Sign in to follow this  
markcsoul

Are firesprays lacking compared to the other large ships?

YOU WILL LISTEN TO PAUL HEAVER... YOU WILL PLAY THE META-LIST... YOU WILL LEARN THE MATH... YOU WILL THINK LIKE WE TELL YOU TO THINK... YOU WILL BUY OUR GAMES AT A FLGS... YOU WILL SUPPORT TOURNAMENT PLAY! FIRESPRAYS ARE NO GOOD...  FIRESPRAYS ARE NO GOOD...  FIRESPRAYS ARE NO GOOD...  FIRESPRAYS ARE NO GOOD...  FIRESPRAYS ARE NO GOOD...  BUT BUY THEM TOO!!!

tumblr_npycwcJidw1s335jfo1_r1_500.gif

Sorry Joe, but it doesn't really have anything to do with Heaver or the current tournament meta. The Firespray is currently a poor investment of points. It's certainly not unusable, I've been flying Scum Fett and he can be fun, but you're always fighting hard to make up those points. The Firespray is a jack off all trades master of none, unfortunately, it's priced more like a master.

Sorry Joe, but it doesn't really have anything to do with Heaver or the current tournament meta. The Firespray is currently a poor investment of points. It's certainly not unusable, I've been flying Scum Fett and he can be fun, but you're always fighting hard to make up those points. The Firespray is a jack off all trades master of none, unfortunately, it's priced more like a master.

Oh I know... I am just being silly and trying to keep this a fun place. When I see two or three negative treads here you can expect one of my funny lighthearted topics... in defiance of evil Sith activity... here in our nice parlor.

;)

I've been saying for awhile it needs some love

The imperial versions more than the scum

The imperial firespray pilots are terrible.

I say make boba fett a 9.

Why not?

They did it with poe, and only months after he was released.

I guess that's what erks me about the new rebel pack coming, ships getting more pilots/update pilots, and love before others ships such as the firespray.

The firespray needs something imo to make it more worth while.

There is just better choices for the cost, and at better bang for your buck

All it needs is a modification.

Reduces it's point cost, have to equip something cheap like a tractor beam, or maybe and increase agility.

Modification

0 pts

Reduce cost -2 pts

You must equip a Cannon or crew at 4 pts or less

Your agility value is increased by 1

Or

Your upgrade bar gains an extra crew slot, and sensor slot and minus 2 to all crew equipped. All your turns are green maneuvers

Crew cost must be 5 pts or less

Or

0pts

You may do a 1 green turn so long as your not stressed, and you have 1 crew equipped.

You may equipment another modification

Edited by Krynn007

One of my little cards is Outer Rim Raider. It cost 6 points and is SCUM Only... of course. You get an Engine Upgrade, Barrel Roll and an Evade token at the start of each round.

The idea being that as a Raider you have gotten very adept at hiding in and ambushing from asteroids and other cover such as nebula.

:)

ASTEROID%2BSET%2B1C.PNG                            SCUM%252520HUTT%252520KERAXE.png                ASTRO%2BDEBRIES%2B1%2BA.PNG

AST%2BMOON%2B2.PNG                                           SCUM%2BYV-666%2BHUTT.PNG      ASTEROID%2BSMA%2BB%2B2%2BSCUM.PNG        SCUM%252520UTF.png ASTEROID%2BSET%2B1A%2BMYNOCK%2BNEST.PNG

IMP%2BTIE%2BAG%2B1.PNG

They're fine. 

Imperial Boba had a bit of a resurgence during Store Championships. Scum Boba has had some success as well. The rear arc is a tool that takes some getting used to. I personally am taking my Ace hunter Scum Boba to a tournament on Sunday. I've seen what Boba can do with an Autoblaster to a TIE. It will be fun. 

Would you share your loadout?

Looking at the Heroes of the Resistance pack, if Rebel ships are getting a mod which allows them to take Illicit upgrades, maybe it's time to give the Imperial Firespray access to Illicit upgrades as well?

Hel-Nah because The Empire would not do that!

NAH!

:angry:

It was just tech that they stole from the empire anyway! I am of the mind that the empire should have had thier own unique slot for awhile: Tech... Now that it's already been given to the **** rebel scum, it'll only be a matter of time before the scum of the non-rebel variety steal it too...

Now I don't want this to become another one of "those threads" but c'mon now: scum and rebels make better bombers, imperials still only have 1 turret, Rebs get talon rolls, Rebs and scum get droids, scum stole the 0 red and the cloaking device... We're left with a white Kturn... And you wonder why we just revert back to out swarming and out acing?

