Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HedgeWizard

One more review: from an '86 era WFRP GM

8 posts in this topic

I wrote a fairly extensive review over at Geekdo.com (AKA Boardgamegeek.com).  It's quite long, so I am not copying it here, but I offer up my thoughts as someone who was skeptical but open-minded to the new edition. 

I have come away from my handful of play sessions with a very positive view on this new edition, and I try to outline the reasons why. If you're interested, you can check it out here. If you're already made up your mind that this version sucks but you haven't played it yet, I can't offer you more than what I think was an objective look at the new system. 

Nice, detailed review.  I appreciate the time you put into this and your feedback helped solidify my purchase as well.  As a fan of 1st and 2nd edition, I am more than happy to push into this new realm of RPG pen and paper gaming with a new approach!

Great review.. I have been struggling with some of the 'bad' trying to convert my 2e campaign. Nice to know I am not the only one coming up with some 'thorough' notes as well.

Great review!  As you have much more experience than me, but come from the same background, I see your pros and cons and recognize them as issues I want answered.

Let's see if I can't come up with some money to buy this thing :)