Sign in to follow this  
markcsoul

Are firesprays lacking compared to the other large ships?

Outrider - maybe the only other large ship that's close to the firespray for reduced use. Dash is still a huge threat for many lists though. The barrel roll, all 3 hard turns, and a 360 turret give it the edge though.

To be fair, Dash was the only YT-2400 pilot that was ever really competitive. Leebo, Eaden Vrill, and the generic Fringer were dead on arrival (doesn't help that Eaden's ability is anti-synergistic with the Outsider title).

It's basically like the E-wing situation where there's one good pilot with a few viable builds and the rest is overcosted for what it does.

I've found pretty good use in a dual YT-2400 Dash+tact/Eaden list.  Dash has outrider title, and has be wants to be at range 2, its more common to trigger tactician for Eaden.  I now put Zeb on Eaden so I can get 4 dice at range 1.  I throw a Ion cannon on Eaden to help keep enemy stressed. 

I know it's been said before, but mother of god the Imperial pilot abilities are just so not as good as the Scum abilities and very much not worth the points.

The times I use the Firespray as Imperial, I pretty much only use the base PS bounty hunter. The other pilots and their abilities are just not worth the points. That being said, fitted out right the bounty hunter does make a good damage sink for other Imperial ships that generally don't have much in the way of hitpoints. He's 33 points, takes a total of 10 hits and I like to put the tactical jammer on him and fly my TIEs behind him to give them an extra evade die.

The bounty hunter also makes a pretty good blocker. Throw the tactical jammer, anti-pursuit lasers or ion projectors on him and use him to clog up the enemy while your TIEs pick them off. Adding Mara Jade also really gums up the works for the enemy too. Dropping a seismic charge as you fly past the group is fun too.

I think they could make the Imp Firespray more balanced by giving it a title like the Defender. Like a title that loses the missile slot but lets you fire your cannon and primary in the same round. Maybe with a similar cap on how much the cannon can cost at 3. Because come on, who wouldn't love ionizing and hitting with your primary, then leave a bomb behind for them to drift into?