Rogue Dakotan

Rogue Dakotan's Painted Miniatures

Well this fellow was super quick and easy to paint. I wasn't feeling inspired enough to do anything with lightning or blue lighting effects on his hands. So just black, with some subtle gray highlights (more easily seen on the back not pictured). And some light gray skin with highlights. Done. 

DUFVcv9VAAAB3dM.jpg

DUHJ9KDU8AEc8dK.jpg

Tried to do these guys as fast as I could with one set based on the card art, and one set based on the Jump Troopers from Rebels/Battlefront II. 

In order to speed things up, I thinned my black wash down a bunch, and after I applied it, I wiped it off of the large areas of white before it could dry, rather than having to go back over it whith white later. So a lot of the white on these guys is just straight primer showing. 

I still have to put on the gloss coat on their armor. 

But I just wanted to get these guys done asa quickly as I could. :P 

Edited by Rogue Dakotan

12 hours ago, Rogue Dakotan said:

In order to speed things up, I thinned my black wash down a bunch, and after I applied it, I wiped it off of the large areas of white before it could dry, rather than having to go back over it whith white later. So a lot of the white on these guys is just straight primer showing. 

That's how I do it. I find there's no need to over-complicate them. :)

On 06/02/2018 at 1:26 AM, Rogue Dakotan said:

So I think, unless I'm missing someone, I only have 5 miniatures left to paint. My goal is to complete my IA set before Legion comes out. 

• Ahsoka
  • Maul
  • Bossk
  • Greedo
  • Shyla

So your gonna get legion?

Thanks. :D 

I just followed @Sorastro's guide in the Trandoshan Hunter's video. Though I used a different color for the jumpsuit. Averland Sunset with a bit of Nurgling Green mixed in as a base. 

Also I stuck with the same skin paints but in reference pictures Bossk definitely seems like he's more brown than green but whatever. rendition1.img-1.jpg

DV9XTbtU0AAYlEM.jpgDV9XUcMVoAELR0a.jpg

I sculpted a hood for Maul to match this look: 

reb_ca_1485_fc4b9532.png

This look is more true to his appearance in Rebels. The IA mini has some metal thing around his neck/chest that didn't appear in Rebels but is from a look in TCW. 

DWCVty0UQAAMmNl.jpg

Here are the highlights finished. Just lightsaber and tattoos left at this point. Stay tuned.