Sign in to follow this  
evanger

Rebel fleet massing near Sullust

Based on international rumors, I think we'll see "Imperial Veterans" released today or tomorrow, then within a day or so we'll learn of "Rebel Veterans", an upcomng expansion containing two ships: T-65 X-wing and new (gray) Rebel Y-wing. For the X-wing, tradition says it needs an alt paint job, so why not a CorSec inspired green stripe (and Corran Horn pilot).

At least on long-rumored X-wing "fix" included. One of the features will be a method of adding a crew slot to a Y-wing (a functionality like the TIE Shuttle idea).

Why? Because of fun. I would buy two of them for sure.

Wave 9 and Jabba's Star Jewel (with 2 Z-95s) will be announced at GenCon's FFG In-Flight Report, possibly alongside a "Scum Aces" type pack.

Obviously this is all speculation on my part (aside from the initial rumor nugget)...but I have searched my feelings and I know it to be true.

...so you think, having announced Heroes of the Resistance, FFG is going to follow it up with another box of Rebel repaints/fixes?

Yes, I do.

I think the symmetry is too great.

I like the Scum faction well enough, but I just don't feel that they'll go down the same road, release-wise (Aces and Veterans expansions). Maybe another ship + card extravaganza like a "Most Wanted 2".

To me, personally, Scum is all about the (now complete) Bounty Hunters from ESB.

I guess I'd expect to see S&V access to some version of the YTs already in play. Particularly given the TFA shipjacking history of the poor Falcon, pre-Rey.

It's a bit mean, though, to have Scum players have to buy non-faction expansions in addition to a "Most Wanted 2" type pack, but if said pack had three small ships and extra crap for a re-purposed Falcon expansion, it might be good.

Design-wise they might be avoiding the YT-to-Scum idea, however. Not sure.

Scum is due Aces & fixes for 2-3 ships, imperials are due another large ship, and rebels can get stuffed for the time being.

NOPE... SCUM gets a pair of HUGE first!

Greedy SOB you!

:angry:

You can have your epic scum, just give me the Upsilon shuttle.

Scum is due Aces & fixes for 2-3 ships, imperials are due another large ship, and rebels can get stuffed for the time being.

Greedy SOB you!

It's bound to be on the way...

Greedy SOB you!

They say the same about the gunboat so I suppose we will just have to see.

Greedy SOB you!

They say the same about the gunboat so I suppose we will just have to see.

Yeah but the GB is dumb, old, and not even in popular modern cannon anymore...

12473917_476133069263111_211536042639340

Look for The EVIL New Hotness to show up... soon.

:lol:

I predict a replay of March 17 & 18, 2014.

17th: Imperial Aces released

18th: Rebel Aces announced

As for Wave 9, perhaps we'd see a smaller than average wave, a la Wave 5 (just the VT-49 and YT-2400). Or a wave with no Rebel/Resistance craft.

I would think the TIE/sf has to be involved (it's too cool).

I want to say Scurrg H-6 for Scum (large base, 2 crew OR 2 astromechs).

I've said it once but I'll say it again: Heroes of the Resistance is "Rebel Veterans".

I don't feel Resistance = Rebels.

I know they can work together right now, but to me they aren't the same.

To me, personally, Scum is all about the (now complete) Bounty Hunters from ESB.

Oddly enough I've been playing mostly Scum for awhile and I have yet to use an ESB bounty hunter as anything but crew.

I would say that while Hero's of the Resistance is a kind of sad release, given that it mainly helps 2 ships that seem to be in play fairly commonly, it is the Rebel Veterans pack. Which of course means the long awaited X and E fixes or just alternate pilots (R7-t1 was Luke's droid, Corran and Whistler were an X-Wing team, and

Gate/Mynock is still AWOL leaving Wedge without a cannon droid, ohh and Tycho still has no X-Wing at all). I know the Y-Wing is a popular pick for such a pack but it seems to be commonly used and I don't feel it needs too much help (an elite rebel pilot would be nice though...). But yeah the rebels aren't likely to get a fix pack with new models when we just got one... Just in a form no one seemed that desperate for.

I've said it once but I'll say it again: Heroes of the Resistance is "Rebel Veterans".

I don't think so.   And here's why:

Heroes of the Resistance is likely just  a separate release meant to partially fulfill the content from Episode 7.  We know they will probably do more Force Awakens stuff at some point right?   A TIE/sf, Kylo Ren's Shuttle?  Leia's Resistance Shuttle?  That "fast" ship Rey wanted initially before it was blown up?   Maybe even Kanjaklub's ships?  The problem is, these are all new ships and they can easily do a whole wave of Force Awakens ships and have it be all new.   But for Poe's black X-Wing and the new Falcon, well we already have those models in our collections so you'd need to do them as an "aces" style box.  Now they can do more "new" ships from TFA.  Now we don't have to worry about how were going to get Finn and Rey.  Oh, and Finn had better fly SOMETHING in episode 8!

I think we will still see a separate rebel "veterans" type box meant to address legacy ships, but it might be on hold until we see Rogue One come out.   If FFG has some liberty on when to release it, then they will probably want to hold off as long as possible, else they end up with another pilot name calamity like we had in the TFA Starter and initial blisters full of generic "elites". 

I'm thinking Imperial Veterans will be a stand alone, as it really was a fix. Disney is probably going to ramp up the FA stuff and that'll be most of it (hopefully no more Po stuff though, two is one to many already). Scum has all the classic bounty hunters, but they may get a large ship, but I doubt it'll have new teeth (toilet bowls cured that itch). If you think $$$, then an Imperial assault boat would sell like hot cakes to all addicts regulardless of faction leaning......and please, in the name of all that is sacred about plastic, let's stop the pleading for the E-wing fix; news flash: it's (expensive yes, but) awesome!!!

The E-wing needs a fix almost as badly as the defender did, Corran is good but the rest are not. Scum need to have their small ships revamped before they get another big one and while certain persons would appreciate the gunboat Imperials could use another large base before another small base at this point. 

And Scum epics...

Edited by McFoy