they actually flew in an expansion that would be wildly popular? 

Lame. 

However, just my $0.02. 

ARC 170 totally unnecessary. Why not take those great pilots and save them for the ships they actually flew in an expansion that would be wildly popular? 

Lame. 

However, just my $0.02. 

Lame. 

However, just my $0.02. 

Because it doesn't fit their release pattern, because they wan't to add new ships with new stat lines that give more utility with different combinations of upgrades.

Astro + Crew will be fun and I like that the ARC has Poe and Snap's mums.