Sign in to follow this  
SmartCookie

Wave 9 Revealed!

While we are discussing the Fang Fighter, is anyone else a little peeved that the Fang Fighter only has 1 upgrade usable on any other ship? I think whenever FFG releases these 2 upgrade packs, they should make certain that both upgrades have value elsewhere. 

While we are discussing the Fang Fighter, is anyone else a little peeved that the Fang Fighter only has 1 upgrade usable on any other ship? I think whenever FFG releases these 2 upgrade packs, they should make certain that both upgrades have value elsewhere. 

Nope I'm not. I don't particularly want S&V ships.

Maybe Fantasy Flight is in a no-win situation here. If they come out with cards that are usable else where some people are not pleased they are enticed to purchase a ship they don't need or want just for the cards.  On the other hand you're saying a ship with few cards that can be used elsewhere is also disappointing.

Star Viper and Auto-Thusters is a good case in point for cards that can be used else where. People, including me, were disappointed that, at the time, it was the only way to get the upgrade.  Oh well... 

StarViper comes with 2 autothrusters you can use on any ship with boost.  Poeple get pissed they hvae to buy a starviper to get it. Fang Fighter comes with 1 EPT that can be used elsewhere, people are pissed it doesn't have more universal upgrades.  FFG can't win.

The Starviper gets flack because there are ships that cannot be flown competitively without Autothrusters. So to make use of your previous purchases, you had to own a Starviper. Otherwise, you were using the ship in a sub optimal way no matter how you tried to field it. At least that's what the consensus is.

Here I just want to have more options with ships other than the Fang with my purchase. But it's not like the EPTs that come in the Tie Fighter expansion are doing much for me, so it wouldn't be a problem specific to the Fang.

I'm not upset about the expansion though. Just a selfish desire to have more building options. I have high hopes for the ship.

Edited by Kdubb

he Starviper gets flack because there are ships that cannot be flown competitively without Autothrusters. So to make use of your previous purchases, you had to own a Starviper. Otherwise, you were using the ship in a sub optimal way no matter how you tried to field it. At least that's what the consensus is.

Here I just want to have more options with ships other than the Fang with my purchase. But it's not like the EPTs that come in the Tie Fighter expansion are doing much for me, so it wouldn't be a problem specific to the Fang.

I'm not upset about the expansion though. Just a selfish desire to have more building options. I have high hopes for the ship.

That would have been tru no matter what ship autothrusters came with though. You were still going to need the ship it came in

The Starviper gets flack because there are ships that cannot be flown competitively without Autothrusters. So to make use of your previous purchases, you had to own a Starviper. Otherwise, you were using the ship in a sub optimal way no matter how you tried to field it. At least that's what the consensus is.

That would have been tru no matter what ship autothrusters came with though. You were still going to need the ship it came in

I'm confused if this is supposed to be an argumentative point or just an added point? You're correct. Autothrusters had to come with something. But it didn't have to come with just one thing.

Especially now that it's 2, 3 waves later, the fact that the Starviper is still the only way to get autothrusters can be a bit frustrating, especially to imperial or rebel players not looking in to scum. It should have, in my opinion, been released with the T-70 and the TAP as well, and it would have been good to see with the Fang Fighter too. Maybe all 3 would be pushing it, but having more options to get it would be nice. Luckily most lists only need the 2 copies the Starviper provides anyways, so for the majority of players it's a non-issue.

The TAP would have been the 'politest' place - TAP without munitions find it very helpful, and it'd let imperials have an easier place to get them in a useful format.

And you could leave out deadeye. C'mon, it doesn't even synergize with the title!