Sign in to follow this  
Sciencius

For the 127'th time..lets fix the T-65 X-wing and the E-wing (and also buff the generic: B-wing, G1A-starfighter, Tie Punisher, Tie Phantom)

I knew that title-post could not keep you away..but this is not a troll-post ;) 

X-wing/E-wing fix:

Simple, a total of 4 unique astromechs each by themselves overpowered pr cost, but still priced at the 3-4 pt range (to disallow 4 y’s with TLT).

We already have two good droids already (R2D2, R5P9). I am not a great designer here, but I would love to see astromechs each with one of these capabilities:

1) At the start of the combat phase you may perform a free boost or barrel roll action then assign one stress token (would allow the lowest generic to arc-dodge at highest pilot skill, nasties).

2) Only a single ship may fire at you during the combat phase (so no focus firing from TLTs etc.).

3) All secondary weapons may deal a maximum of 2 damage pr attack, would help mitigate the damage from our new munition overlords. (Biggs would love this Droid...OMG the X-wing and Rebels would be broken).

4) You may reroll any or all evade dies if you are outside the attackers firing arc.  

But also cheap droids who complement some of the mid-range uniqe pilots:

Tarn Mison would like a droid where an attacker fires with one less attack dice if you have a target lock on the attacker. 

And as promised in the title, for the generic: B-wing, G1A-starfighter, Tie Punisher, Tie Phantom’s, (and to further buff the E-wing):

Radar Jammer  1pt

Systems upgrade (small ship only)

When attacked by a secondary missile or torpedo at range 3 add one evade result.

Let the forum hate to this post flow through you  :D

Totally agree! Firesprays are such a liability. They need a fix. Sadly, they have multiple titles already, but they're laughable. 

imperial sprays are just a bit overcosted for their shoddy pilot abilities.

To the developers of this fine and mighty game, this is OLD news. They already did all the fixes and buffs and whatever is broken a long time ago. Just wait for it.

X-wings will be better soon. JumpMasters will have a direct counter soon... and most importantly the Auzituck will be here soon. :)

(For the record it's only the 93rd time)

#1 is interesting. Otherwise...gawd!!! For the 127th time x-wing doesn't need a fix. The extra hull for free is enough! 

Salty Imperial Player.

No it isn't.

Signed, Someone who actually flys X-Wings

Geneic B-Wing is fine... Please tell me that's a joke of a request...

So B-Wings were originally power crept out of the game by Acewings.

TLT Y-Wings pushed them farther out because TLT ships could do a better job of getting shots on Acewings and fat boosting turrets.

As much as I like what Triple U-Boat has done to the game, you can reliably 2 shot B-Wings with Torpedoes.

With the freebie shield from IA and the 2 speed green manuevers you get from R2 units along with the better k-turn on the X-Wing, X-Wings are actually /better/ than B-Wings. They've already been fixed. The problem is that they cannot at all compete with Acewings, as both B/X-Wings lack the action economy or high PS post dial non-skill repositioning BS that ships like Soontir can pull off.

If you block Soontir, with only 4 agility and Palpatine he has a 48% chance of taking no damage ASSUMING you get 3 hits.

Soontir can convert a blank blank focus result on 3 agility dice to 4 evade results with an evade token, autothrusters, Palpatine, and a focus token.

It's no wonder that regular Joustwing ships are no longer played at all when so-called, "arc dodgers" are better at jousting then they are. The X-Wing has already been fixed, it's Acewing that needs to be nerfed. Bank boost needs to be made red in order to calm it down.

Again ffgs problem is that they tried to make the enteric fixes into exactly equally efficient ships. Without doing the math. And it didn't work.

What they need to do is make reasons to take a certain generic over another generic. Why do I want a tie advanced with accuracy corrector and always evading versus the tie fighter which is still more efficient. There's basically no reason. As the evade makes them even less of an appetizing target versus what else you have in the list.

Comparably Awings are great right now cuz they have reasons for being taken: auto thruster, boosting for blocking and even crack shot on the upper generic.

TLT Y-Wings pushed them farther out because TLT ships could do a better job of getting shots on Acewings and fat boosting turrets.

As much as I like what Triple U-Boat has done to the game, you can reliably 2 shot B-Wings with Torpedoes.

With the freebie shield from IA and the 2 speed green manuevers you get from R2 units along with the better k-turn on the X-Wing, X-Wings are actually /better/ than B-Wings. They've already been fixed. The problem is that they cannot at all compete with Acewings, as both B/X-Wings lack the action economy or high PS post dial non-skill repositioning BS that ships like Soontir can pull off.

If you block Soontir, with only 4 agility and Palpatine he has a 48% chance of taking no damage ASSUMING you get 3 hits.

Soontir can convert a blank blank focus result on 3 agility dice to 4 evade results with an evade token, autothrusters, Palpatine, and a focus token.

It's no wonder that regular Joustwing ships are no longer played at all when so-called, "arc dodgers" are better at jousting then they are. The X-Wing has already been fixed, it's Acewing that needs to be nerfed. Bank boost needs to be made red in order to calm it down.

I can't help but notice that your proposed fix does not in fact help solve the joust potential of soontir, but instead robs him of being an arc dodger...

I can't help but notice that your proposed fix does not in fact help solve the joust potential of soontir, but instead robs him of being an arc dodger...

Actually you can still arc dodge and bank boost, just not every single turn.