Sign in to follow this  
SmartCookie

Wave 9 Revealed!

Am I the only one who noticed QuickDraw is better than Wedge in every way and costs the same?

Yes,  you are, as they are not even remotely comparable.

Well, they are the exact same cost, so the comparison isn't outrageous.

Upgrade slots and dials aside (which is admittedly a lot to set aside), I can see a lot leaning Quickdraw's way. He has more health... sort of. Integrated Mech effectively gives the same stat line. He also arguably has more tactical usefulness with the title and ability to shoot from an aux arc. The abilities though are tough to compare so to ere on the side of caution in analysis, I would say they are pretty even in usefulness. If we did have the dials to compare as well, I would wager that the Tie/SF also has a better dial, so I can see how someone could think Quickdraw is fully superior to Wedge.

Edited by Kdubb

Agreed on Rebels, not trying to ruffle feathers on people who like the show but I have watched it and don't care for it. Haven't liked any ship from it (including the ghost) and hate the Disney push for this being cannon. That all being said I intend to and will buy any ship in this game because I love this game. Enough with the rebels for a bit though, please.

While I like to blame disney for TFA, they did not push for making this canon, but instead did not push to make this legends as well. They kept TCW as canon and pushed simply for successor series by the same studio and team, which is Rebels. I really wish they would not have been in such a hurry. The Son of Dathomir ark would have been amazing on TCW, but that basic idea that TCW is canon and the extension to Rebels is basically still on GL. Rebels is kind of the original pitch they had for TCW, they just switch to a time in the Rise of the Rebellion era, which fits a lot better to that crew on a freighter theme.

You understand that the reason the Clone Wars was cancelled, was because it was losing LFL money, right? Much like killing Lucasarts was more of a mercy killing than anything vindictive. Rebels has a fraction of TCW's budget.

It was cancelled because it was making money for the Cartoon Network, the competition, and there were legal problems, so they couldn't just switch channels. Disney have Filoni way less budget and demanded the show to have a lighter tone than TCW, which Filoni admitted several times in the interviews (in the Clone Wars we would do this and this, but this is on Disney XD so we couldn't show that).

Agreed on Rebels, not trying to ruffle feathers on people who like the show but I have watched it and don't care for it. Haven't liked any ship from it (including the ghost) and hate the Disney push for this being cannon. That all being said I intend to and will buy any ship in this game because I love this game. Enough with the rebels for a bit though, please.

While I like to blame disney for TFA, they did not push for making this canon, but instead did not push to make this legends as well. They kept TCW as canon and pushed simply for successor series by the same studio and team, which is Rebels. I really wish they would not have been in such a hurry. The Son of Dathomir ark would have been amazing on TCW, but that basic idea that TCW is canon and the extension to Rebels is basically still on GL. Rebels is kind of the original pitch they had for TCW, they just switch to a time in the Rise of the Rebellion era, which fits a lot better to that crew on a freighter theme.

You understand that the reason the Clone Wars was cancelled, was because it was losing LFL money, right? Much like killing Lucasarts was more of a mercy killing than anything vindictive. Rebels has a fraction of TCW's budget.

It was cancelled because it was making money for the Cartoon Network, the competition, and there were legal problems, so they couldn't just switch channels. Disney have Filoni way less budget and demanded the show to have a lighter tone than TCW, which Filoni admitted several times in the interviews (in the Clone Wars we would do this and this, but this is on Disney XD so we couldn't show that).

Speaking of Filoni and Disney pulling the switch from TCW. I hope everyone has noticed that Filoni was able to release lots of the unfinished episodes:

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

With "Crystal Crisis on Utapau" and "Bad Batch" we get another two story arcs and the "Son of Dathomir" comics bringing the planned Darth Maul TCW arc to a conclusion while "Dark Disciple" deals with Ventress change and her relation to Master Vos.

What is unfortunately is missing are the twelve Ahsoka episodes and the Siege of Mandalore. Though with Disney pushing for a new movie every year those episodes would be potential stand-alone movie material. So not all Hope is lost. ;-)

Rear arc, better actions, and more upgrades...not to mention an ability that is no slouch. Unequivocally better.

As it should be. We all know the T-65 is in a bad spot and will eventually get its fix in one way or another.

Bad spot and bad spot... it shines in Epic.

It's like the Khiraxz a generalist. The jack of all trades is the master of none.

But we already have IA, the upcoming Pr Thr (usters?) with an

X-wing pic on it and in this wave the Vec (tor?) Th (rusters), and some unspoiled astromechs in several upcoming products.

Edit typo on mobile

Edited by Managarmr

You're smoking something crazy on that Fang fighter, though - Fenn is Soontir Fel running Hull Upgrade instead of Stealth Device, which (much like Carnor Jax) is the right call for an Interceptor that's got less token-stacking going on than ol' Soontir. And he throws five dice at range one. Did you notice he can pick up Target Locks? So long as they don't gimp the greens like they did on the StarViper (And the comparison to Interceptors and A-wings is telling, I think, so hopefully they're not fools!) this ship is going to be phenomenal.

