WGNF911

My go at tiny spaceships

179 posts in this topic

I decide to have a go at a VSD initially (because somehow I ended up with 4?!?!?!) so it was "disposable" and tried to make BLACK work. Probably not the wisest color choice but everyone does grey haha. I ended up putting a green arrow on the front because of my hobby, favorite color and the other obvious reason. After a flat black spray coat, I washed it with gunmetal then went back over some of the raised sections with a black dry brushing. I need to finish up the engines and "scratch" her up a bit with some silver drybrush oh, and add more windows but this is pretty much it. I'd like to add a symbol my daughter created but I'm not sure of the best way to do that. I'd appreciate any advice. I'm using brushes mostly and will spray from a can for large coverage/priming. Critiques and advice welcome.

B64aJvk.jpg

TdKFiLJ.jpg

DrTkfUD.jpg

Edited by WGNF911

So many talented painters here!

These are wondrous!   I especially love the green arrowhead on the Victory, but these are all finely detailed works!   Well done! :)

WGNF911 likes this

Love the engines on the ISD :)

Those were done great! I want to say you used a glaze over a light blue to get that effect but I am not sure. . . 

Love the engines on the ISD :)

Those were done great! I want to say you used a glaze over a light blue to get that effect but I am not sure. . .

No glaze. I started with a dark blue coat and got progressively lighter until I got to a vey pale sky blue (probably 4-5 blues altogether a single thin coat for each with minimum dry time between to "mix/blend the blues). Then I did a wash with the dark blue then heavy dry brushed the light blue around the raised pieces and "streaked" the low areas from center to edge. Finally I hit only the rear edges (nozzles, internal vanes, etc.) with a very light dry brushing of white. For the engine glow on the hull I experimented by putting a light coat of a medium blue then dry brushed the same area in one direction (front to back) with white to get the projected light effect. I think I may have overdone it or didn't get the right shade of blue but it turned out pretty good. Edited by WGNF911
Lyraeus likes this

I need to get a good lamp. Got any suggestions? 

My wife got me a TaoTronics LED model TT-DL13.  I have no idea where she got it and she's asleep so I dare not wake here haha.  

It's very bright, long bulb area, adjustable neck (at two points), and you can adjust the color temperature.  Also, be sure to get a good, sturdy table mounted magnifying glass!  Those two things improved my work tremendously.  

sweet "Death Jester"

i love the skull look on the firespray 

Thanks!  I can't take credit for the original idea, that came from someone who had done that to an Xwing FS.

It's very bright, long bulb area, adjustable neck (at two points), and you can adjust the color temperature.  Also, be sure to get a good, sturdy table mounted magnifying glass!  Those two things improved my work tremendously.  

I like those x-wings. Too bad you always run empire. Lol.

I might try some other rebel scum if you would like some painted. Not this week, but maybe in 2-3 weeks.

Chrissr09 likes this