Sign in to follow this  
BlueMusketeer28

A viable plan for an E-Wing fix

What do you think about this idea for an e-wing fix? ...

Cost: 1 pt

Your system upgrade cost 2 less. If you have an R7 droid, when you acquire a target lock, get a focus token.

Or even better... Get an evade token.

Edited by Shinren

How about Proton Thrusters. 3 points. Goes in the torpedo slot. Your action bar gains the boost action.

Couple that with a nice astromech slot that reduces your points, say R7 Astromech. Reduce all equipped upgrades by -2 points.

Generics can take Autothrusters to increase survivability and fire control system to add action economy. They gain boost but cannot abuse it due to no access to PTL.

Corran also gains access to Autothrusters and boost and still sees an increase in cost to reflect the increase.

I chucked these in the other thread but i'll put them here too.

My idea for upgrades:

Fancy sounding E-Wing Title (0pts):

You may equip either a [system] or [Astromech] costing 3 points for free.

Integrated R7 [Astromech] (3pts, E-wing only):

When you reveal a green manoeuvre assign a focus token to your ship.

When you reveal a white manoeuvre assign an evade token to your ship.

When you reveal a red manoeuvre you may perform a free boost action.

Sensor Upgrade [system] (3pts, E-wing only):

Once per round when attacking and once per round when defending you may change one of your opponents [eye] results to a blank result.

The idea is to give the E-wing a 'discount' while encouraging upgrades,for System slots it would be this, Accuracy corrector or Advanced Sensors and for Astromechs it would be this one, R7-T1, R5-P9, R5-D8 or R2-F2.

The Integrated R7 helps the lower PS pilots with some action economy, survivability and unpredictability (semi-sengor k-turn with the boost prior to moving) and the Sensor Upgrade is an E-wing only tweaked version of Sensor Jammer to help both offence and defense. 

My idea for upgrades:

Once per round when attacking and once per round when defending you may change one of your opponents [eye] results to a blank result.

The idea is to give the E-wing a 'discount' while encouraging upgrades,for System slots it would be this, Accuracy corrector or Advanced Sensors and for Astromechs it would be this one, R7-T1, R5-P9, R5-D8 or R2-F2.

The Integrated R7 helps the lower PS pilots with some action economy, survivability and unpredictability (semi-sengor k-turn with the boost prior to moving) and the Sensor Upgrade is an E-wing only tweaked version of Sensor Jammer to help both offence and defense.

My idea for upgrades:

This is honestly sounding overpowered. I'm not trying to be rude but I don't think the "fix" needed is that huge

My idea for upgrades:

This is honestly sounding overpowered. I'm not trying to be rude but I don't think the "fix" needed is that huge

No offence taken, you wouldn't get both slots for free. When you think about the PS1 E-Wing they start at 27 points. Equipping all of that would mean you have a PS1 fighter costing 30 points who would have some action economy and a little extra punch for one attack and defense roll. 

Edited by Deffly

Would a system slot upgrade similar to enhanced scopes work?

Precision Scopes

During the Activation phase treat your pilot skill value as "12"

point cost ?

This would allow generics try to escape arcs but limit corran's effective firepower.

Also would this break any other system slot ships? I couldn't think of any.

How about this:
Title: Extra Training
E-Wing only
You may treat this ship as if it has the same PS as the highest friendly ship, or PS8, whichever is lower.
(zero point upgrade.)

If I have worded this correctly, it makes (say) the 27 point Knave squadron pilot a PS8 ship- as long as it is flying next to a ship that is PS8 or higher (say, Poe). When the highest PS ship is destroyed, the PS of the Knave degrades to that of the next highest PS ship.

It does mean that the 2 points spent on Blackmoon aren't all that well spent, but it would be nice to have the extra 2 PS in case it's the highest PS ship remaining. 

It gives a rather nice upgrade to Etahn, who simply can't really make good use of his ability, but would love the higher PS. Imagine this loadout on a PS 8 ship:

Etahn A'baht (32)
Juke (2)
Sensor Jammer (4)
R4-D6 (1)

Total: 39

It does little or nothing for Corran, who is already in a pretty good spot.

It's that last bit that's the real difficult thing for any E-Wing fix- it needs to be something that offers at least 4 points of value to everyone _but_ Corran. I think my idea does that.