I think the empire really does need Imperial Connections, Imperial supply chain, or Imperial Contract, or something that is theirs alone that makes them feel like the well oiled, well disciplined, no shields, all guts, all glory military might they should be. Right now they don't share ships and most of thier ships look uniform. Not exactly great faction identity gameplay wise.

--- sorry, got a bit ranty--- going to go eat breakfast. I'm thinking cottage bacon and poached eggs if you're wondering. And coffee, black of course.

The firespray needs more breakfast!

Looking at the Heroes of the Resistance pack, if Rebel ships are getting a mod which allows them to take Illicit upgrades, maybe it's time to give the Imperial Firespray access to Illicit upgrades as well?

Hel-Nah because The Empire would not do that!

NAH!

:angry:

It was just tech that they stole from the empire anyway! I am of the mind that the empire should have had thier own unique slot for awhile: Tech... Now that it's already been given to the **** rebel scum, it'll only be a matter of time before the scum of the non-rebel variety steal it too...

Now I don't want this to become another one of "those threads" but c'mon now: scum and rebels make better bombers, imperials still only have 1 turret, Rebs get talon rolls, Rebs and scum get droids, scum stole the 0 red and the cloaking device... We're left with a white Kturn... And you wonder why we just revert back to out swarming and out acing?

I think the empire really does need Imperial Connections, Imperial supply chain, or Imperial Contract, or something that is theirs alone that makes them feel like the well oiled, well disciplined, no shields, all guts, all glory military might they should be. Right now they don't share ships and most of thier ships look uniform. Not exactly great faction identity gameplay wise.

--- sorry, got a bit ranty--- going to go eat breakfast. I'm thinking cottage bacon and poached eggs if you're wondering. And coffee, black of course.

The firespray needs more breakfast!

THESE ships IMP%252520SHUT%252520NDV.png IMP%2BRAIDER%2BNV.PNG ... should of had THESE little guys IMP%2BR-4%2BAGRO.PNGIMP%2BDROID%2BRA-7%2BPT.pngIMP%2BR-4%2BAGRO%2B2.PNG on board, and here at BPB they do have them!

Get busy FFG so the peeps that do not know how to add stuff to the game on their own can one day enjoy what we veterans have in our games... already.

:D

... maybe it's time to give the Imperial Firespray access to Illicit upgrades as well?

I'd rather see Imp FS31 have access to Scum Crew, rather than Illicits - you just don't flaunt contraband under the nose of the Empire, but bringing back-up is fine.

Wouldn't address the OP sentiment that even S&V FS's are still a hard sell.

I also like the idea of emphasising the rear arc as a point-of-difference...

... I like the suggestion of allowing any equipped Cannon to use the Aux arc - afterall, the tail guns appear to be on 360° swivels.

(and it would alleviate any need to develop a fitting upgrade, and deciding which slot that would pilfer)

Edited by ABXY

Outrider - maybe the only other large ship that's close to the firespray for reduced use. Dash is still a huge threat for many lists though. The barrel roll, all 3 hard turns, and a 360 turret give it the edge though.

To be fair, Dash was the only YT-2400 pilot that was ever really competitive. Leebo, Eaden Vrill, and the generic Fringer were dead on arrival (doesn't help that Eaden's ability is anti-synergistic with the Outsider title).

It's basically like the E-wing situation where there's one good pilot with a few viable builds and the rest is overcosted for what it does.

While firing secondary weapons out of the aux arc would be cool...I still think the firesprays need help on defense more than offense.

I still think the Tie/x7 title would be perfect for the firespray.  2 point reduction, free evade on 3 and 4 speed moves (how great would that be when kturning!).

I had another idea tonight that would synergize well with Long Range Scanners.  A new title (would have to allow a 2nd title as well so you can take slave 1).  This new title would be a defensive version of the ATC for the tie advanced.  If you have a target lock on someone and they attack you, you can add one evade result to your green dice total.  So you figure out when the game starts who your biggest threat is and put a lock on them before they even get into firing range with LRS.

While firing secondary weapons out of the aux arc would be cool...I still think the firesprays need help on defense more than offense.

I still think the Tie/x7 title would be perfect for the firespray.  2 point reduction, free evade on 3 and 4 speed moves (how great would that be when kturning!).

I had another idea tonight that would synergize well with Long Range Scanners.  A new title (would have to allow a 2nd title as well so you can take slave 1).  This new title would be a defensive version of the ATC for the tie advanced.  If you have a target lock on someone and they attack you, you can add one evade result to your green dice total.  So you figure out when the game starts who your biggest threat is and put a lock on them before they even get into firing range with LRS.

I think this is true of Firesprays, Scum Firespray have great offense Kath gets 5 dice out the reat at range 1, that's pretty sweet. But as has been said, they are poor defensively. If they could get access to Sensor Jammer or something of it's equivalent, that would be great.