Sign in to follow this  
SmartCookie

Wave 9 Revealed!

I hope so much this is just the beginning of Prequels / Clone Wars era Ships!

I don't have a problem with that but people will riot lol Not to mention FFG straight lied then when they said no way ever.

Except they NEVER said that.

I'm not trying to start this yet again but have seen others post proof they did. I could be wrong who knows.

If you closely at the Shadow Caster, you'll notice that there is something on top of the base holding the model, like an arrow.  Something tells me that this is the piece that you rotate to show where the mobile firing arc is pointing (maybe you need to pick 1 of 4 arcs).

That's what the 'unknown' symbol is in it's action bar. Which means it takes an action to change your arc, too.

...retrofit this onto old turrets? Maybe?

I don't have a problem with that but people will riot lol Not to mention FFG straight lied then when they said no way ever.

I'm not trying to start this yet again but have seen others post proof they did. I could be wrong who knows.

I don't have the exact quote in front of me either, but it was to the effect of, "not right now, buuuuuuuuuuuuut... never say never, I guess."

Edited by ObiWonka

does the arc have a torp slot?

I want PS 9 bb-8 seismics plz

It doesn't appear as if there are any torpedo upgrade cards in the fan.

Third card in from the left on the bottom row of upgrades. Could be a torpedo, really not sure but the icon looks blobby enough for it.

well we know it has a crew slot, so sabine will be your friend here.

edit... which is what you meant. Dont post without coffee.

Edited by Luke C

What I can make out so far...

Protectorate Starfighter:

3/3/4/0.  PS 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9?  Focus, Target Lock, Barrel Roll, Boost.  There seems to be 6 pilots in this, a first for a Scum expansion.  Tallon Roll reference card included.

ARC-170:

3?/1/6/3.  PS 3, 4, 6, 7.  Focus, Target Lock.  Elite, Astromech, Crew and Torpedo upgrade on the PS 7 named pilot.  Evade token shown, despite no Evade action.  Has auxiliary arc.

Shadow Caster:

3?/2/7/3.  PS 2?, 4, 6?, 7. Focus, Target Lock, Evade and new action.  Mobile firing arc, whatever that is.

TIE/sf:

2?/2/3/3.  PS 3, 5, 7, 9.  Focus, Target Lock, Barrel Roll.  Elite, ?, Missile, Tech upgrades on PS 8 or 9.  Rear auxiliary arc.  Can fire from front and auxiliary firing arcs in same turn?

I'm struggling to make out the upgrade icons, anyone else having any more luck with them?

ARC170 has a card called tail gunner.

ffg really needs to take some lessons in fun :(

As people have pointed out, I could be wrong. They're very blurry pictures and my brain isn't working very well yet this morning.

you haven't seen anyone post proof they did, because they didn't. They said the game's timeline is pointed at the Galactic Civil War and later, and that they wouldn't bring in prequel ships unless they thought they could do something really cool with them.

As people have pointed out, I could be wrong. They're very blurry pictures and my brain isn't working very well yet this morning.

you haven't seen anyone post proof they did, because they didn't. They said the game's timeline is pointed at the Galactic Civil War and later, and that they wouldn't bring in prequel ships unless they thought they could do something really cool with them.

It is an interview with Christian Petersen with TC from worlds 2013 or 14 where he says for now focused on civil war forward, video is on Youtube. They never said never. Plus these ships like many others span multiple eras. Look at the Falcon and Gozanti. 

I don't recall what I read being worded that way but I respect your word Vorpal. You have forgotten more about this game than I will ever know.

Do we think the Arc might have the 4 clones from rebels flying them?

It is interesting that the Rebel faction already has the Attack Shuttle with no generics, and the Vcx with only one. They are running out of resources, only Empire and S&V can afford mass production and fielding :)

uQgtyZC.png

I'm 100% sure it is a torpedo icon, and the name matches [be... Tor...]

Edited by eMeM

I think the Fang Fighter appears to be the most broken at this point.   The named pilot I can see appears to be approx. 22 points for PS 9.  If that is true, that would put the generics at something like 14-15 points.  

Is scum REALLY going to have a swarm ship at 15 points with 3 attack and 3 evade and 4 hull?   Why would ANYONE fly a SYCK or even a z-95 again? 

Now if the primary attack is actually 2, then that is better, but still puts it on par with the syck. 

I'm thinking the Fang is 2 attack, though it's the one in really interested in because it's dial and tricks could make or break it.

It should be 2.   3 attack would feel totally broken at that point cost. 

At 2 attack it'll hopefully be a maneuverable ship, and that'll be it's niche. 

I think the Fang Fighter appears to be the most broken at this point. The named pilot I can see appears to be approx. 22 points for PS 9. If that is true, that would put the generics at something like 14-15 points.

Is scum REALLY going to have a swarm ship at 15 points with 3 attack and 3 evade and 4 hull? Why would ANYONE fly a SYCK or even a z-95 again?

Now if the primary attack is actually 2, then that is better, but still puts it on par with the syck.

You can read a cost from that?! I can't make out anything in that image except that the two numerals are different. Edited by Vorpal Sword

Yes that is what I was thinking too. I have never seen the TV show but from reading up on the internuts it seems that in the show there are a few very old clones sitting around who agree to help the rebellion. I suppose this ship is for them?

I'm thinking the Fang is 2 attack, though it's the one in really interested in because it's dial and tricks could make or break it.

Comes with a not unique title, so I think 2 attack with some tricks up it's sleeves seems right.

Also, is that a systems card on the SF?

No generics. They get four ARCs throughout the entire Rebellion.

The clones seen in Rebels to date are all ex clone troopers, not pilots - although reintroducing surviving pilots is not impossible.

Which will be interesting. Thought progression:

• The last time you had a ship with 'no generics' it was the Attack Shuttle
  • This is because it represents a specific ship (albeit a ship flown by different people at different times) in Rebels
  • One storyline that has not yet featured in Rebels is the 'Incom' storyline - the Rebel Fleet's acquisition of X-wings which have become their 'mainline' fighter by A New Hope and evidently exist (remember the leaked picture of a crashed x-wing on set) by Rogue One.

I wonder if we might not find the ARC-170 making an appearance in Rebels sometime soon?

The TIE/sf looks cool. If they're essentially making it the First Order's "advanced bomber"

At 3 attack with barrel roll, boost, talon roll, if its really so low cost, it would outplay Z95, M3A and the Viper.