20 minutes ago, gounour said:

those are toothpicks, no?

very good battle pictures, although I think the Scurg is off the mark, the corvettes can outrun the VSD as soon as the 'dictor is neutralized, so focus on it!

the odds seems dire for the mandalorians anyway

They are toothpicks.  

The Scurgg pilot is a veteran of the Clone Wars and recognized the Indefatigable as his old ship and wanted to destroy it.  You know mercs, gonna do what they want. 

3 hours ago, Megatronrex said:

I like the way those pics tell a story. Can't believe you didn't paint your toothpicks.:)

But I did paint them ☹️.  They were bare wood before. 

Edited by WGNF911

3 hours ago, Megatronrex said:

Apparently it's just a trick of my color blind eyes I just showed it to @ThatSlyBandit and he said yeah those are painted. My bad.

Well that makes total sense.  I have a friend who has a similar color blindness so while I can’t sympathize, I know where you’re coming from.  

On 5/30/2016 at 11:23 PM, WGNF911 said:

I decide to have a go at a VSD initially (because somehow I ended up with 4?!?!?!) so it was "disposable" and tried to make BLACK work. Probably not the wisest color choice but everyone does grey haha. I ended up putting a green arrow on the front because of my hobby, favorite color and the other obvious reason. After a flat black spray coat, I washed it with gunmetal then went back over some of the raised sections with a black dry brushing. I need to finish up the engines and "scratch" her up a bit with some silver drybrush oh, and add more windows but this is pretty much it. I'd like to add a symbol my daughter created but I'm not sure of the best way to do that. I'd appreciate any advice. I'm using brushes mostly and will spray from a can for large coverage/priming. Critiques and advice welcome.

B64aJvk.jpg

TdKFiLJ.jpg

DrTkfUD.jpg

Probably one of the better black VSDs I’ve seen (there is a surprising amount)

@Drasnighta, I think I’ll do it just for you!  Black is always a challenge to get right anyway.  I can always strip that grey and blue one when it gets boring … which just happened lol.  It’ll be a test subject to prep for a black ISD. 

Aaand according to some art I just found online, the thing at the back of the fuselage isn’t an engine but an airlock so don’t I look silly ?.  It’s gotta be redone anyway buwahahaha 

On 8/9/2016 at 11:30 AM, Lyraeus said:

I need to get a good lamp. Got any suggestions? 

I get cheap bright work lights from Home depot. You can get them for 10 or 20 bucks depending on the type. Then just hang them on the wall or something.