Sign in to follow this  
SmartCookie

Wave 9 Revealed!

Right on.

Well...ill need to go update myself on some storyline stuff....last I knew the ventress was kind d of a doku partner. I'm unclear about a scrum type of affiliation.

Excuse me whilst I go do some reading at the great wall of wiki.

Yeah, Dooku turned on her, because she kept failing, I think, and she escaped and went bounty hunter.

Not just new wave 9 ships, but my favorite non-original-trilogy ship, and 3 out of 4 ships that upset most of the predictions? Fantastic! I dare say I picked the right time to join the X-wing community!

Wait... Wallet no, stahp, come back...

My wallet just ran away from home...

Anyways, good luck ARC dodging out there everyone!

Not just new wave 9 ships, but my favorite non-original-trilogy ship, and 3 out of 4 ships that upset most of the predictions? Fantastic! I dare say I picked the right time to join the X-wing community!

2 out of 4, I'd say - the Fang had been discussed a lot, as well as the Special Forces TIE. By contrast I'd say that few people were expecting the Shadow Caster or the ARC-170.

2 out of 4, I'd say - the Fang had been discussed a lot, as well as the Special Forces TIE. By contrast I'd say that few people were expecting the Shadow Caster or the ARC-170.

the two discussed are from the two current Star Warses (Rebels and the new trilogy) so it makes sense

we had a few wishing for the Arc, though. Personally wasn't particularly one of them, didn't care either way, but the **** thing is giving the K a run for its money in just sheer goofy awesomeness + wingspan so it'll probably be what I buy the most of :P

Some of my reactions:

The ARC170 will be a great painting base.
TIE/SF, not much interested in FO.
The Fang tactical possibilities might be interesting. A problem is its' look, as Rebels inverted the Scyk, which already exists in this game. Also, judging from the stats spoiled so far, to a slight degree my 5 Khiraxzes and 4 Z95s, but much more my 2 Scyks and 1 Viper look like really sad pandas in comparison.
Shadowcaster. Haven't watched Rebels season 2, no connection to yet another pancake look alike. I understad though FFG releasing it, fans of the series more likely to buy this product.

What is going to happen to EPT expert handling, with the new barrel roll thrusters...depends a lot on point costs.

Edit: Forgot: Disappointed, that there is no small base dedicated Scum bomber (e.g. Scurrg). Maybe next wave.

Edited by Managarmr

I'm not so sure anymore about the Shadowcaster. I've never watched the cartoon and I don't play Scum. So do I really want/need it? I'm just not all that excited by the look, much as I like the new rule for its turret. So....

Well there you go then. You don't need it. I only play rebels, so I don't have any Scum or Imperial stuff. Sure, upgrade cards can be a pain, but I can buy them individually.

What is going to happen to EPT expert handling, with the new barrel roll thrusters...depends a lot on point costs.

Considering I don't think I've ever used or played against anyone using Expert Handling, I'm gonna guess it...won't change anything

Edit: Forgot: Disappointed, that there is no small base dedicated Scum bomber (e.g. Scurrg). Maybe next wave.

Hate to break it to you, but pretty sure the Scurrg won't be a small base ship.  For one thing, it was big enough to rate it's own "squadron" in armada, and beyond that, wookiepedia lists it as 22 meters long, which is firmly large base territory (since we don't have a medium option).  Outrider is 21 meters, punishing one is 20 meters, IG-2000 is 20 meters.

Edited by VanderLegion

I'll play until I get tired of the expansion treadmill, and then stop. It's not like I threatened to Cuisinart a baby.

That, sir, would be the end of your future political aspirations.

In today's USA that would automatically advance you to the November Elections! Have you met Trump!??!?

Why does the Shadowcaster come with two Tactical Jammers?  Alex Davy said it was a pretty useless card not long ago, why would he include two more copies of a card that nobody uses as is?

Not just two tactical jammers, but counter measures and another VI. VI would have been fine, but they just gave out tons of alt-art VI cards. Counter measures is only good if it's a reprint with reduced cost.I'm sure the new scum crew are nice, but the upgrades with this ship seem to be weakest out of all the other large ships.

Alex said there was a counter to alpha stokes in this wave. He didn't say it was a GOOD or COMPETATIVE counter. Both theoretically counter alpha strikes.

Why does the Shadowcaster come with two Tactical Jammers?  Alex Davy said it was a pretty useless card not long ago, why would he include two more copies of a card that nobody uses as is?

I like tactical jammer. Its a good, strategic card.

And how many of them do you need for any given list?  Including them here is baffling.

Are you implying that the second slot should have been Electronic baffle instead?

