Sign in to follow this  
SmartCookie

Wave 9 Revealed!

If Rebels are getting the Arc does that mean Imps will get Droid fighters?

This doesn't make much sense to me...Republic Navy became the Imperial Navy....

No generics. They get four ARCs throughout the entire Rebellion.

This lends to my theory

I hope so much this is just the beginning of Prequels / Clone Wars era Ships!

I don't have a problem with that but people will riot lol Not to mention FFG straight lied then when they said no way ever.

That's half the reason I want them so much!

I see no reason why those who only half love Star Wars should hold the rest of us back ;-p

Anyone else see something interesting about the arc 170 pilot cards?

Instigator.

They're not equating Republic with Rebellion--look at the starbird on the wings. They're actual fighters pressed into service with the Rebellion, apparently.

Instigator.

They're not equating Republic with Rebellion--look at the starbird on the wings. They're actual fighters pressed into service with the Rebellion, apparently.

The early rebellion had a few ARCs. I distinctly remember Kota and his forces using arcs and one other ship exclusively. What was its name again... Ohh yeah the Y-Wing. Now where did that come from again...?

The visible rule card on the Shadow Caster is 'Debris Cloud Tokens'

I'm gonna guess that the mobile firing arc mechanic will be something you have to select which 90° arc to fire from at the start of the activation phase, (probably before revealing dials) as it would be essentially the same as a PWT if you selected sometime in the combat phase.

That tie special forces looks quite expensive at nearly 30 points! Seems to have the durability of a T-70 x-wing and possibly the normal movement dial of a tie/fo? 

Should be nice being able to shoot twice, but it may not be as powerful as many may be thinking as double tab firepower 2 I don't think will be that great. We shall see, but I am excited for the tie/sf  :)

Instigator.

Who are you calling scruffy looking?

The visible rule card on the Shadow Caster is 'Debris Cloud Tokens'

I'm gonna guess that the mobile firing arc mechanic will be something you have to select which 90° arc to fire from at the start of the activation phase, (probably before revealing dials) as it would be essentially the same as a PWT if you selected sometime in the combat phase.

Edit: rule card ninja'd

Edited by Duck of Doom

does the arc have a torp slot?

I want PS 9 bb-8 seismics plz

It doesn't appear as if there are any torpedo upgrade cards in the fan.

Third card in from the left on the bottom row of upgrades. Could be a torpedo, really not sure but the icon looks blobby enough for it.

From Facebook

Little bit of clearing up with photoshop.

SF is 2233 with focus, TL and barrel roll (no evade) and the visible pilot has what looks like an elite, a tech and two unclear upgrades (one might be crew or might be missle, the other might be torps?). The pilots are ps 3 & 5 for generics and 7 and 9 (!) for uniques. Looks like the ps9 is 29 points.
The upgrade card visible is 'something something training' (2 points).

The arc is ?163 (red is unclear). Has focus and TL and the upgrades are unclear, but the elite has 4, one of which looks like tech? So EPT, Astromech, Crew and tech? Looks like the generics are PS 3 & 4 and the elites are 6 & 7. The ps7 is 23 points I think?
Interestingly it comes with an evade token, so expect a pilot ability or upgrade relevant to this.
Upgrade cards visible: 'Tail gunner' (2pts), 'alternate something' (0pts?) and there are two 'ver... thru...' cards which could be vertical thrusters or something? From the included rules card, looks like Tail gunner adds an aux firing arc.

Fang fighter is ?340. Has focus, tl, barrel roll and boost. From the included rules card it can tallion roll.
6 pilot cards! PS 1,3,5,6,7 and...9? I think? Can't make out the points well but it might be 23 points for the ps9. Only two upgrade cards and the ps9 pilot only has two upgrade slots, which I would guess are EPT and illicit? One card reads 'Fearl...' so fearless I guess.

Shadow Caster has two rules cards that I can't make out and don't seem to correspond to any I know right away. Stats seem to be ?273 and it has focus, tl, evade and an action I don't recognise? New action? Pilots are PS ?, 5 6 7 I think? ps7 pilot has 4 upgrade icons.

What I got so far:

Protectorate starfighter:

- 3?Att/3Agi/4Hull/0Sh, Boost, Barrel Roll, Focus, Target Lock

- one upgrade slot (not counting EPT), I'd guess a missile, but it's just a guess

- a lot of pilots, not many upgrades;

- PS 9 Fenn Rau

- PS 7 and PS 6  uniques

- PS 1 and 3 generics, not sure about PS 5

- an EPT upgrade card [Fearless?] 

- a Title upgrade [Concord Dawn Protector/ate?], seems to not be unique

- has a Talon Roll

ARC-170

- ???Att/1Agi/6Hull/3Sh, Focus, Target Lock

- aux arc

- three upgrade slots: crew, astromech, torpedo

- is it me or all the pilots are unique?

- PS 7,6,4,3

Upgrade cards:

- Tail Gunner (cost 2), probably crew

- Alliance Overhaul, ARC-170-only free title [EDIT at the bottom it says something about [eye] result to a [crit] result]

- Rec Spec

- R3 Astromech x2

- Vec... Thrus... [Vectoring Thrusters?], a modification or a title, I guess a mod because there are two copies, x2

- [D... or B... Torpedo] 

- [A...]

Shadow Caster
-???Att/2Agi/7Hull/3Sh Focus, Evade, Target Lock and something that looks like a new action? Possibly related to the "mobile firing arc"
- 3 upgrade slots, one is surely crew
- 2 rule cards, can't decipher them
- PS 7 (Ketsu Onyo?), 6?,4?,2?
- a lot of upgrades, but the cards are so small I'm not able to read anything. I guess the unique title is Shadow Caster.
EDIT the asteroid/garbage/whatever token has rails, which means it will be droppable!

TIE/sf

- ???Att/2Agi/3Hull/3Sh, Focus, Barrel Roll, Target Lock

- aux arc

- three upgrade slots: missile,tech and something else (crew I think)

- is it me or all the pilots are unique?

- PS 9,7 uniques

- PS 5, 3 generics

Upgrade cards:

- Special Forces Training, TIE/sf-only free title

- [C... D...] missile

- [something] tech x2

Edited by eMeM

I think it's time for FFG to release the official preview already...

I honestly never understood how this could be all that "spoilery" I mean we are all going to know what all of the ships are well before we buy them, so what's the difference if we find out a little earlier what will be buying and what we can expect? I know I've been letting people run the defender titles for a while, because why shouldn't I? If we new of the cards we could do some light play testing.

If you closely at the Shadow Caster, you'll notice that there is something on top of the base holding the model, like an arrow.  Something tells me that this is the piece that you rotate to show where the mobile firing arc is pointing (maybe you need to pick 1 of 4 arcs).

This seems like a good idea, I know I would want all of the arcs marked on the base