Veeery very nice, mate.  Good crisp lines and strong colours, makes it all really stand out and look finished.  The YT2400's are nice, the yellow acccented one could stand out as Dash with ease, and the HWK's are a unique sight too. Home One feels like something out of Robotech which is a plus for me any way.  I rather like the 'coral snake' majority red CR90 on an aesthetic look. 

My only real suggestion is probably my most common one: have you given thought to sharpie-ing those cardboard token/shield dial rims black to make the whole thing look finished? With such a crsip clean paint job it always seems a little odd looking at nice black stands and cardstock for the tokens. 

Edited by Vykes

My only real suggestion is probably my most common one: have you given thought to sharpie-ing those cardboard token/shield dial rims black to make the whole thing look finished? With such a crsip clean paint job it always seems a little odd looking at nice black stands and cardstock for the tokens. 

Would you believe that I was thinking the same thing? :)

I'd never noticed it that much until I took these photos - it's something I intend to sort out. I'm sure the kids have something I can use!

Thanks for the comments guys :)

I've really enjoyed painting these as opposed to the usual 40K stuff on my desk - there's not nearly as many things and you get a result much faster.

I think Nebulons are my favorite from a design point of view. I've a third one to paint up as Redemption, need to think of a scheme though.

I've really enjoyed painting these as opposed to the usual 40K stuff on my desk - there's not nearly as many things and you get a result much faster.

I think Nebulons are my favorite from a design point of view. I've a third one to paint up as Redemption, need to think of a scheme though.

my favourite ship is the mc30 the colours are lovely and i will be shamlessly copying that colour scheme. What really made me chuckle is the red neb b its exactly the same as one i painted about 6 months ago i didn't post a pic of it online though so it looks like we had the exact same thought process going on there for colour schemes :)

my favourite ship is the mc30 the colours are lovely and i will be shamlessly copying that colour scheme. What really made me chuckle is the red neb b its exactly the same as one i painted about 6 months ago i didn't post a pic of it online though so it looks like we had the exact same thought process going on there for colour schemes :)

<FistBump> Respect :) </FistBump>

Below are the greys I've used most often.

The darker one is "Mechanicus Standard Grey" - not sure if you can get this one anymore, but there's usually a very close match in the current GW range

I put on a coat of this over the base coat (along with the other colours) and then wash it all in Nuln Oil. After that I reapplied the paint and highlighted with the next lighter shade.

I may have made the highlights a little lighter though just to get more of a contrast.

27411132926_c561e00c8c_h.jpg

Edited by Artifixprime

How are you managing such crisp line work with your washes? My attempts just end up all over the flat panels making them a mess and barely shading the cracks.

Awesome models btw :)

Animated space-ships! They look so fresh and pristine, I've never seen anything like them.

Vykes had it right, there is such a strong Robotech vibe going on here. Love. It.

Edit: Drooling so bad over that Home One, sorry!

Edited by onine