Considering I don't think I've ever used or played against anyone using Expert Handling, I'm gonna guess it...won't change anything

Hate to break it to you, but pretty sure the Scurrg won't be a small base ship.  For one thing, it was big enough to rate it's own "squadron" in armada, and beyond that, wookiepedia lists it as 22 meters long, which is firmly large base territory (since we don't have a medium option).  Outrider is 21 meters, punishing one is 20 meters, IG-2000 is 20 meters.

Hate to break it to you that the K-wing should have been large based as well. Listed at 16m length, and it is wing spawn is larger than its length.

S&V is drowning in stupid large bases, and provided they are getting a dedicated bomber, it should be small base like the K-wing and the Punishest for BALANCE purposes.

Ahhh...but you have. I ran EH on Psycho Tycho last year, and had it on Talonbane on my initial Scum aces list trying to shave point to from the Engine upgrade.

Edited by balindamood

Ahhh...but you have. I ran EH on Psycho Tycho last year, and had it on Talonbane on my initial Scum aces list trying to shave point to from the Engine upgrade.

I'm not sure I ever FLEW against your psycho tycho, and the only time I flew against your scum aces list was at the store championship where talonbane didn't have EH, so my statement is still true :) (I don't think I ever even knew you tried a version with EH)

Some of my reactions:

The ARC170 will be a great painting base.

TIE/SF, not much interested in FO.

The Fang tactical possibilities might be interesting. A problem is its' look, as Rebels inverted the Scyk, which already exists in this game. Also, judging from the stats spoiled so far, to a slight degree my 5 Khiraxzes and 4 Z95s, but much more my 2 Scyks and 1 Viper look like really sad pandas in comparison.

Shadowcaster. Haven't watched Rebels season 2, no connection to yet another pancake look alike. I understad though FFG releasing it, fans of the series more likely to buy this product.

Your Scyk and StarViper look sad because they are sad. I'm hoping for an aces pack to get them back in the game, myself. Looking at the murderous little Fang, I suspect the way to go on Vipers will be some sort of firepower boost. Make Guri's focus token worth something, and Xizor the fire magnet he's supposed to be, y'know? They've got plenty of durability for the cost.

For small/medium Scum bases, I'm kind of hoping for that crazy double-B-wing. That could be hilarious.

While it's not competitive, barrel rolling HWKs are hilarious ☺

Edit: quoting did not work out correct.

Edited by Managarmr

I'll play until I get tired of the expansion treadmill, and then stop. It's not like I threatened to Cuisinart a baby.

That, sir, would be the end of your future political aspirations.

In today's USA that would automatically advance you to the November Elections! Have you met Trump!??!?

Not just two tactical jammers, but counter measures and another VI. VI would have been fine, but they just gave out tons of alt-art VI cards. Counter measures is only good if it's a reprint with reduced cost.I'm sure the new scum crew are nice, but the upgrades with this ship seem to be weakest out of all the other large ships.

Alex said there was a counter to alpha stokes in this wave. He didn't say it was a GOOD or COMPETATIVE counter. Both theoretically counter alpha strikes.

I like tactical jammer. Its a good, strategic card.

And how many of them do you need for any given list?  Including them here is baffling.

Are you implying that the second slot should have been Electronic baffle instead?

Well at least Electronic Baffle is a good card. It's also a card you can run more than one of.

That said, I'd rather see something new.

...a backwater Imperial garrison that KEEPS the Astro slot (they did use them at some stage, right?)

_

Yes, the Empire canonically used ARCs for at least five years

Actually, I was referring to Astromechs. I thought that in the OT, you see R-model Astromechs on some Imperial stations or capital ships - so are they just "hanger crew", or used in some sort of smaller vessel.

Edited by ABXY

Am I the only one who noticed QuickDraw is better than Wedge in every way and costs the same?

Also seems stronger than Norra Wexley at the same cost (and probably even PS9 Poe at a higher cost), although we haven't seen the dial yet. Might be fast but not as maneuverable as other TIEs, given its lower agility.

Actually, I was referring to Astromechs. I thought that in the OT, you see R-model Astromechs on some Imperial stations or capital ships - so are they just "hanger crew", or used in some sort of smaller vessel.

Well since ARCs use an astromech (as do V-wings, which the Empire used for a similar period of time), yes they did use them as more than just hanger crew prior to fully making the transition to the TIE line.

Am I the only one who noticed QuickDraw is better than Wedge in every way and costs the same?

Also seems stronger than Norra Wexley at the same cost (and probably even PS9 Poe at a higher cost), although we haven't seen the dial yet. Might be fast but not as maneuverable as other TIEs, given its lower agility.

Wedge will always have his ability. Quickdraw is going to be lucky if he is able to use after the first round of combat. 

back·draft

ˈbakdraft/

noun

a current of air or water that flows backward down a chimney, pipe, etc.

a phenomenon in which a fire that has consumed all available oxygen suddenly explodes when more oxygen is made available, typically because a door or window has been opened.

Likely has an ability affecting the secondary arc.