Fenn Rau is a TIE Interceptor (assuming green turns on the dial) with a hull upgrade as you said, a stealth device (at range 1), and a targeting computer (and still gets an evade at range 1 if he and target are in arc of each other)

And yeah, I went over the Protectorate Starfighter some more in further posts.  It's a great ship that wants to joust but is built like an arc dodger.  As Darth2Face pointed out in a later post, that means the Protectorate Starfighter has the tools to "arc dodge into jousting position" as it were.  That is, it can "un-arc dodge" someone.  It's an interesting ship, but also somewhat fragile.  No shields, wants to be at R1 so enemies get an extra die.  Even for Fenn Rau, the enemy's +1 red die > Fenn's +1 green die (which is why Zuckuss works as a G-1A pilot).  Slinging 5 red dice at R1 is amazing; equal to an R1 Ghost or R1 Zuckuss.  As Talonbane shows us, blowing up immediately afterward is not so amazing.  And yes, I saw the action bar.  Given that they have a Torpedo slot, I would hope that the Protectorate has Target Lock!

You don't "un-arc dodge" people.  You don't joust.  It's just like dengar, you don't fly to take advantage of the title.  You do your best to not get shot in the first place, but if you CAN'T get out of arc, you have the tools to joust when you have to.  You still get your rnage 1 bonus to attack and defense whether you're in arc or not (wihch means against a PWT, if you're in range 1 you have a permanent stealth device + autothrusters)

Re: all this chatter about the ARC title...

...perhaps, somewhere down the track, other factions may be able to field this ship?...

...a S&V scrapyard fit-out, granting an Illicit and Salvaged Astro in exchange for the standard Astro...

...a backwater Imperial garrison that KEEPS the Astro slot (they did use them at some stage, right?)

- - -

(PS - arguably, same cannot be said for the SF title)

Edited by ABXY

Why does the Shadowcaster come with two Tactical Jammers?  Alex Davy said it was a pretty useless card not long ago, why would he include two more copies of a card that nobody uses as is?

I like tactical jammer. Its a good, strategic card.

I see what you did there.

Am I the only one who noticed QuickDraw is better than Wedge in every way and costs the same?

Yes,  you are, as they are not even remotely comparable.

Well, they are the exact same cost, so the comparison isn't outrageous.

Upgrade slots and dials aside (which is admittedly a lot to set aside), I can see a lot leaning Quickdraw's way. He has more health... sort of. Integrated Mech effectively gives the same stat line. He also arguably has more tactical usefulness with the title and ability to shoot from an aux arc. The abilities though are tough to compare so to ere on the side of caution in analysis, I would say they are pretty even in usefulness. If we did have the dials to compare as well, I would wager that the Tie/SF also has a better dial, so I can see how someone could think Quickdraw is fully superior to Wedge.

They're highly comparable. Same price, pilot skill, durability, and they fill essentially the same role in a squad. I wouldn't even guarantee the sf has a much beter dial. Probably just a little faster. The sf seems like a heavy TIE Fighter model based on the statline. So I'd wager fast but clunky, sort of in the vein of the TIE Defender, just maybe not to that extreme.

Re: all this chatter about the ARC title...

...perhaps, somewhere down the track, other factions may be able to field this ship?...

...a S&V scrapyard fit-out, granting an Illicit and Salvaged Astro in exchange for the standard Astro...

...a backwater Imperial garrison that KEEPS the Astro slot (they did use them at some stage, right?)

- - -

(PS - arguably, same cannot be said for the SF title)

Yes, the Empire canonically used ARCs for at least five years: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tarkin_%28novel%29

And I'm all for the idea of the ARC becoming the first all-faction ship.

Woo hoo! Four ARC fighters is my plan. Although Ventress on Shadowcaster sounds great, it should be Sabine's former partner from 'Sisters in Blood' (?). Can't recall her name tbh.

Pictures on Facebook showing the models on display at the UK game expo. Ventress is on the shadow caster

Not seeing this Ventress info anywhere. Are you sure?

Very. I wish sharing pics was easier

The spread got updated on the release page, https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c0/48/c048dc8d-c46e-4e02-ae33-2e8b65404ad4/swx56_layout.png

The PS6 is named Asajj now.

Pictures on Facebook showing the models on display at the UK game expo. Ventress is on the shadow caster

Not seeing this Ventress info anywhere. Are you sure?

Very. I wish sharing pics was easier

The spread got updated on the release page, https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c0/48/c048dc8d-c46e-4e02-ae33-2e8b65404ad4/swx56_layout.png

The PS6 is named Asajj now.

Could be interesting. A scum 'Vader' perhaps?

Right on.

Well...ill need to go update myself on some storyline stuff....last I knew the ventress was kind d of a doku partner. I'm unclear about a scrum type of affiliation.

Excuse me whilst I go do some reading at the great wall of wiki.