Sign in to follow this  
BlueMusketeer28

A certain R5 unit...

Just a random question, am I the only one that wants to see Gate/Mynock, Whistler, Arnie, and some of the other astromechs from the old cannon?

Since when were any of those droids fired from a cannon?

Well Corran isn't a Jedi anymore so that messes with his cannon. Mynock is not really put but he was Wedge's droid during the taking of Coruscant and it seems beyond, but he didn't have him earlier, so he's kind of out... And Wedge's status post episode 7 is up in the air. Arnie was Luke's droid while he was with the Republic and New Jedi Order, which don't exist as we knew it and strictly don't exist respectively.

Just a random question, am I the only one that wants to see Gate/Mynock, Whistler, Arnie, and some of the other astromechs from the old cannon?

I once drew a picture of an R2D2 cannon shooting out a BB-8 because a friend of mine made the same typo

Well Corran isn't a Jedi anymore so that messes with his cannon. Mynock is not really put but he was Wedge's droid during the taking of Coruscant and it seems beyond, but he didn't have him earlier, so he's kind of out... And Wedge's status post episode 7 is up in the air. Arnie was Luke's droid while he was with the Republic and New Jedi Order, which don't exist as we knew it and strictly don't exist respectively.

Why would being a Jedi mess with Corran's cannons on his E-Wing? Isn't he generally the only E-Wing pilot anyone uses, because his Jedi powers let him fire his cannons twice? And what does any of the rest of all that have to do with cannons of any sort? Did any of those droids have pop-out cannons, like R5-P8?

Well Corran isn't a Jedi anymore so that messes with his cannon. 

...did I miss something that made Corran canon, but not a jedi?  Last I checked he hasn't appeared in any of the new canon sources, so he wouldnt be canon period...

...did I miss something that made Corran canon, but not a jedi?  Last I checked he hasn't appeared in any of the new canon sources, so he wouldnt be canon period...

...but we're not talking about canon, but cannon.

That move has Empire written all over it. It would kinda be like the third Pirates movie where they shoot the monkey except it would be a spazzy flaming droid that explodes when it latches to your face. I'm loving it.

Not really, so by old canon Corran was a Rogue and then Jedi. The new canon killed the NJO off more or less (since Luke gave up after Kylo it seems... This would mean regardless of Corran existing in the new lore or not, he couldn't possibly be a Jedi because there's no one to train him.

Not really, so by old canon Corran was a Rogue and then Jedi. The new canon killed the NJO off more or less (since Luke gave up after Kylo it seems... This would mean regardless of Corran existing in the new lore or not, he couldn't possibly be a Jedi because there's no one to train him.

Well it all depends on when Kylo left the Jedi Order and went evil. Luke could have trained a number of Jedi by then...and likely did if given a chance.

So if there was say some sort of way that corran horn and the early EU was brought into the new, then he would very liely be able to have been trained as a Jedi.

Corran joined up with Luke about 8 years after Endor....so Kylo would have been at most 8 years old!!! Too young to become the evil man standing in front of Luke in the vision.

Well... long. long ago in a galaxy far, far away a Rebel Corvette was running low power while being chased by some TIEs; so they grabbed anything they could find to use to put in the cannons to shoot at the TIEs which included those droids.

Having those droids would be nice, but I'd rather see a modified ewok pilot with arm and leg extensions.

So a man-eating teddy bear on stilts?

When you put it that way, it's so ridiculous that I'm surprised it wasn't in the Star Wars Holiday Special.

Having those droids would be nice, but I'd rather see a modified ewok pilot with arm and leg extensions.

When you put it that way, it's so ridiculous that I'm surprised it wasn't in the Star Wars Holiday Special.

:lol:

Well it all depends on when Kylo left the Jedi Order and went evil. Luke could have trained a number of Jedi by then...and likely did if given a chance.

So if there was say some sort of way that corran horn and the early EU was brought into the new, then he would very liely be able to have been trained as a Jedi.

Corran joined up with Luke about 8 years after Endor....so Kylo would have been at most 8 years old!!! Too young to become the evil man standing in front of Luke in the vision.

Corran could have been trained as a Jedi, but he would have been killed by Kylo Ren like the rest of the Jedi, right? That's what I understood from the movie -- that Kylo turned to the Dark Side and killed the rest of the Jedi.

Bea Arthur anyone?

Bea Arthur anyone?

Too OP; please nerf.

Corran could have been trained as a Jedi, but he would have been killed by Kylo Ren like the rest of the Jedi, right? That's what I understood from the movie -- that Kylo turned to the Dark Side and killed the rest of the Jedi.

Unless Corran wasn't picked up as force sensitive, and is still a pilot for the Rebellion Or maybe he is a test pilot for Incom, but also does tours with the Rebellion, kind of like what Chuck Yeager did in WW-2/Korea. He could be working on the E-wing as a successor to the T-70, but it keeps having problems or something.... and he could still be force sensitive, but due to lack of formal jedi training he doesn't realize he has heightened reflexes and awareness, which is part of why he's such a good pilot.

Hnm, not sure if I should be scared or happy that the new canon for Post ROTJ EU characters almost writes itself...

Also yes, I would love to see the other named Astros. It looks like were getting Mynock in HOTR, but as part of the card is cut off, I can't confirm it.