How about this:Title: Extra TrainingE-Wing onlyYou may treat this ship as if it has the same PS as the highest friendly ship, or PS8, whichever is lower.(zero point upgrade.)If I have worded this correctly, it makes (say) the 27 point Knave squadron pilot a PS8 ship- as long as it is flying next to a ship that is PS8 or higher (say, Poe). When the highest PS ship is destroyed, the PS of the Knave degrades to that of the next highest PS ship. It does mean that the 2 points spent on Blackmoon aren't all that well spent, but it would be nice to have the extra 2 PS in case it's the highest PS ship remaining.  It gives a rather nice upgrade to Etahn, who simply can't really make good use of his ability, but would love the higher PS. Imagine this loadout on a PS 8 ship: Etahn A'baht (32)Juke (2)Sensor Jammer (4)R4-D6 (1) Total: 39 View in Yet Another Squad Builder It does little or nothing for Corran, who is already in a pretty good spot. It's that last bit that's the real difficult thing for any E-Wing fix- it needs to be something that offers at least 4 points of value to everyone _but_ Corran. I think my idea does that.

I like it. Given that the rookies coat nearly as much as some of those high PS ships, that would really help. I have to disagree about Et'ahn though... He doesn't use his ship effectively, but the trick win Et'ahn is holding him back and rolling in a wide arc, he want to always be shooting at range 3 to maximize the ships in arc so all of his wingmen take them down. Getting a triangle around an enemy ship is glorious with him.

If it's worth it, who cares what slot it removes? The unique thing about Defenders was the ability to take a cannon on an imperial small ship. With the new title, people will gladly sacrifice that because the benefits are worth it.

The real thing that needs to be preserved is not any particular slot, but OPTIONS. Any fix should not be an auto-include. If one fix takes away the systems slot for other good benefits, then that's fine as well as players who want to keep the systems slot have other competitive options they can go to.

I think the reason there is such a focus on both loosing the systems slot and point deductions is that there exists an elite pilot that is already viable, while the generics are nowhere close to it, resulting in most of the focus being on the generics. Generics typically don't carry much as far as upgrades, so many who want to fly them are fine sacrificing slots they don't plan to use.

I know why people focus on that. Corran exists. There's no good reason to take a naked, generic E-wing, though, now that the T-70 exists. You would take an e-wing for the system/astromech combo, or for the pilot abilities.

You have to consider future pilots, too.

Edited by quasistellar

Precision Scopes

point cost ?

This would allow generics try to escape arcs but limit corran's effective firepower.

Basically every Phantom can now use ACD optimally. Echo meta for life.

I have to disagree about Et'ahn though... He doesn't use his ship effectively, but the trick win Et'ahn is holding him back and rolling in a wide arc, he want to always be shooting at range 3 to maximize the ships in arc so all of his wingmen take them down. Getting a triangle around an enemy ship is glorious with him.

The problem with Et'ahn is that his ability is legitimately amazing, but he costs so much that he can't really bring enough 3 attack dice ships to be worth the bother of bringing him in the first place.

I say "3 dice ship" because he doesn't help you hit more often, he just helps you hit harder. I don't tend to value crits so much that I'd be be willing to take him for his ability in a standard game.

If he were in an X-Wing, priced at 25 points, I'd take him all the time.

HOWEVER! In an Epic game he's fantastic, and he makes his entire fleet hit hard.

Precision Scopes

point cost ?

Basically every Phantom can now use ACD optimally. Echo meta for life.

Phantoms would not be able to activate ACD at PS12. The activation phase is when you move all your dudes not the combat phase. So the PS12 is strictly to move last.

If the E-wing honks want a fix to assist in getting non-Horn E-wings on the starfield, the only logical answer that has historical presidence (like the hopefully released soon Imp Vets) is a point reduction card that removes equipment slots. All the other railing blather is kinda fun to read, but mostly lean towards an over-power the strong E-wing to quite a rediculous degree. I personally think the E-wing is fine and I'll put Horn in a Rebel squad almost every time, but never the generics, like most specialty ships....there are better wingmates to Rebel E's who have better abilities at cost (even if it's reduced by 2).

Edited by clanofwolves